ESPN 2 Thursday @ 8:00 EST: Brentwood Academy vs. Knoxville Catholic

BigDrop

4 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

KC has the talent to compete, but has always choked. They are certainly capable of pulling an upset like this. Maybe last year’s 40-3 beat down (as well as 50-14 the year prior) from BA fired them up this year. McCallie has the lead in DII-AAA right now, but even they are shaky. 

I thought the Tennessee and Clemson commits on the Knoxville Catholic OL were impressive....they were mashing people in the 2nd half.

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

KC has the talent to compete, but has always choked.

It's not choking.

They have no defense. Mainly because all that talent you think they have is on the offensive line and a few skill positions.

They ran a fake punt in the first quarter and went for just about every 4th down and still would've lost if the Brentwood QB wasn't so erratic and inaccurate.

• Thumbs Down 2

12 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

KC has the talent to compete, but has always choked. They are certainly capable of pulling an upset like this. Maybe last year’s 40-3 beat down (as well as 50-14 the year prior) from BA fired them up this year. McCallie has the lead in DII-AAA right now, but even they are shaky. 

I watched Whitehaven vs BA and I though BA was fortunate to come out with that win.   Thought WH with a few adjustments had the guys to make it ugly against em.   I wish they’d have more 6A top teams play the Privates.   I think 6A would get more wins than the rankings might suggest.

25 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I watched Whitehaven vs BA and I though BA was fortunate to come out with that win.   Thought WH with a few adjustments had the guys to make it ugly against em.   I wish they’d have more 6A top teams play the Privates.   I think 6A would get more wins than the rankings might suggest.

McCallie also beat BA this year as well, 28-23. They also crushed KC 56-19. Maybe they are the team to beat this year for the privates? In years past, though, you never knew which McCallie team would show up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

McCallie also beat BA this year as well, 28-23. They also crushed KC 56-19. Maybe they are the team to beat this year for the privates? In years past, though, you never knew which McCallie team would show up. 

Oh for sure looks like McCallie is the private to watch out for.    How do you think a team like Maryville would stack up this year?   

11 hours ago, 954gator said:

Oh for sure looks like McCallie is the private to watch out for.    How do you think a team like Maryville would stack up this year?   

McCallie beat their crosstown private rival Baylor tonight, 35-28 (Baylor was undefeated). Maryville is one of a handful of publics that could hang with the privates on any weekend. Whitehaven already took BA to the brink and, probably, should've won that game. Oakland would be the other public power that would be more competitive with them. So would Alcoa most years. 

Don't completely count out BA just yet. These privates will all have to play eachother again in the playoffs. It's always tough to beat a team twice. Plus, I think losing to KC was a complete fluke. Shit happens happens sometimes. 

• Like 1