DeMatha 30 Good Counsel 17

BigDrop

38 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

For me the question is, can Malakai Anthony oversee an offense that will allow DM to beat SJC and GZ?

This is a guess, but I think the staff will leave Anthony in if the game is controlled on the ground like tonight’s game against GC. If it turns into a shoot out like the GZ game, Edge will come in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

For me the question is, can Malakai Anthony oversee an offense that will allow DM to beat SJC and GZ?

If they can run for over three hundred yards then yes...and he is a part of the run game...if they are forced to throw a lot then Edge gets the call. Remember that Edge is still a freshman...McGregor knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

DeMatha offensive line was impressive today. Jordan White really handled the kid who’s going to Michigan. I understand that the edge kid is a freshman, but Caleb started as a freshman also. The stags need to find a way to incorporate Edge in the offense. You can tell that GC prepared for him... DeMatha defense is really good 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SFA is probably the most fearsome team I have ever seen take the field

And if they can somehow navigate the brutal schedule they have left (Clarkson Football North, Life Christian Academy and Royalty Institute) they may move up in the national rankings. I can hear them now..."we're #2, we're #2"...lol.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Braveheart said:

DeMatha offensive line was impressive today. Jordan White really handled the kid who’s going to Michigan. I understand that the edge kid is a freshman, but Caleb started as a freshman also. The stags need to find a way to incorporate Edge in the offense. You can tell that GC prepared for him... DeMatha defense is really good 

Alot of Big Butts on some of those DeMatha players.  They would be tough for most High Schools to deal with.  I still think DeMatha is a Top 20 team

• Like 1

Anthony had a terrible game against GZ, continually missing or not even seeing downfield receivers.  Freshman Cameron Edge (who already has a national reputation) came in and on the two last drives of the game threw a 50 yard (mostly in the air) td pass and then on the next series, moved DM more than half of the field again to score with time running out.  A phenomenal performance.  Against Gonzaga! Had DM not missed an extra point the game would have been tied and sent into overtime.

Because of Edge’s two late td drives

What more does he have to do?  I was truly shocked that he did not start.  As noted GC certainly expected him.  The game announcers as I noted above expected him to play.  A one dimensional DM offense is not going to beat SJC next Saturday afternoon.  Or, if DM is lucky enough to play Gonzaga again.

Cameron Edge and Marshawn Lloyd in the same backfield is extraordinarily exciting.

I must also add this:  I expect both SFA and IMG to go after Cameron Edge for next year.  I believe he must believe that Bill gave him the full opportunity before he tells them no.  After his performance against GZ if he remains the backup it would seem that he would give them an ear.

Didn’t Bruce Rollinson trust J. T. Daniels to start at MD as a freshman?  McGregor must start Edge against SJC.

15 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

You need to acknowledge DeMatha’s OL. They are very talented. It’s not all Lloyd. He’s an unbelievable talent, but he’s not having this year without that OL. 

I’m with you though, I’d like to see Edge come in on a few more passing downs. 

DeMatha has an absolutely outstanding offensive line.  On those two drives and on the long drive near the end of the SJB game when Edge came in he was given the time he needed to read receivers.

5 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Anthony had a terrible game against GZ, continually missing or not even seeing downfield receivers.  Freshman Cameron Edge (who already has a national reputation) came in and on the two last drives of the game threw a 50 yard (mostly in the air) td pass and then on the next series, moved DM more than half of the field again to score with time running out.  A phenomenal performance.  Against Gonzaga! Had DM not missed an extra point the game would have been tied and sent into overtime.

Because of Edge’s two late td drives

What more does he have to do?  I was truly shocked that he did not start.  As noted GC certainly expected him.  The game announcers as I noted above expected him to play.  A one dimensional DM offense is not going to beat SJC next Saturday afternoon.  Or, if DM is lucky enough to play Gonzaga again.

Cameron Edge and Marshawn Lloyd in the same backfield is extraordinarily exciting.

I’m not sure why they didn’t play the young kid. But have you ever considered maybe the kid didn’t perform well at practice. I don’t know but that’s all I can come up with...Also if you been watching WCAC SJC defense can not stop the run I don’t think Dm will have any problems next week... 

Doesn’t SFA have a soph an with offers, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Correct. Offers from LSU and Michigan, among others. They don’t need Edge. 

Somebody will next year if DM doesn’t give him the starting opportunity.  Should I point out:  Malakai Anthony is a transfer, both of last year’s backup DM qb’s transferred out this year.  That’s three transfer qb’s in ONE year.

I think Bill is risking a lot by not starting the frosh.

I’ve followed DM since the early 1960’s and there’s never been a year when three qb’s transferred in and out.

2 hours ago, Braveheart said:

I’m not sure why they didn’t play the young kid. But have you ever considered maybe the kid didn’t perform well at practice. I don’t know but that’s all I can come up with...Also if you been watching WCAC SJC defense can not stop the run I don’t think Dm will have any problems next week... 

Doesn’t SFA have a soph an with offers, 

I don’t care about practice but when the transfer Anthony couldn’t find an open receiver Cameron Edge led DM on a long drive against SJB and the last two drives against GZ-with time running out!

To hell with practice:  he has eminently performed. DeMatha is not going to win the WCAC this year without him.  There is a limit on how much Lloyd can do on his own.

By the way how much talent at WR do you think will stick around if Cameron leaves this winter?  Right now, other than Lloyd, few of them even had passes thrown to them in the GZ or GC games.

Sorry but I am not a fan of one dimensional offenses when there is extraordinary talent like this wasting time on a bench.

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

Somebody will next year if DM doesn’t give him the starting opportunity.  Should I point out:  Malakai Anthony is a transfer, both of last year’s backup DM qb’s transferred out this year.  That’s three transfer qb’s in ONE year.

I think Bill is risking a lot by not starting the frosh.

I’ve followed DM since the early 1960’s and there’s never been a year when three qb’s transferred in and out.

I hear you but neither one of those QBs were going to play. Cam is a great talent, but let’s not act like they can’t recruit. They won’t lose Cam. They will find a way to get him on the field.

• Like 1