The Saturday Aftermath Of A Season Ending Too Soon

HawgGoneIt

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

If we're laying it all out...I'll say this.  Parkview won.  They beat us terribly in the 2nd half.  I said on the night of the game...they deserved the win.  But...I didn't think the Panthers were "all that and a bag of chips".  We won the first half.  But they won the halftime adjustments AND the last half.  our coaches did not get the job done.  Parkview grabbed the momentum and held on to it.  I'm not sure how much you read this board...but I NEVER said nor implied that we'd fill the stands.  I believe I guessed we might have around 1,500 there.  I don't think we quite achieved that.  

Fred...you are putting too much stock into what you read on the GA boards.  BUT...I do wanna be clear on one point....OF COURSE... I fully expected us to win.  As long as I have been around football...I would NEVER think differently when my team was playing.  If you don't expect to win...you've already lost.

Parkview could win it all.  They could.  But I would put my pesos on North Gwinnett or Lowndes at this point.  I'd give North a slight edge because I think the Osby kid is still out for the Vikings.  And the crux is...as long as Lowndes wins...they continue to play in that god forsaken Concrete Spittoon off I-75.  Say what you want...but they don't lose often there.

I don't really care one way or the other about Gwinnett County.  I ain't lost nothing up there...and the only reason I'd ever head that way would be for football.  You guys don't let Lowndes beat on you too bad.  Hope to see you next year.

Rufus>>

Still think its crazy that Georgia teams get home games throughout the playoffs

20 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

They flip a coin for same seeded teams.  But 1 seeds always play at home when lining up against lower seeds.  Lowndes is a 1 seed AND they won the toss.

Home until the Final at Georgia State.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

Crazy.....no neutral sites?

The only "supposed" neutral site is the Final.   It used to be played in the Benz in Atlanta...but it's been moved to Georgia State in Atlanta.  If you wanna call that neutral.  It's kinda like the SEC Championship in the Benz with the Dawgs playing from the East.

Rufus>>

13 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Crazy.....no neutral sites?

It's not crazy. It's a reward for winning your region. It makes region play worth something. 

Granted there are some weak regions that have one tallest midget that get some home games too, but, they usually get knocked out by rd 3. 

I actually like the rewarding for winning your region though. 

7 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The only "supposed" neutral site is the Final.   It used to be played in the Benz in Atlanta...but it's been moved to Georgia State in Atlanta.  If you wanna call that neutral.  It's kinda like the SEC Championship in the Benz with the Dawgs playing from the East.

Rufus>>

I like how you say "supposed" in quotes. 

Any game in the Atlanta metro area is not a neutral site for south Georgia teams. If the really want a neutral site they'd come to Mercer so everyone has mostly equal travel except for maybe Warner Robins or Houston County. Maybe Jones County makes the final some time now too. 

46 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's not crazy. It's a reward for winning your region. It makes region play worth something. 

Granted there are some weak regions that have one tallest midget that get some home games too, but, they usually get knocked out by rd 3. 

I actually like the rewarding for winning your region though. 

I like the reward, but its too steep IMO. 

I like how Ohio does it. First round is at home. Everything after is neutral.

7 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I like the reward, but its too steep IMO. 

I like how Ohio does it. First round is at home. Everything after is neutral.

If you considered that Georgia's neutral site games are always in the Atlanta Metro, then, suddenly neutral isn't neutral. It's a 3-4 hour trip for a lot of the teams that are in the playoffs and a 30 minute trip for others. 

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

It is the luck of the draw and the flip of the coin.  I pretty okay with it although to be sure I would much rather Lowndes be coming to us instead of us going to them.  First 2 games if you win region are pretty much guaranteed at home assuming you win the first one.  The coin toss comes into effect if 2 like seeded teams match up.  We have been the beneficiary of the coin toss and the loser probably and equal number of times.  It is one of those things that just is.  I remember in 2010 sitting in the parking lot of the King Frog in Adele, GA on the way home from beating Valdosta in the quarterfinals and the anticipation of the flip with Colquitt.  We won the toss that night and the Packers came to us.  They won proving that just winning the coin toss doesn't guarantee anything.

At least in the largest class finding enough truly neutral sites with enough seating comes into play.  That may or may not be an issue in the smaller classes.  I just don't know.

I guess it is whatever you get used to.