Movies

Belly Bob

On 2/17/2020 at 8:00 PM, maxchoboian said:

[...]

One I really thought was good is The Two Popes. It's on Netflix. I very much enjoyed watching it. Twice.

I loved The Two Popes. It was surprisingly moving. I didn't expect that. I had to choke back tears a few times. If my wife wasn't with me and if I had had a few more cups of wine, I probably would've cried. 

Solid recommendation. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 2:05 AM, Troll said:

This one may be re-released in theatres as early as this weekend...according to the rumors...

might have to check it out again (easter eggs??).... as I barely remember it 🐸 😄

Conspiracy theorists think it's just some LARP dog whistle....(Which reminds me of the story of how the NFL GIANTS used that 'Gladiator' movie above as a 'team thingy' the year of their Superbowl run)...

If your lost, you can check out the thread I just started. 😏

I usually am.

21 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I loved The Two Popes. It was surprisingly moving. I didn't expect that. I had to choke back tears a few times. If my wife wasn't with me and if I had had a few more cups of wine, I probably would've cried. 

Solid recommendation. 

Same. My wife went to bed one night and I decided to watch the movie. I had episodes of being a little choked up, along with others where I found myself smiling at the conversation between the two of them (I think I had had those few more cups of wine you referenced). The next day I definitely recommended she watch it, so I was able to see it again. She really like it, too. Those two actors were great. And the story unveiled a very fallible side to extremely high-ranking religious men, like Popes. It is a feel-good movie, for sure.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 5:35 PM, maxchoboian said:

Same. My wife went to bed one night and I decided to watch the movie. I had episodes of being a little choked up, along with others where I found myself smiling at the conversation between the two of them (I think I had had those few more cups of wine you referenced). The next day I definitely recommended she watch it, so I was able to see it again. She really like it, too. Those two actors were great. And the story unveiled a very fallible side to extremely high-ranking religious men, like Popes. It is a feel-good movie, for sure.

I dug the charm and the humor, too. Some of it probably shouldn't have worked, but those guys are such good actors, they made the bits land. 

On 2/24/2020 at 5:38 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

Just saw a commercial for A Quiet Place 2.  First one was pretty cool. Great scene when the pregnant woman is in labor and she steps on a nail barefooted but can't say a word. The entire theater cringe out loud when that happen

I haven't watched the first one yet. My wife and I put it on the list, but we just haven't got around to it.