Problems with the catholic schools...not just in NJ apparently

HSFBfan

Just now, Sportsnut said:

No. We separate public for the playoffs. They can play each other during regular season but come playoff time, they are separate. We crown Private and Public Champions in our A class. That is where the smaller schools are. We do have 2 different groups playing football though. The GHSA consist of over 430 schools and are mostly public. The GISA is comprised of private and independent schools. The crown their own champions. The GHSA and the GISA do not play each other. The GISA has 35 teams.

So exactly what NJ does......different playoffs for private and publics. And in PA they are saying that would be discrimination. I have no idea how. 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Our change was brought on by a long time politician who was tired of losing to the Catholics and privates and concocted a multiplier to the enrollment dealing with how many students actually came from within the district as opposed to how many came in from outside. Whole bunch of convoluted mess. 

Now we have no issues at all. Not of that type.

I think it makes sense to split the private and publics in the playoffs.

Guest LOSer
12 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

We separate public for the playoffs.

It's not true but even your claim is contradictory.

The GHSAA only separates some privates.

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

Nothing I said was not true. I did not explain it in full detail but nothing I said was untrue. 

The statement below is not true.

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

We separate public for the playoffs. 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

Too much whining. Go out and get better. How many states seperate the Catholics from the publics in the playoffs? I bet overall its not many.

How many states do the privates really matter? Not many. Most states that we talk about here on the board the public school teams are at the top. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

How many states do the privates really matter? Not many. Most states that we talk about here on the board the public school teams are at the top. 

Yes thats true. STA is in playoffs with the publics. Same out here in Az. I'm just saying everyone is looking for an excuse instead of dealing with it and trying to get better. They are defeated before they start. 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

Yes thats true. STA is in playoffs with the publics. Same out here in Az. I'm just saying everyone is looking for an excuse instead of dealing with it and trying to get better. They are defeated before they start. 

Yes but in FL STA is the only private that i can think of that matters. Everyone else is a public MC BTW etc etc.

AZ..Chandler Mountain pointe etc are all publics correct.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes but in FL STA is the only private that i can think of that matters. Everyone else is a public MC BTW etc etc.

AZ..Chandler Mountain pointe etc are all publics correct.

That's my point thoiugh. Again we can look at the past in NJ and how powerful the publics used to be. Things change. Cycles etc. 

This topic has been around for quite some time. There is no question that most of the football-rich private schools around the country have an advantage, in that they can get kids from all four corners of a metropolitan area, and public schools have much more difficulty doing so. 

Dallas Jackson used to say, "Everyone needs to work as hard as the dominant private schools", which was suggesting the private schools got to where they were through outworking all the publics. There is no way in the world that DBP had 4 All Americans in their senior class in 2011 or whenever just through hard work. There is no way BG had 80% of the D1 recruits in Nevada over a 5 year period just through hard work.

Kids (parents) follow others in order to be on winning teams, which is much more easily accomplished in private schools.

"Go out and get better" starts with getting very talented kids in a program, and privates have a huge advantage in being able to do that.

• Like 1

Just now, aZjimbo said:

That's my point thoiugh. Again we can look at the past in NJ and how powerful the publics used to be. Things change. Cycles etc. 

Yep. Well see the status of the privates in the upcoming years as more and more of the private schools close. Maybe one days its about the publics again

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

This topic has been around for quite some time. There is no question that most of the football-rich private schools around the country have an advantage, in that they can get kids from all four corners of a metropolitan area, and public schools have much more difficulty doing so. 

Dallas Jackson used to say, "Everyone needs to work as hard as the dominant private schools", which was suggesting the private schools got to where they were through outworking all the publics. There is no way in the world that DBP had 4 All Americans in their senior class in 2011 or whenever just through hard work. There is no way BG had 80% of the D1 recruits in Nevada over a 5 year period just through hard work.

Kids (parents) follow others in order to be on winning teams, which is much more easily accomplished in private schools.

"Go out and get better" starts with getting very talented kids in a program, and privates have a huge advantage in being able to do that.

Only way to really make it somewhat even is to have an open transfer policy. Go to any school you want. You may see friends stay together and go to a public school instead of trying to shell out the tuition money

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Only way to really make it somewhat even is to have an open transfer policy. Go to any school you want. You may see friends stay together and go to a public school instead of trying to shell out the tuition money

Tuition is out of sight. Have no idea how parents do it.

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yep. Well see the status of the privates in the upcoming years as more and more of the private schools close. Maybe one days its about the publics again

Good point on those small Catholic schools closing. Sad to see. St Cecelia, Q of P, St Anthonys and many others. Some real good athletes over the years.

Just now, aZjimbo said:

Good point on those small Catholic schools closing. Sad to see. St Cecelia, Q of P, St Anthonys and many others. Some real good athletes over the years.

Dont forget St. Patricks was very close to closing if i remember correctly. Now they are The Patrick School. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

All sucked in football. Consolidation is progress. The core Privates will only get better. You forget that Bergen County is one of the richest counties in America. Parents and boosters will always be able to afford it. Plus, the better the athletes, the more "aid" they get if needed. 

St Cecelia did not suck in football. And as rich as BC is somewhere along the line paying 15, 20, 25K is going to hurt some families budget. It's out of control.

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

All sucked in football. Consolidation is progress. The core Privates will only get better. You forget that Bergen County is one of the richest counties in America. Parents and boosters will always be able to afford it. Plus, the better the athletes, the more "aid" they get if needed. 

Yes they might have sucked in football but what about the rest of the sports. Might have been decent to very good there in terms of basketball at St. Anthonys