Take down Churchill’s statue!

Bormio

4 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I question whether 2020 America possesses the attention span, discipline, resolve,  common facts and purpose it once had to take on something of the magnitude of WWII.  During WWII all American's sacrificed in support of the effort, including things like rationing of food and fuel etc..  Today it's too much to ask Americans to wear a mask to protect other vulnerable Americans.

Of course, I've also long argued that the current leadership isn't up to the task.  On the anniversary of D-Day, Project Lincoln released an ad that hit on points that have been made here (someday there's an interesting discussion to be had on Project Lincoln, a Republican Never Trump endeavor, and who their target audience is):

[...]

Eisenhower was an Antifa activist!  😉😷

This is propaganda, which you yourself know.

But it's refreshing to hear a leader ready to take responsibility, not just for the successes he presided over, but also for the failures.

And it's strange that people on this forum seem to have forgotten how many conservatives hated Trump's guts when he was running. My stepfather is a conservative and he hates Trump. But on our forum, to be critical of Trump is to be a liberal or a Democrat.

I guess everything looks like a nail when all you have is a hammer.

• Like 1