California people...Hawkins HS

954gator

They have been plagued with offseason issues. Violating transfer rules, etc but the new rules that are being passed might make it easier on them. I've called it for awhile but given the location and talent Hawkins can attract year in and out, they could mirror BTW and Miami Central a lot. They have been playing SJB and Mater Dei in freshman/JV and have been competitive. I expect in a couple of years they will have epic wars with Bosco and Mater Dei. Definitely a sleeper team in Cali. 

• Like 1

city section team that was denied entry into the playoffs two years ago because of transfer violations.Last season a meeting was held on them after the first playoff game to determine if they were going to get kicked out again but they survived.they were upset in the Dll championship game last year.Lots of talent but I think their coaching is lacking

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Griff said:

Hawkins HS is done.  Coaches bolted.  Look for St. Anthony's in LB to make a rise soon.

Did the Hawkins coaches go to St. Anthony's? You would think that if St. Anthony's made a real commitment to football and got some financial backing that they are in a good position to do well. It is a good option for kids that would instead go to Poly, Los Alamitos, Lakewood, Carson, etc. Bosco, and MD to a lesser extent, have players from that area also.

15 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Did the Hawkins coaches go to St. Anthony's? You would think that if St. Anthony's made a real commitment to football and got some financial backing that they are in a good position to do well. It is a good option for kids that would instead go to Poly, Los Alamitos, Lakewood, Carson, etc. Bosco, and MD to a lesser extent, have players from that area also.

Yes, that's where they went. I agree with you, it could change things up in the Long Beach area. St. Anthony's went 13-3 last year, won Div 10 title and lost in the Division 4 State final. They have good coaching now they will get the talent to go with it.