Marietta

Ga96

Not a fan oh how you guys put together a team with players from many schools just to win a championship. Not a fan of any team that does it for that matter. It is what it is those boys are still Georgia  boys. I will be watching,supporting, and I expect you guys to win in blowout fashion.

• Haha 1

I don't get it...I really don't. Marietta was penalized last year and then some for the whole transfer fiasco. Fast forward to this season, they still managed to lose two games, so let's not act like they were some world beaters or whatnot. They won the championship this year, but would people like you have said anything if they woulda lost? I just don't get how people wanna act like teams had no chance to beat Marietta even with all the talent they had. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I don't get it...I really don't. Marietta was penalized last year and then some for the whole transfer fiasco. Fast forward to this season, they still managed to lose two games, so let's not act like they were some world beaters or whatnot. They won the championship this year, but would people like you have said anything if they woulda lost? I just don't get how people wanna act like teams had no chance to beat Marietta even with all the talent they had. 

Yes I would've and they still recruited more players this year.  If they would've lost my exact words would've been lowndes beat a recruited Marietta team. Its cheating no matter you choose to gloss over it. Last years punishment means nothing since the ghsa still allowed the players to play this year. They almost shut a school completely down for doing the same thing this year. Idc who the school is they should be punished. Players who a recruited should be suspended from playoff play until they graduate that way they can get what they claim they moved to the school for since its not supposed to be football reasons and they can still put film out for recruiters. 

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Those losses were more on the coach obviously. With all that talent to only put 17 on a lowndes team with a horrible secondary is not positive also getting shut down for an entire half. People were literally saying yall had the best qb to receiver combo in the country.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:02 PM, Ga96 said:

Yes I would've and they still recruited more players this year.  If they would've lost my exact words would've been lowndes beat a recruited Marietta team. Its cheating no matter you choose to gloss over it. Last years punishment means nothing since the ghsa still allowed the players to play this year. They almost shut a school completely down for doing the same thing this year. Idc who the school is they should be punished. Players who a recruited should be suspended from playoff play until they graduate that way they can get what they claim they moved to the school for since its not supposed to be football reasons and they can still put film out for recruiters. 

Sounds fair to me. It’s becoming the norm in high school sports. Tift County did this several years ago with recruiting two AAU players from a border county. 

On 12/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, Ga96 said:

Those losses were more on the coach obviously. With all that talent to only put 17 on a lowndes team with a horrible secondary is not positive also getting shut down for an entire half. People were literally saying yall had the best qb to receiver combo in the country.

Spin things much?  Way to try to make them look bad while making your team look good.  SMH.