Donzaleigh

DarterBlue

Donzaleigh is my sister. We are very close. Despite the fact she lives approximately 250 miles away in South Florida, over the years we have both made it a point of duty to see each other at least three times each year. She is not my blood sister. We were part of a blended family that came together when I was 10 and she 9. It happened when her father and my mother got married. At the time, I had recently gone to live with mom after spending 2.5 years with my dad after their divorce. We both had trouble adjusting. And, for most of our childhood we fought like Puss and Dawg. 

Our deep bond developed after we became young adults. It was only then that I began to appreciate what she had been through as a child. You see, she never knew her blood mother. Rather she went to live with her dad and his then woman and their three other children. As a child of another woman, she was never fully accepted by her three brothers and sisters. When her dad left that woman for my mom, she came to live with my mom and her dad. 

She was never the beneficiary of a secondary school education, despite having above average intelligence. For in Jamaica only about 1/6 of all kids at that time were afforded a high school education on the government's dime. The remainder finished their formal education in the "all age" departments of elementary schools. There, if they were luck, they learned a trade. If unlucky they were warehoused till they were 15. The opportunity to obtain a high school education was determined at age 11 or 12 (six grade for Americans) depending on your birth month, by an exam that all kids desirous of a public high school education were required to take. Because of her tumultuous early life she had little chance of placing in the top 1/6th. Therefore, our educations took very different paths. 

Donzaleigh left us at age 16 when she became pregnant. By this time her dad and my mom had divorced as he migrated (illegally) to the United States (he overstayed a visitors visa). She went to live with the father of her child. He did right by her despite being over 10 years older and she came to the United States as a result of this relationship. In total they were together over 40 years when he died several years ago. The relationship produced 10 children, 6 born on US soil and 4 born in Jamaica. Donzaleigh initially worked as a housekeeper in hotels in South Florida. Not satisfied with that, see eventually go a job with an Atlanta based, minority company that was involved in construction and property management. She worked in the property management area that managed several Section 8 complexes in the Miami Northwestern school zone. It was there she learned to do drywall, tiling and some electrical work. Today she is semi-retired but still works on some projects in the area.

So why do I write about something so profoundly personal? The reason I put off visiting till September was fear of the Covid-19 virus. For I know, based on her lifestyle that there would be a dangerous level of exposure. I was not wrong. To alleviate the boredom and frustration the virus has caused, they now do a Saturday night Bingo evening. At this event 10-20 individuals (it varies from week to week) gather around, play bingo for chump change, and eat and drink. Little social distancing is practiced. While there was no one there that exhibited symptoms, I knew that upon returning to Orlando for the safety of my wife and adult son I share the house with, I had to get tested. I also social distanced myself as much as is possible till I obtained the results. I am happy to say I received a negative result this morning. 

I type all of this because while she has remained virus free, I fear for her health. It would be as vain an attempt for me to try and convince her to modify her lifestyle and exposure as it would be to convince @conchato reject Trump. So, I did not try. We are nearly the same age. And she has high blood pressure. Thus, if she became infected, her odds would be affected by both age and health. I pray to God she is luck and avoids this plague. You don't maintain a 55 year close relationship with someone you do not love. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, concha said:

If you want me to stop supporting Trump then come up with a better alternative.

Biden and a Dem Party being driven by the looney left ain't it.

You, as a looney leftist, disagree.

So, your preference is for a madman who is willing to sacrifice thousands of lives? SHMDFH. And you have the gumption to refer to the left as looney? So, I guess that just makes you complicit with evil, then!

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

So, your preference is for a madman who is willing to sacrifice thousands of lives? SHMDFH. And you have the gumption to refer to the left as looney? So, I guess that just makes you complicit with evil, then!

Sacrifice thousands of lives?

WTF are you talking about?

You must mean Andrew Cuomo.

Loon.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, concha said:

Sacrifice thousands of lives?

WTF are you talking about?

You must mean Andrew Cuomo.

Loon.

I am talking about the new Trump revelations. You know the recordings and the book! This is why I have concluded you are not an honest actor. You are not HSFBF, you have some degree of intelligence. But you are just a carbon copy of your leader Trump. The prince of liars attracts like minded, I suppose. I won't denigrate a post about my sister to anymore of this. You and he can burn in hell!

48 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I am talking about the new Trump revelations. You know the recordings and the book! This is why I have concluded you are not an honest actor. You are not HSFBF, you have some degree of intelligence. But you are just a carbon copy of your leader Trump. The prince of liars attracts like minded, I suppose. I won't denigrate a post about my sister to anymore of this. You and he can burn in hell!

He downplayed to not cause a panic and at the same time was doing things about it.

It's not hard to understand.

While Slow Joe was upset about banning travel and Queen Nancy was making sure everyone piled into Chinatown without masks for the New Year festival, Trump's administration was doing shit. Like trying to fill the shelves with PPE that Obama and Joey used and never replenished.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, concha said:

He downplayed to not cause a panic

It is really amazing to see just how far you have sunk in 4 short years....You are NOT even a human being any longer. On the bright side, neither is teddy cruz. Remember when HE was your hero?

Truly tragic to watch you sink this low....any man really.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, concha said:

He downplayed to not cause a panic and at the same time was doing things about it.

It's not hard to understand.

While Slow Joe was upset about banning travel and Queen Nancy was making sure everyone piled into Chinatown without masks for the New Year festival, Trump's administration was doing shit. Like trying to fill the shelves with PPE that Obama and Joey used and never replenished.

You are either a sick man or a blatant liar. In either event I have nothing to ever say to you again. YOU are a total waste of time.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

It is really amazing to see just how far you have sunk in 4 short years....You are NOT even a human being any longer. On the bright side, neither is teddy cruz. Remember when HE was your hero?

Truly tragic to watch you sink this low....any man really.

See my response to him above. He is either a horrible liar or he is bat shit crazy. I will never engage this individual again and will never, ever respond to any of his posts. It is a total waste of my valuable time remaining here on earth.