Ohio Week 6 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

7 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

St. Xavier (5-0) vs. Elder (4-1) - Elder 31 St. X 28

St. X took on GCL rival Moeller last week. Moe returned the opening kickoff for a TD, and hit 2 homerun passes for TD's. St. X settled in and ended up beating Moe 27-24. Besides those 3 big plays, Moe didn't do much on offense. X's run game still hasn't developed much. 

Elder had an easy 49-6 over Ryle KY last week. TE Phenom Joe Royer had 161 yds and 4 TD's. Royer has basically been uncoverable all season. Reminding me a lot of Kyle Rudolph back in the day.

This is a really tough game to call. Both Defenses are vulnerable the pass. Elder also struggles against the run game, especially against speed, but X doesn't have an effective run game to really take advantage of this. Both teams are very good passing teams, and Elder has a nice run game with QB draws and RB's running behind Elder's massive OLine. Elder has dominated the LOS in all games except against Eds (whom also has exceptional Line play.) Even against Eds, Elder's OLine still did pretty good.....I see Elder winning the LOS in this game, and I think that will be the difference. It should be a close game, and if Lang and Clifford have monster games for X, I can definitely see X taking this one. 

RLoNiq.gif

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Miyan Williams carted off the field in the first half. 

Hope he's alright. Stupid to play him IMO.

Saw that he was out as well as Miquan Grace. Regardless, they are just not coached well enough to beat these types of programs. A down Moeller or Elder team on occasion, sure. But not when those teams are good. Shame with all the talent they have. They may be borderline to qualify for the playoffs with Elder and LaSalle still to go.