New Zealand goes 100 days without a new coronavirus case

ngdawg

21 hours ago, ngdawg said:

He is wrong. By not mandating masks and forcing travelers to quarantine (as New Zealand did), he allowed the coronavirus to spread. In a time that we needed a leader, we got nothing.

U can’t force people to quarantine or they gonna protest, and ur stupid as fuck if Trump mandated masks, all of our Doctors and nurses would be dead, if you step outside the box 📦 u live in you would realize there was a shortage of masks of the health care professionals and if everyone American went out in a panic and bought up all the masks then there would have been none for the health care workers and essential workers... how u coming, I thought yous was smart

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

U can’t force people to quarantine or they gonna protest, and ur stupid as fuck if Trump mandated masks, all of our Doctors and nurses would be dead, if you step outside the box 📦 u live in you would realize there was a shortage of masks of the health care professionals and if everyone American went out in a panic and bought up all the masks then there would have been none for the health care workers and essential workers... how u coming, I thought yous was smart

All I'm hearing are excuses. I see more than enough masks sitting on shelves of stores. And trust me, we love out front line workers too. Never said I was smart though.

• Haha 1

New Zealand’s success has taken a step back.  About 60 cases in Auckland related to one outbreak and the country has locked down that city.  And has major restrictions in the rest of the country.  Also postponed their elections for a month.  It is an approach, but at what cost.  No immunity in the population (or limited due to prior coronavirus infections).  The virus is going to be there.  You gonna lock down for every outbreak?  Their tourism industry is shattered - a major part of their economy.  Maintaining that approach would seem to be a recipe for ongoing misery and deprivation.