This might be the dumbest op ed ever written

HSFBfan

33 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Read it. It'll blow your mind how bad this article is 

I just did. While I think Mr. Camp oversimplifies what could be done, I agree with the essence of what he says. You see, how you view his op-ed depends on your politics. You are right wing and I am a leftist. So, by default, you and I see the article differently. 

Just by the title alone its a great idea but you are asking the greedy and rich to have hearts. There are a lot of other steps that need to be taken. Billionaires and Trillionaires shouldn't exist in a economy that's ran properly. Once you get the billions that means you have a stretch in the wrong ways for the economy which is why you always hear that there is almost no middle class left in america. I could go on for days on this topic so ill stop right here.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

I just did. While I think Mr. Camp oversimplifies what could be done, I agree with the essence of what he says. You see, how you view his op-ed depends on your politics. You are right wing and I am a leftist. So, by default, you and I see the article differently. 

For one to say anything anything is a human right makes no sense. We have our bill of rights those are your rights in this country. I dont know where this human right thing came from

Also he says for every homeless we have 3 houses available for them. Ill take that at face value. How would they pay for said houses. Im sure the bank would like a cut you know in form of a mortgage. And the town/municipality/city would like its cut in terms of taxes. He bring up the 2008 recession but doesn't state that it was due to people being given mortgages that they couldn't pay 

He also states that if your 25 you should have an apartment basically given to you...where is this written? 

The only thing he has right bur he sounds very whiny when he says it is that the system isn't fair and doesn't reward those who work the hardest. Hate to tell him its never rewarded those that work the hardest in a sense that your not going to make a million dollars potentially but it will reward you with a house a car etc. A house in america and land has always been extremely important and was and still is a sign of wealth. 

The system has rewarded people for coming up with great ideas to sell for big money. For example Mark Cuban sold his company which was basically the original version of play by play radio when he was in college. Or mark Zuckerberg coming up with Facebook at his time at Harvard. 

The system even though not fair in his sense of the word is exactly how the system should be. You have the upper the middle the bottom. Always has been. Always will be. To bring the bottom up closer to the middle without doing what the middle does is not fair to the middle and only squeezes the middle class more 

America isn't about heart. Its about the money and the stomping on people head to get it. 

I'll leave u with this. Some people work 3 jobs. Is this selfish? Your potentially taking 2 jobs away from other. But if u need 3 jobs to live than you have to do whats good for you

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

For one to say anything anything is a human right makes no sense. We have our bill of rights those are your rights in this country. I dont know where this human right thing came from

Also he says for every homeless we have 3 houses available for them. Ill take that at face value. How would they pay for said houses. Im sure the bank would like a cut you know in form of a mortgage. And the town/municipality/city would like its cut in terms of taxes. He bring up the 2008 recession but doesn't state that it was due to people being given mortgages that they couldn't pay 

He also states that if your 25 you should have an apartment basically given to you...where is this written? 

The only thing he has right bur he sounds very whiny when he says it is that the system isn't fair and doesn't reward those who work the hardest. Hate to tell him its never rewarded those that work the hardest in a sense that your not going to make a million dollars potentially but it will reward you with a house a car etc. A house in america and land has always been extremely important and was and still is a sign of wealth. 

The system has rewarded people for coming up with great ideas to sell for big money. For example Mark Cuban sold his company which was basically the original version of play by play radio when he was in college. Or mark Zuckerberg coming up with Facebook at his time at Harvard. 

The system even though not fair in his sense of the word is exactly how the system should be. You have the upper the middle the bottom. Always has been. Always will be. To bring the bottom up closer to the middle without doing what the middle does is not fair to the middle and only squeezes the middle class more 

America isn't about heart. Its about the money and the stomping on people head to get it. 

I'll leave u with this. Some people work 3 jobs. Is this selfish? Your potentially taking 2 jobs away from other. But if u need 3 jobs to live than you have to do whats good for you

If that's your view of America, then it's a sick country destined for the dustbin of history. I will leave it at that. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

If that's your view of America, then it's a sick country destined for the dustbin of history. I will leave it at that. 

Thats always been america

We are not a communal society. We are an individual based society were i have to stand out in order to get mine. 

We don't better ourselves in terms of education and work experience for society but to make sure we do what we need to do to survive. 

Now your side the left is trying to make it communal where the government takes care of everyone and rob the rich to give to the poor like a modern day robinhood. 

The rich made their money and they will get richer. That's America. They did what they did in order to get there. 

Should be applauded not crapped on

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Thats always been america

We are not a communal society. We are an individual based society were i have to stand out in order to get mine. 

We don't better ourselves in terms of education and work experience for society but to make sure we do what we need to do to survive. 

Now your side the left is trying to make it communal where the government takes care of everyone and rob the rich to give to the poor like a modern day robinhood. 

The rich made their money and they will get richer. That's America. They did what they did in order to get there. 

