Ohio Week 6 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Great rebound win for the Wildcats off of last week’s upset. 

Will certainly help them in the playoff chase. Florida guys will have to tell us about Rockledge, but they looked bad. And is that their entire roster? They had like 26 kids. 

Rockledge had nine starters out the game before due to suspension or injury.  Not sure how many came back for the Ohio game. 

I think the margin of victory is pretty surprising.  I just thought rockledge was favored due to the results of Iggy the last couple weeks. 

Just a terrible year for football in Florida.  You know it’s bad when a 53-0 win over a back to back Louisiana state champion is all you have to hang your hat on 😂

Yet another undefeated Top 10 Florida team gets crushed and embarrassed...... and Big Loser W/nothing brings up Louisiana...

I guess Florida feels as good as Louisiana about beating the a back to back Louisiana state champion this year.......how hard was it?

What a fucking loser Big Loser W/nothing is...

Florida is probably the most overrated power state of the 3........they suck this year.

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What a fuckin Loser!

CYA, Big Loser W/Nothing..

Try again next year.

If Florida teams played Sister-Banger, Mississippi and North Carolina school for the old and disabled, then we can brag about wins too. 

I guess we have to settle for deer jerky obliterating the Zach attack 

26 minutes ago, OhioFootball said:

I know I’m new here but I do have to ask why we judge an entire state by one team’s OOS result? A state’s top team can loss but the whole state be much deeper than the opponent’s. Especially with travel involved with young people. 

LOL...you think that’s bad, wait until you see people daisy chain 5 games together to try and prove stuff. 

• Haha 1

Ohio Top 10 after week 6:

1. Mentor - decisive victory over league rival Solon; offense continues to pile up yards on the ground between Kipp, Trobel, and now the junior Riley Coughlin; defense has only given up 14 points over the last 3 weeks which is a good sign, but the game against Euclid in a few weeks will tell us whether that is fools gold or not

2. St. Edward - tune up game against Buchtel this week saw the Eagles jump out to a quick 21-0 lead and started to substitute liberally; should be well rested for the Holy War this week

3. Hoban - complete domination against a Benedictine team that looked like they might be capable of giving them a game; now only the showdown against Massillon stands in their way of another title appearance 

4. Elder - Luebbe went off against X, torching the Bombers on keepers, and I thought the Panther defense played pretty well; we'll see if they can continue to get better on that side of the ball

5. St. X - I'm going to give the Bombers the benefit of the doubt for now with some of the quality wins they have under their belt, but I was not very impressed with what I saw against Elder; definitely not the defense we've come to expect from that program, and the revamped offense looked terrible for 3 quarters against a mediocre at best Elder defense

6. Colerain - totally sold on their defense, but I don't know if this year's version of the Cards has the offensive firepower to hang with the elite offenses

7. Massillon - I contemplated putting them as high as 5 this week, but I just have too many questions about the competition; undoubtedly one of the most explosive offenses in the state; if they continue that against Gateway (PA), a solid Barberton team, and then in the finale against McKinley, then I will almost certainly have them top 5 at least

8. Ignatius - after falling out of the top ten last week, I'm putting them back in after a dominating victory against Rockledge (FL); might be an overreaction because Rockledge did not look good at all; I can't really believe that was a top 15 team in Florida; Gerace and McNamara returned on the defense providing a big boost; Hanna had time to throw and he sprayed it all over to Cmeil and Cook; when Hanna is not pressured, they can really move the football

9. La Salle - next four weeks will tell us a lot more about the Lancers than the first six weeks; their defense looks like it may be among the best in the state, but they haven't played an offense with a pulse yet

10. Fairfield - closer than expected win over Lakota East, not sure what the circumstances were there; measuring stick game against Princeton this week

Others: O-Lib, Euclid, Pick C, Sprinfield, Springboro, Dublin Coffman, TCC, Whitmer, Groveport Madison, Westerville Central 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

1. Mentor - decisive victory over league rival Solon; offense continues to pile up yards on the ground between Kipp, Trobel, and now the junior Riley Coughlin; defense has only given up 14 points over the last 3 weeks which is a good sign, but the game against Euclid in a few weeks will tell us whether that is fools gold or not

