Week 2 - Things we learned

Sammyswordsman

2 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Well, yes. Beating SJP certainly does. 

Forget the score. Look at what happened in the game.

Marietta was at home and was losing with a minute left.

Then they were beating Collins Hill, 21-9, in the 4th quarter.

Only a clueless bozo, who would rank Steele in his top 25 and St. Mary's in his top 40, would claim that this more than justifies a top 25 ranking.

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Forget the score. Look at what happened in the game.

Marietta was at home and was losing with a minute left.

Then they were beating Collins Hill, 21-9, in the 4th quarter.

Only a clueless bozo, who would rank Steele in his top 25 and St. Mary's in his top 40, would claim that this more than justifies a top 25 ranking.

Marietta was winning for most of the game vs SJP, and shouldve been up by more.

SJP scored with just over a minute left to take the lead.

You clearly didnt watch it either.

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But let's be honest, Omaha Vol is the goofball who once has Steele in his top 25 and St. Mary's in his top 40.

I’ve missed a few here and there over the years, but my success in the Pick’em contests clearly proves my knowledge. I don’t think anyone can debate that. Am I the most knowledgeable? Of course not. You, on the other hand, have made no attempts to prove your knowledge of the game. All I’ve ever seen you do is make feeble attempts to belittle everyone in your wake. 

Point blank, you’re just a miserable person without any inkling of what goes on around here. 

• Like 1

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Marietta was winning for most of the game, and shouldve been up by more.

The game was scoreless for the first quarter and a half. Marietta had a lead for what amounted to about 18 minutes of a 48-minute game.

Our clown quotient was already over the limit with Omaha "Imhotep Charter is a private school" Vol here. No need for you to add to it.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

SJP scored with just over a minute left to take the lead.

One is as good as the other.

Marietta was losing at home with a minute left and yet we've got bozos using that result to rank them in the top 25. And at the same time they will completely ignore the Collins Hill result.

Cognitive dissonance.

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

One is as good as the other.

Marietta was losing at home with a minute left and yet we've got bozos using that result to rank them in the top 25. And at the same time they will completely ignore the Collins Hill result.

Cognitive dissonance.

"With a minute left" ... Context Guru. Context.

What does a minute left matter? Marietta won the football game. SJP led for all of about 1 total minute of the 2nd half

Name 25 better teams.

22 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

1.  Marietta is a dang good team this year, and could end up with Texas bragging rights within a week.

2.  SJP is pretty good as well, and is once again the savior of Northeast football.

3.  Gotta give more credit to SJR with JSerra easily handling Bishop Amat.

4. Mater Dei and SJB can name the scores vs. all but 1 or 2 National teams.

5.  Cathedral Catholic is arguably the most improved program over the past couple of years.

6. DLS is starting to gel and that's bad news for the devil.

7.  St. X is better than they get credit for on this board.

8.  Narbonne will live up to their hype

9.  Katy is arguably the best team in Texas right now

10.  Cen10 is really down over the past 10 years.  Way down.  Maybe not a Top 10 Calif team

11 IMG is really good again.

12.  SFA will finally play a schedule they can be proud of, and with their best team ever.

13.  Hoover still has more bark than bite.

14.  Fla is trending down again with the Northwestern blowout.

15.  Allen is not their typical selves this year.  Texas guys were right for a change.

Just so EVERYONE can see this.

He DOES NOT mention HIS school (Servite) getting BLOWN out against BG.

Not. One. Mention. 

Saturday Additions........(after the late games)

1.  Mission Viejo program is a strong as ever winning big on all 3 levels vs a solid La Habra program.

2.  The Bishop hasn't completely lost their mojo.

3.  Servite is still a year away, but very much on schedule with Sophs at key skill positions

4. Bergen Catholic will challenge in the BNU

5.  The BNU is improved over last year, and trending up

6.  There is an upstart program in So Cal called Grace Bretheran that is making noise and has resources to play OOS.

7. Arch bishop Hoban is not going away

8. IMG (which Owns Fla.) vs SJP is going to be a doozy.

9.  Buford will be in the mix once again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I’ve missed a few here and there over the years, but my success in the Pick’em contests clearly proves my knowledge.

Again, you didn't miss.

You don't know what you're doing.

There's a difference.

If you think that there's any chance that St. Mary's could ever be a top 40 team then you're incompetent and don't even know what you're watching.

You're a fraud who just makes it up.

8 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I’ve missed a few here and there over the years, but my success in the Pick’em contests clearly proves my knowledge. I don’t think anyone can debate that.

You "missed" like you made a "mistake" saying that Imhotep Charter was a private school.

It's not a miss or a mistake. You just didn't know.

It's ignorance and incompetence.

The day that you understand that is the day that you stop being an obvious clown and fake.

10 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The game was scoreless for the first quarter and a half. Marietta had a lead for what amounted to about 18 minutes of a 48-minute game.

Our clown quotient was already over the limit with Omaha "Imhotep Charter is a private school" Vol here. No need for you to add to it.

It was closer to 20 than 18.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Again, you didn't miss.

You don't know what you're doing.

There's a difference.

If you think that there's any chance that St. Mary's could ever be a top 40 team then you're incompetent and don't even know what you're watching.

You're a fraud who just makes it up.

How does finishing near the top of the Pick’em every year make me a fraud? Obviously, I know what I’m talking about. You, on the other hand, refuse to stick your neck out there and participate. Not surprising since you’ve proven to be a gutless wonder for years now. 

Do I nail every game in the Pick’em, no. Do I miss on some teams in my poll, sure. At least I get the majority of them right. 

12 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

You, on the other hand, have made no attempts to prove your knowledge of the game. All I’ve ever seen you do is make feeble attempts to belittle everyone in your wake.

I don't have any need to prove anything to you. I'm not here to be your friend or prove anything. I merely tell you that you're incompetent and a complete boob.

And if my attempts to belittle were feeble then I wouldn't have as many dedicated haters, Ok.

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

"With a minute left" ... Context Guru. Context.

What does a minute left matter? Marietta won the football game.

Winning a game is not sufficient to be a top 25 team.

They confirmed my suspicions the next week with their Collins Hill effort.

And no doubt they will further confirm it as the season goes on as they have more poor results before their inevitable playoff loss.

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I don't have any need to prove anything to you. I'm not here to be your friend or prove anything. I merely tell you that you're incompetent and a complete boob.

And if my attempts to belittle were feeble then I wouldn't have as many dedicated haters, Ok.

Well, ok then! If we can’t be friends I don’t think I can go on. 

• Haha 1