Rumour Report: TOAL HIRED AT BERGEN CATHOLIC

SJR 04

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My sources are telling me that this is a probable outcome. 

To me this makes a lot of sense for Toal. He's 65 and doesn't need the headache of being the HC at one of the non-pubs. He's always been a defensive minded guy and I assume he will have free reign. I don't see a clash of egos. He would rather help Nunz than undermine him.

• Like 2

Also I might be late to the game with this info but I heard one of the main contentions behind Toal being fired was the money he was making off of the football camps he was running. Heuser and the admin wanted him to share the proceeds and he was refusing. I'm not familiar with the financials of the camps but supposedly they are cash cows for all of the HCs at the catholics

13 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

why was Toal canned?

Basically there was a power struggle between him and Fr. Heuser. Others can join in and elaborate but probably will not do so. But this was not a "it just happenned" deal. This has gone on a few years plus. I was told of this not so pretty relationship probably 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, aZjimbo said:

Basically there was a power struggle between him and Fr. Heuser. Others can join in and elaborate but probably will not do so. But this was not a "it just happenned" deal. This has gone on a few years plus. I was told of this not so pretty relationship probably 3 years ago. 

Ahhh, ok then....have no idea who Fr. Heuser is, but he must be somewhat important.

Probably one of your most informative posts to date though.

Thanks...

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Bruce"The Stache" Rollinson vs Greg"The Steak" Toal....

This is why we don't play OOS.  The entire state of NJ HS Football establishment is ganging up on the Three Stripes.  Our usual pre league opponents like La Mirada have much more integrity than these recruited up OOS teams.

That's OK, Bob Johnson punched Toal in the mouth and is sharing the game films with me.  I will also be visiting coach Sanchez in the pen for more help.

Bring it on Joey's

stache7.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Stache said:

This is why we don't play OOS.  The entire state of NJ HS Football establishment is ganging up on the Three Stripes.  Our usual pre league opponents like La Mirada have much more integrity than these recruited up OOS teams.

That's OK, Bob Johnson knows how to beat Toal and is sharing the game films with me.  I will also be visiting coach Sanchez in the pen for more help.

Aint that the pot calling the kettle black?

19 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

SJR! You may be correct..

No one makes a big deal out of coaches forming super staffs? Only kids have to sit huh? I hate the double standard. Coaches and children want the same thing; opportunity. So why are kids penalize and coaches congratulated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

Will be interesting to see if he tries to poach/recruit any DBP players.  We all know his public stance on BNU coaches who poach from other BNU schools

Already has. Can't say how much he has to do with it but Bergen has a wish list.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

So youre saying he might very well be full of crap ;)

I'm giving you third party info, but I feel like it may be valid because I was told of all that's happening a long time ago. Only problem is the archdiocese sent an email to all the school presidents suggesting they not accept any transfers until after the transfer deadline line so that would maybe discourage player from transferring because after the dead line the kids have to sit 30 days. Seniors prob won't risk that.

52 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I'm giving you third party info, but I feel like it may be valid because I was told of all that's happening a long time ago. Only problem is the archdiocese sent an email to all the school presidents suggesting they not accept any transfers until after the transfer deadline line so that would maybe discourage player from transferring because after the dead line the kids have to sit 30 days. Seniors prob won't risk that.

Good to see the the archdiocese come to the aid of "Father screw football."