Should be applauded not crapped on

I will happily continue to crap on them. A country cannot survive in an environment where it's every man, woman and child for himself/herself. In such a society there can be no trust as we will all be looking to screw each other. By applauding this kind of behavior you are signalling the end of the United States of America as a great country. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

I will happily continue to crap on them. A country cannot survive in an environment where it's every man, woman and child for himself/herself. In such a society there can be no trust as we will all be looking to screw each other. By applauding this kind of behavior you are signalling the end of the United States of America as a great country. 

America has survived since 1776 on that premise 

Its always been about the individual 

Its about individual wealth and for the most part one individual marrying another wealthy individual to continue the wealth. 

There is a reason why the same families have continued their wealth. It keeps getting passed down throughout the generations. 

You can work your ass off in this country and have 0. You can work smart and come up with something that advances an idea concept etc and be a billionaire. Mark zukerburg came up with a website. Multi millionaire and growing. 

Even though I don't agree with Mark at all politically or what he does with facebook he came up with it and is now very wealthy. Thats america 

26 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

America has survived since 1776 on that premise 

Its always been about the individual 

Its about individual wealth and for the most part one individual marrying another wealthy individual to continue the wealth. 

There is a reason why the same families have continued their wealth. It keeps getting passed down throughout the generations. 

You can work your ass off in this country and have 0. You can work smart and come up with something that advances an idea concept etc and be a billionaire. Mark zukerburg came up with a website. Multi millionaire and growing. 

Even though I don't agree with Mark at all politically or what he does with facebook he came up with it and is now very wealthy. Thats america 

You heard it here first: Goodbye America. The dream was fine but like all things human is now coming to an end. I have lined up myself to get away before this all falls apart. I know you will go down with the ship for it's what you support. To that I say, good luck with it. I want no part for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

You heard it here first: Goodbye America. The dream was fine but like all things human is now coming to an end. I have lined up myself to get away before this all falls apart. I know you will go down with the ship for it's what you support. To that I say, good luck with it. I want no part for me. 

Of course I ride with this country. Its the greatest country for a reason

Only people can fuck it up but the system works

30 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You also as a stock market investor you have to supoort the system. It makes you more money 

31 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Of course I ride with this country. Its the greatest country for a reason

Only people can fuck it up but the system works

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

You also as a stock market investor you have to supoort the system. It makes you more money 

I would gladly give up my market gains for a more just, fair, equitable system. I do this to survive in capitalism and I am good at it. But that does not mean I support it. There is a difference. 

Ironically, I am probably better at it than most precisely because I don't buy into the system. Thus, I recognize its fragility and don't go rah, rahing for it. I book my profits and protect my capital precisely because I realize how vulnerable this system is. And, I also have no problem going against it, which is why I am able to make money short as well as long. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

I would gladly give up my market gains for a more just, fair, equitable system. I do this to survive in capitalism and I am good at it. But that does not mean I support it. There is a difference. 

Ironically, I am probably better at it than most precisely because I don't buy into the system. Thus, I recognize its fragility and don't go rah, rahing for it. I book my profits and protect my capital precisely because I realize how vulnerable this system is. And, I also have no problem going against it, which is why I am able to make money short as well as long. 

But either way u support the system daily 

Most people want/need the market everyday to reach new heights 

and I think it's hysterical and hypocritical that the left attacks the system when they are the unions and every union has people retirement in the market.

People 401k and such has exploded. They are getting 30-40% returns and thats been documented. 

Try a different country. Maybe Sweden or something. From what I understand it maybe better for you

Here in america we have more billionaires than ever. We will have if not already have trillionaires. The market will get over 30 than 40. In my lifetime I will probably see it hit 80000 if not higher as long as we have the right administration that is willing to get past red tape and let it run 

But this is my opinion. Since u seem to be able to throw 50000 into the market and such buy land. Become a big land owner 

53 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You live with Mommy and Daddy and you have an opinion on the homeless.

Shocking.

BTW , if you kill your parents which you alluded to last year, will you inherit the house?

bgw

To inherit the house, the blame will have to be shifted elsewhere. I am not sure he has sufficient skills to pull that off. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

To inherit the house, the blame will have to be shifted elsewhere. I am not sure he has sufficient skills to pull that off. 

I have 0 intention of ever inheriting the house or any money from my parents. 

I hope they spend every penny they made on themselves. Me and my brothers will do it on our owns. We dont need their money

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You live with Mommy and Daddy and you have an opinion on the homeless.

Shocking.

BTW , if you kill your parents which you alluded to last year, will you inherit the house?

bgw

I do have an opinion on the homeless 

Somewhere they fucked up and they are in the situation they are in

But no I will never inherit my parents house. Don't want it. Let some other person live in NY where they can pay high taxes. 

I have no intention of ever taking my parents house and my one brother is out and my other brother won't stay 

So my parents house will be sold. And I'll never look back