Early GHSA playoff discussion

ATLien12x

Let’s talk about it. It almost seems to me that Colquitt’s path is easier as the two seed. They have an overrated Parkview as the No. 1 in their quadrant. They can get to the final four avoiding Grayson, Lowndes, McEachern, and North Gwinnett. Essentially, the way I see it, if you beat Archer and Marietta you’re in the state championship 

40040D4C-256C-456F-AA09-AA8A425ECEAC.png

If all goes well, Colquitt SHOULD make it to the title game. Now here's where they'll meet some resistance: Archer. For some reason, Archer always gives Colquitt fits......major fits whenever they play. I'm not sure if Rogers knows what he's gonna be dealing with in the 7A playoffs. This is a whole different type of monster. 

I'm confident that the 7A champ will come from Region 1 tho. 

• Thanks 1

I do agree Archer is the team that’ll give Colquitt fits because of their physicality they go to war in the trenches against each other. They for whatever reason (certainly less less talent) in my eyes still match up better against Colquitt than Marietta does. That said I fancy the Packers to get to Atlanta 

I think it’ll be a really fun 7A bracket 

• Like 2

Just now, ATLien12x said:

I do agree Archer is the team that’ll give Colquitt fits because of their physicality they go to war in the trenches against each other. They for whatever reason (certainly less less talent) in my eyes still match up better against Colquitt than Marietta does. That said I fancy the Packers to get to Atlanta 

I think it’ll be a really fun 7A bracket 

Don't know why, but I have a gut feeling that Marietta is gonna come alive in the playoffs....meaning the drops will decrease on Arik Gilbert's behalf. If you look at two of biggest games this year (SJP and McEachern), they seemed to have played much better on defense, so I think that'll benefit them once the playoffs start. They just have to get enough stops on defense......particularly in the run game. 

I do think the title run looks easier for Colquitt. 

Maybe in some strange way, losing tonight was a blessing for the team. 

Gotta hope Jaycee is healed up near 100 percent in two weeks. He's a gamer and a tough kid, but, he took a nice beating tonight. I think Tay Tay maybe went out for protocol, which is likely a 10 day out. He would be back in time most likely. Walker took a helmet to helmet hit late in the game as well, so, it's possible he could be on protocol. Looked nasty.  Other than that, I think we came away pretty fair on the injury front. Plenty of bruises and some other normal wear and tear stuff. 

No matter whether this is the bracket  run we wanted, it's the bracket run we've got. Ready or not, here we come. 

• Like 1