BigGaffneyIndian picks Gaffney

11 hours ago, BigGaffneyIndian said:

But a simple Question I sure You can Answer 

How many time has Dutch Fork beat Gaffney?

How many times has Gaffney beat Dutch Fork?

If you don't know .. You know I dont mind telling you

BigGaffneyIndian knows how MANY TIMES Gaffney has BEAT Dutch Fork.

Once.... seven years ago..... get over it please 

• Haha 1

First off, what a great facility at Gaffney. Absolutely perfect high school football environment. The fans on the visitors side were tailgating and feeding every Mallard Creek fan that stopped by. Huge smokers with ribs, brisket, and sausages. The Gaffney fans are certainly passionate and they turnout. 

As far as the game the first half goes as most big game goes for the Creek. Talented opposing teams come out jacked up and play their hearts out. Effort and emotion keep the game close early. Mallard Creek’s strength is in their fitness and depth. They will grind you down and keep pounding. This showed in the third quarter as played an almost perfect quarter of football. Offensively and defensively they jumped out to a 14 point lead and were looking to open it up further. Gaffney makes a great special teams play to return a kick down to the 15 and then punch it in. That’s as close as they got as the MC defense was lights out in the second half. 

I won’t dwell on the officiating but we got a very healthy dose of South Carolina officiating. We experienced  it at Dillon and Byrnes and the Gaffney refs didn’t take a back seat to those other two. I suppose it is to be expected but it still sucks when the refs begin to legislate competition via the flag. 

All in all, a great night. Hope we are able to return one day. It’s what football is all about. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1