2020 Zachary, La QB Keilon Brown

TheRealCAJ

26 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Kid looks like an athletic freak with some serious quick twitch and a nice arm....on film 6'1 looks like a stretch. Wish him well.

6-0 according to scout.com,  his baseball profile lists 6-0 also (suppose to be a hell of a baseball prospect too)

Some highlights from last year as a 14 year old playing big time 5A ball here.

http://www.hudl.com/v/23eTZe

It doesn't hurt when you have the freaks Zachary has every year..

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Zachary is a 5A Top 10 Preseason team here this year.....they won 5A state a couple years ago (2015) and had a decent calpreps rating of #69 nationally. 

Team to keep on eye on..

Calpreps has them 15 in the state preseason. Well have to keep an eye on them and see what happens

If Zachary quits there Jekyl-N-Hyde ways they are Top-5 (Top 3 Public) in 5A in my book.  

Brown (Who was pretty good last season btw), has a year under his belt and freak WRs to throw to.  The D has the talent (They shouldn't have to do much with that offense.)

They just have to put it together on a consistent basis....and avoid a pissed-off Acadiana squad come playoff time.

I was talking to the family of kid who plays for Zachary (kid will be a major college prospect and you can already tell as a freshman) and the dad told me I would freak out if I knew the amount of talent in Zachary that doesn't come out for football.  Apparently not every kid is in love with the program there and a bunch of kids slip through the cracks.

9 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

I was talking to the family of kid who plays for Zachary (kid will be a major college prospect and you can already tell as a freshman) and the dad told me I would freak out if I knew the amount of talent in Zachary that doesn't come out for football.  Apparently not every kid is in love with the program there and a bunch of kids slip through the cracks.

This happens at a lot more places than people realize. Even up here in Massachusetts, coaches have told me about kids that have all the measureables and are great athletes that simply don't want to play football. There was one kid who was something crazy, like 6-5, 330 with good feet but stopped playing football after his freshman year. Coach told me he kept getting letters from schools and he just never wanted to pursue it.

10 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

If you were to rank it by talent and/or teams, which part of the state is the best for HS ball right now: BR, NO, North La.?

...talent and depth of teams, my opinion.

1-NOLA (just too deep with talent and teams)

2-Baton Rouge

3-North La

That doesn't mean North La can't win state championships. (Evangel, Monroe Neville, and West Monroe)

It's a population thing more than anything.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

...talent and depth of teams, my opinion.

1-NOLA (just too deep with talent and teams)

2-Baton Rouge

3-North La

That doesn't mean North La can't win state championships. (Evangel, Monroe Neville, and West Monroe)

It's a population thing more than anything.

1.  NOLA (no contest)

2.  Baton Rouge

3.  Northeast LA (A decade or 2 ago...this would be 1A)

4.  Southwest LA

5.  Northwest LA/Central LA