Rumour Report: TOAL HIRED AT BERGEN CATHOLIC

SJR 04

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Lol. Drummer and Jimbo are right wing nuts!! I'm not that "passionate." Trust me. 

Drummer and jimbo are extremist. I say you have to be nutty to like and or believe in Trump but let's not take this thread the wrong direction. I can see your two buddies coming guns blazing. Lol... sorry soldiers

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zipcep said:

Talk about education....its "come on" and You is not "U", save that for texting.

I went to DBP and so are my sons and not because they play football. Hell a SJR coach coached my oldest in rec and he thought he'd be going to SJR (and Augie was inquiring), but I told him it was my Son's decision....not a bad one if I do say so myself.

Im sorry but myself and everyone I know went to BNU schools, nothing but grab ass, dick games, playing madden and watching movies on the board when the teachers beat, and just doesn't want to teach.... 

juniors and seniors can just walk into random classes and start disrupting the class, 

common on if the class can convince a private school teacher that there's a cat in the radiator by meowing and banging on the radiator.. do you really want that kind of teacher teaching your kids life lessons 

45 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Drummer and jimbo are extremist. I say you have to be nutty to like and or believe in Trump but let's not take this thread the wrong direction. I can see your two buddies coming guns blazing. Lol... sorry soldiers

I'm extremist? Really? I believe in American greatness. Yes that's extreme. I believe in hard work. Obviously extreme. Rule of law. Extreme. The Constitution. Extreme. Limited government. Definitely extreme. The sanctity of life. Waaaaay extreme. Doing my own thing and not bothering others as they do whatever they feel like. Extreme. Ok I'm an extremist. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Im sorry but myself and everyone I know went to BNU schools, nothing but grab ass, dick games, playing madden and watching movies on the board when the teachers beat, and just doesn't want to teach.... 

juniors and seniors can just walk into random classes and start disrupting the class, 

common on if the class can convince a private school teacher that there's a cat in the radiator by meowing and banging on the radiator.. do you really want that kind of teacher teaching your kids life lessons 

Hey Cheech, its 420....step away from the keyboard.....

3 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

School is about education, as you said, and you left the decision of which school would best educate your son up to him, when he was 13 or 14?

There were 3 choices....DBP, DBP & DBP....

but in reality it was the big 3 BC, DBP and SJR (its like 2 miles from my house).....and it better be compelling for me or its DBP .......and it turned out well

1 minute ago, Zipcep said:

but in reality it was the big 3 BC, DBP and SJR (its like 2 miles from my house).....and it better be compelling for me or its DBP .......and it turned out well

Your son went Ivy correct?

3 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

Sounds like any of the 3 wouldn't have been bad choices. And there really wasn't much of a choice anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zipcep said:

Yes, Yale

Ok. Here's my question. You said you lived within two miles of a particular school. Living within two miles of any school you listed (assuming you don't live in spring valley NY which is two miles of bosco and joes) puts you in a great public school district. Do you honestly believe that your son could not have gotten into an ivy had he went to his district public school? My belief is that high schools for the most part inherit kids that have already framed their academic foundation. None of those high schools are taking a kid with a bad foundation and turning him into an ivy league qualifier. To much credit is given to high schools. More important is the elementary/middle school, undergrad and most importantly grad schools.

5 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Ok. Here's my question. You said you lived within two miles of a particular school. Living within two miles of any school you listed (assuming you don't live in spring valley NY which is two miles of bosco and joes) puts you in a great public school district. Do you honestly believe that your son could not have gotten into an ivy had he went to his district public school? My belief is that high schools for the most part inherit kids that have already framed their academic foundation. None of those high schools are taking a kid with a bad foundation and turning him into an ivy league qualifier. To much credit is given to high schools. More important is the elementary/middle school, undergrad and most importantly grad schools.

NO way in Hell in my local group1 public....

In his mind playing DBP football was a means to an end.....did he want to play at Mich, Oh st. or Rutgers, NO......does he want to play in the NFL...NO.

He knew where he was going after his junior day there

Just well rounded kid, like Yale likes them.

GSB can vouch for that

7 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

NO way in Hell in my local group1 public....

In his mind playing DBP football was a means to an end.....did he want to play at Mich, Oh st. or Rutgers, NO......does he want to play in the NFL...NO.

He knew where he was going after his junior day there

Just well rounded kid, like Yale likes them.

GSB can vouch for that

So what do you think the private did to get him in tale that your local school couldn't have done?

18 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

So what do you think the private did to get him in tale that your local school couldn't have done?

Play REAL football against top flight competition

Travel the country....more than he will in college

balance an intense football program & all honors academics

get up at 5:30 and get dressed for school. I've seen local kids going to school in their pajamas

become a young man

He was "undersized" at 265lbs his freshman year, but after watching him practice and play they are actually trying to "dial him down"......thats ALL BNU football. Competing against guys like Rashaun Gary and Nick Bosa. There are not those types that play Group 1 football

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

balance an intense football program & all honors academics

get up at 5:30 and get dressed for school. I've seen local kids going to school in their pajamas

become a young man

He was "undersized" at 265lbs his freshman year, but after watching him practice and play they are actually trying to "dial him down"......thats ALL BNU football. Competing against guys like Rashaun Gary and Nick Bosa. There are not those types that play Group 1 football

I'm speaking more so academic. I'm one to never question what a kid gets from playing BNU football. To be transparent with you this was my attempt to show you that the biggest advantage most kids get were the football related examples you gave, and that is why academics get lost in this whole thing (response to your questioning why people are choosing schools based on athletics). I think a great deal of parents who know that their children are academically sound trust that their kid will be an "A" student no matter what school he attends, however the same can not be said about an athlete being exceptional and receiving the same consideration coming from a group one school that an exceptional athlete in the BNU or any reputable program will receive. Therefore many parents choose the school based on the prestige of the programs their child excels in.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

the same can not be said about an athlete being exceptional and receiving the same consideration coming from a group one school 

nonsense

the rest of your post was great

its not the school that gets recruited, its the athlete

and athletes get recruited no matter where they play

1 hour ago, Zipcep said:

real football? 

and as a high schooler it's better to travel the country more than as a college player?

I thought that travel was just to teach the kids how to handle it in college not to be the be all end all. 

41 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Don bosco had Wayne drammound... the kid was a bafoon and a low life,,,,,, he couldn't read and still got passing grades... just cause he could run the ball...

the guy stole this kids phone from his locker then went up to the poor kid the next day to ask for the kids phone charger 

I wish Wayne was wiser back then. The possibilities could've been endless.  The timing was right for him as bosco was beginning it's national dominance. The kid could've been jabrill before jabrill.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

real football? 

and as a high schooler it's better to travel the country more than as a college player?

I thought that travel was just to teach the kids how to handle it in college not to be the be all end all. 

Yes real football, have you watched group 1 football

No, not many HS players get to travel all over the country, more than a number of college players and more than he personally will at his college

very few high school kids get to experience travel and it was a good experience for my son.....prepping for college travel??? I don't get it

14 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

very few high school kids get to experience travel and it was a good experience for my son.....prepping for college travel??? I don't get it

I always thought of high school as something to prepare you for later in life. Bosco's travel I think is great because it teaches the kids and gives them exposures.

When my kid started college, playing a sport, the travel was a lot.  She adjusted just great because she had experience. (not from her high school but from club and Olympic development)

Bosco gives you this experience in school. Way good. Another reason my two year old grad kid is slatted for the class of 2033. :)