Ohio Week 6 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

Hoban (4-1) @ Benedictine (5-0) - Hoban 35 Benedictine 21

Hoban had an impressive 30-0 win against SVSM last week. SVSM is good and has only lost twice this year: 30-0 to Hoban and 44-14 to Massillon. Really makes a probable Regional playoff Showdown between Hoban and Massillon very exciting.

Benedictine has snuck under the radar so far, but they are undefeated and two weeks ago beat Cathedral Prep PA by 3 scores! In comparison, Eds only beat Cathedral by 1 score, although weather was the main reason for that. It at least puts Benedictine on the radar.

I haven't seen Benedictine at all this year. They definitely seem to be improved over the last few years. This will be a good game to let us know where both teams are at. I think Hoban will win this game, but wouldn't be surprised to see Benedictine keep it close.

St. Xavier (5-0) vs. Elder (4-1) - Elder 31 St. X 28

St. X took on GCL rival Moeller last week. Moe returned the opening kickoff for a TD, and hit 2 homerun passes for TD's. St. X settled in and ended up beating Moe 27-24. Besides those 3 big plays, Moe didn't do much on offense. X's run game still hasn't developed much. 

Elder had an easy 49-6 over Ryle KY last week. TE Phenom Joe Royer had 161 yds and 4 TD's. Royer has basically been uncoverable all season. Reminding me a lot of Kyle Rudolph back in the day.

This is a really tough game to call. Both Defenses are vulnerable the pass. Elder also struggles against the run game, especially against speed, but X doesn't have an effective run game to really take advantage of this. Both teams are very good passing teams, and Elder has a nice run game with QB draws and RB's running behind Elder's massive OLine. Elder has dominated the LOS in all games except against Eds (whom also has exceptional Line play.) Even against Eds, Elder's OLine still did pretty good.....I see Elder winning the LOS in this game, and I think that will be the difference. It should be a close game, and if Lang and Clifford have monster games for X, I can definitely see X taking this one. 

Winton Woods (4-1) @ Christian Brothers MO (4-1) - Winton Woods 31 Christian Brothers 24

WW lost to Eds 51-31 last week. The WW defense had trouble stopping Formani. Also Miyan Williams went out with injury in the first half, which was a huge blow to WW. WW still has penty of talent, but Williams is one of the (IMO thee) best RB's in Ohio, and most of their offense centered on him. More than any injury though, WW's biggest detriment is their Coaching and discipline. We've seen it many times over the last couple years....WW coaching staff just don't make neccessary adjustments throughout the game, and dumb plays really hamper their ability to make defensive stands or continue offensive drives. They can get by on atleticism to a point, but hurt themselves too much.

Christian Brothers is a good team, but they've been blown out already by De Smet Jesuit MO. I don't know a whole lot about Christian Brothers this year, and have been too busy to look them up. 

A big factor in this game will be if Miyan Williams plays or not. Even if he does play he won't be 100%. I'm not sure what to expect in this one. I'll pick Winton Woods in a close one, but it could be just as easily Christian Brothers coming out with the W. 

St. Ignatius (2-3) vs. Rockledge FL (5-0) - Rockledge 35 Iggy 28

Iggy lost to Clarkson North ON last week. It was an embarrassing loss for the program, but at the same time, Clarkson North isn't your average Canadian team. They are a Canadian All star team and have a decent amount of D1 talent. Their offense is pretty solid. Iggy had their 3 best Defenders out for the game, and it certainly affected an already weak D. Iggy's offense has been solid most of the year besides the DeMatha game. 

Rockledge is 5-0 and best wins are over Viera and Ware County GA. I really know nothing about them, and would like to hear more about them from our FL members.

I have no idea how this one will go. If Iggy's Defenders are still out, I'll take Rockledge. I just don't know enough about Rockledge. Since Iggy usually always shit the bed against OOS teams, I'll go with Rockledge either way.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Hoban (4-1) @ Benedictine (5-0) - Hoban 35 Benedictine 21

Hoban had an impressive 30-0 win against SVSM last week. SVSM is good and has only lost twice this year: 30-0 to Hoban and 44-14 to Massillon. Really makes a probable Regional playoff Showdown between Hoban and Massillon very exciting.

