21st Century High school football - California Love

sausmann9

(something to listen to during the read, lol, got me some Snoop-quarantine cookies now, lol)

*****Kickoff this weekend taking us out west to our Left Coast friends in both northern and southern California.  Friday night taking us right to it!

Kickoff Friday 7pm EST. 

2000 De La Salle CA v Mater Dei CA - this is a #1 vs #7 for some serious Cali bragging rights.  too bad Grotagood wasn't a senior for this game.  

*****Saturday a very Southern Cali kind of day.  Back-to-back Poly seasons, can't beat the size and speed back then.  Not on a public school team at least.

Kickoff Saturday 5pm EST

2000 Long Beach Poly CA v Loyola CA (one hell of a game from Loyola against probably the 2nd best team in the country).  Jackrabbits in BEAST MODE!

Kickoff Saturday 9pm EST

2001 Long Beach Poly CA v Edison CA (week 4 match up for one specific reason, lol)  Great game by the way 🙂

*****Sunday is funday!

Kickoff Sunday sometime after noon - this is the Biggie!!!!  And is best of the weekend.

2001 De La Salle CA v Long Beach Poly CA - #1 vs #2 enough said, lol,   If DLS doesn't have the mentality they have coming into this game, they would have gotten beat.  love the momentum swings and the "shock n awe" look on Darnell Bing's face as MJD blew passed him on his final TD of the night.  9 future NFL players on the field for this game!

What say you Cali buddies!  I know a few of you were "close" to these games, lol.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

If you're rocking 2000-2001 you gotta watch this one too.   One of the bigger upsets at the time, but I think that Apopka team was just flat out good.   Think they had Brandon Meriweather at safety busting heads.  

we are just getting into the 2001 Florida season next weekend my friend, Lincoln style ;)  

and thanks for messing up my no high school football Mondays - Wednesdays again, lol.  I can hear the Monday Night Football theme already playing for this game.

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

If you're rocking 2000-2001 you gotta watch this one too.   One of the bigger upsets at the time, but I think that Apopka team was just flat out good.   Think they had Brandon Meriweather at safety busting heads.  

do you think STA or Lincoln could have beaten MNW or Apopka that season???  tx.

or should I ask it vice-versa; do you think MNW or Apopka could have beaten STA or Lincoln that season???  :)

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

Fumbleroooooski, lol.  

I couldn't wait until monday.

Smoke in the Doak!!!  This is a great game from Apopka!

That offense is deadly when run correctly!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

do you think STA or Lincoln could have beaten MNW or Apopka that season???  tx.

or should I ask it vice-versa; do you think MNW or Apopka could have beaten STA or Lincoln that season???  :)

That’s a good question.   Tough to say.   I think they would have been great games.   At the time I thought Lincoln was the best, but 6A especially the south bracket was a crazy grind back then.    So hard to win it all in that class before the expansion to 8A.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

That’s a good question.   Tough to say.   I think they would have been great games.   At the time I thought Lincoln was the best, but 6A especially the south bracket was a crazy grind back then.    So hard to win it all in that class before the expansion to 8A.

I remember how silky smooth Antonio Cromartie's stride was in that game.  SCARY kickoff returner he was!!!   Only FL state title game I got to see in person and it still ranks as a top 3 high school football game in my book.  STA v Lincoln 01 was an instant classic.  I think STA and Lincoln were better than both MNW and AHS.  

9 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

(something to listen to during the read, lol, got me some Snoop-quarantine cookies now, lol)

*****Kickoff this weekend taking us out west to our Left Coast friends in both northern and southern California.  Friday night taking us right to it!

Kickoff Friday 7pm EST. 

2000 De La Salle CA v Mater Dei CA - this is a #1 vs #7 for some serious Cali bragging rights.  too bad Grotagood wasn't a senior for this game.  

*****Saturday a very Southern Cali kind of day.  Back-to-back Poly seasons, can't beat the size and speed back then.  Not on a public school team at least.

Kickoff Saturday 5pm EST

2000 Long Beach Poly CA v Loyola CA (one hell of a game from Loyola against probably the 2nd best team in the country).  Jackrabbits in BEAST MODE!

Kickoff Saturday 9pm EST

2001 Long Beach Poly CA v Edison CA (week 4 match up for one specific reason, lol)  Great game by the way 🙂

*****Sunday is funday!

Kickoff Sunday sometime after noon - this is the Biggie!!!!  And is best of the weekend.

2001 De La Salle CA v Long Beach Poly CA - #1 vs #2 enough said, lol,   If DLS doesn't have the mentality they have coming into this game, they would have gotten beat.  love the momentum swings and the "shock n awe" look on Darnell Bing's face as MJD blew passed him on his final TD of the night.  9 future NFL players on the field for this game!

What say you Cali buddies!  I know a few of you were "close" to these games, lol.

LBP, Loyola and Edison just not the same programs as during the Jasso/Lara, Grady and White tenures.

• Like 1