2. St. Edward - tune up game against Buchtel this week saw the Eagles jump out to a quick 21-0 lead and started to substitute liberally; should be well rested for the Holy War this week

3. Hoban - complete domination against a Benedictine team that looked like they might be capable of giving them a game; now only the showdown against Massillon stands in their way of another title appearance 

4. Elder - Luebbe went off against X, torching the Bombers on keepers, and I thought the Panther defense played pretty well; we'll see if they can continue to get better on that side of the ball

5. St. X - I'm going to give the Bombers the benefit of the doubt for now with some of the quality wins they have under their belt, but I was not very impressed with what I saw against Elder; definitely not the defense we've come to expect from that program, and the revamped offense looked terrible for 3 quarters against a mediocre at best Elder defense

6. Colerain - totally sold on their defense, but I don't know if this year's version of the Cards has the offensive firepower to hang with the elite offenses

7. Massillon - I contemplated putting them as high as 5 this week, but I just have too many questions about the competition; undoubtedly one of the most explosive offenses in the state; if they continue that against Gateway (PA), a solid Barberton team, and then in the finale against McKinley, then I will almost certainly have them top 5 at least

8. Ignatius - after falling out of the top ten last week, I'm putting them back in after a dominating victory against Rockledge (FL); might be an overreaction because Rockledge did not look good at all; I can't really believe that was a top 15 team in Florida; Gerace and McNamara returned on the defense providing a big boost; Hanna had time to throw and he sprayed it all over to Cmeil and Cook; when Hanna is not pressured, they can really move the football

9. La Salle - next four weeks will tell us a lot more about the Lancers than the first six weeks; their defense looks like it may be among the best in the state, but they haven't played an offense with a pulse yet

10. Fairfield - closer than expected win over Lakota East, not sure what the circumstances were there; measuring stick game against Princeton this week

Others: O-Lib, Euclid, Pick C, Sprinfield, Springboro, Dublin Coffman, TCC, Whitmer, Groveport Madison, Westerville Central 

Rockledge is not a top 40 team in Florida.  The list looks good though.

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

Will TCC have anything to say about it or will they choke like last year? Also, who does Hoban play for state, LaSalle or Winton Woods? 

9 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Will TCC have anything to say about it or will they choke like last year? Also, who does Hoban play for state, LaSalle or Winton Woods? 

I doubt it. TCC has good measuring stick game against Whitmer this week. 

DIvision 2 has 4 Regions....5,6,7,8. Region 5 has Hoban and Massillon. Region 6 has Avon and Benedictine. Region 7 has TCC. Region 8 has La Salle and Winton Woods.

The semifinals are supposed to have the geographically closest teams play each other. Massillon and Hoban were in different regions last year, but are the same this year. So the possibilities geographically are kinda up in the air.

18 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Don't think TCC will stand in Hoban's way (assuming they win against Massillon). If I had to guess right now, I'd say it's a Hoban/LaSalle final in D2. I noticed I forgot to include Winton Woods in my "others" category. I would still have them in that group, but it's looking like they may have a tough time qualifying for the playoffs unless they can secure a win over either Elder or LaSalle. With what I've seen from their coaching staff the past two weeks, I don't see that happening. 

23 hours ago, OdbCle said:

Completely agree with your rankings. I'd have the exact same.

Was actually glad to see Fairfield struggle a bit, because the vibe in Cincinnati is that Colerain will be underdogs in Week 10. Before this past week I would have had Colerain as the underdogs. Now I see it as a toss up. 

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Completely agree with your rankings. I'd have the exact same.

Was actually glad to see Fairfield struggle a bit, because the vibe in Cincinnati is that Colerain will be underdogs in Week 10. Before this past week I would have had Colerain as the underdogs. Now I see it as a toss up. 

Here is the deal.  Until someone from the GMC beats Colerain..... they are still on Top.  Glad the game is week 10, because by the following week (first week of playoffs) we'll look back and say the week 10 game just helped determine the seedings.  Should be some really good playoff football in SW Ohio.