Benedictine has snuck under the radar so far, but they are undefeated and two weeks ago beat Cathedral Prep PA by 3 scores! In comparison, Eds only beat Cathedral by 1 score, although weather was the main reason for that. It at least puts Benedictine on the radar.

I haven't seen Benedictine at all this year. They definitely seem to be improved over the last few years. This will be a good game to let us know where both teams are at. I think Hoban will win this game, but wouldn't be surprised to see Benedictine keep it close.

St. Xavier (5-0) vs. Elder (4-1) - Elder 31 St. X 28

St. X took on GCL rival Moeller last week. Moe returned the opening kickoff for a TD, and hit 2 homerun passes for TD's. St. X settled in and ended up beating Moe 27-24. Besides those 3 big plays, Moe didn't do much on offense. X's run game still hasn't developed much. 

Elder had an easy 49-6 over Ryle KY last week. TE Phenom Joe Royer had 161 yds and 4 TD's. Royer has basically been uncoverable all season. Reminding me a lot of Kyle Rudolph back in the day.

This is a really tough game to call. Both Defenses are vulnerable the pass. Elder also struggles against the run game, especially against speed, but X doesn't have an effective run game to really take advantage of this. Both teams are very good passing teams, and Elder has a nice run game with QB draws and RB's running behind Elder's massive OLine. Elder has dominated the LOS in all games except against Eds (whom also has exceptional Line play.) Even against Eds, Elder's OLine still did pretty good.....I see Elder winning the LOS in this game, and I think that will be the difference. It should be a close game, and if Lang and Clifford have monster games for X, I can definitely see X taking this one. 

Winton Woods (4-1) @ Christian Brothers MO (4-1) - Winton Woods 31 Christian Brothers 24

WW lost to Eds 51-31 last week. The WW defense had trouble stopping Formani. Also Miyan Williams went out with injury in the first half, which was a huge blow to WW. WW still has penty of talent, but Williams is one of the (IMO thee) best RB's in Ohio, and most of their offense centered on him. More than any injury though, WW's biggest detriment is their Coaching and discipline. We've seen it many times over the last couple years....WW coaching staff just don't make neccessary adjustments throughout the game, and dumb plays really hamper their ability to make defensive stands or continue offensive drives. They can get by on atleticism to a point, but hurt themselves too much.

Christian Brothers is a good team, but they've been blown out already by De Smet Jesuit MO. I don't know a whole lot about Christian Brothers this year, and have been too busy to look them up. 

A big factor in this game will be if Miyan Williams plays or not. Even if he does play he won't be 100%. I'm not sure what to expect in this one. I'll pick Winton Woods in a close one, but it could be just as easily Christian Brothers coming out with the W. 

St. Ignatius (2-3) vs. Rockledge FL (5-0) - Rockledge 35 Iggy 28

Iggy lost to Clarkson North ON last week. It was an embarrassing loss for the program, but at the same time, Clarkson North isn't your average Canadian team. They are a Canadian All star team and have a decent amount of D1 talent. Their offense is pretty solid. Iggy had their 3 best Defenders out for the game, and it certainly affected an already weak D. Iggy's offense has been solid most of the year besides the DeMatha game. 

Rockledge is 5-0 and best wins are over Viera and Ware County GA. I really know nothing about them, and would like to hear more about them from our FL members.

I have no idea how this one will go. If Iggy's Defenders are still out, I'll take Rockledge. I just don't know enough about Rockledge. Since Iggy usually always shit the bed against OOS teams, I'll go with Rockledge either way.

I have Hoban, X and WW

no idea who Rockledge is but see it’s a 50/50 here and on Cleve.com 

if Iggy’s D backs play I think they will wear them down based on their depth