IMG calls out Broward football

coach_warren

11 hours ago, 954gator said:

Broward is basically the Ft. Lauderdale area.   American Heritage and STA for starters are in Broward County.    Broward and Dade are the two strongest counties in Fl.  

I think Palm Beach is stronger than Broward a lot of years when Glades Central, Pahokee, Dwyer, etc. are humming. But for the last few years, Broward has been #2. 

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

I think Palm Beach is stronger than Broward a lot of years when Glades Central, Pahokee, Dwyer, etc. are humming. But for the last few years, Broward has been #2. 

Maybe way back, but Glades hasn't been that great for a little while now.  I honestly think Broward is closer to Dade than Palm Beach is to Broward.

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

found it .. Go to about the 7 min mark.. This is what happens when you play a power Broward schools that can bang with IMG.. Its funny they called it a KOC but they sured played hard like it wasn't and IMG ended up with only 9 games that year 🤔

carol city right?

6 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

found it .. Go to about the 7 min mark.. This is what happens when you play a power Broward schools that can bang with IMG.. Its funny they called it a KOC but they sured played hard like it wasn't and IMG ended up with only 9 games that year 🤔

Nice been looking for that for a while.

15 hours ago, 954gator said:

They are basically calling out one of the best football hotbeds in the US, because they beat BA lol.   

That would be like calling out Miami Dade after beating a team like Hialeah.  

That Carol city is not on either teams record either yes IMG lost to AH but I would like to see it on actual record

These three counties make up what Fl people consider "South Fl".    Here are some random teams in each.

Palm Beach County:

Dwyer

Oxbridge

American heritage (Delray)

Atlantic

Glades Central 

Pahokee

Boca Raton

Park Vista

Palm Beach gardens/lakes/central

Broward County:

St. Thomas Aquinas (Ft.laud)

American Heritage (Plantation)

Chaminade Madonna (Hollywood)

Deerfield Beach

Miramar

Cardinal Gibbons (Ft. Laud)

Hallandale

Dillard (Ft. laud)

Pompano Beach Ely

Boyd Anderson (Lauderdale Lakes)

Flanagan (Pembroke Pines)

Plantation

Cypress Bay (Weston)

Miami-Dade County

Miami Central 

Miami Carol City

Miami Northwestern

Booker T Washington

Miami Norland

South Dade (homestead)

Southridge  (homestead)

Columbus

Coral Gables

Pace

Champagnat Catholic

Anything with Miami in it basically. 

5 hours ago, coach_warren said:

That Carol city is not on either teams record either yes IMG lost to AH but I would like to see it on actual record

Yeah it's just not allowed for it to be an "official" game for FHSAA teams due to the date, but IMG could have them count (which was what everyone thought). Obviously they aren't going to count them now, bc they'd have to count that L from 2015.  High profile KOC games involving Fl teams are just about always taken seriously.  

BTW whooped American heritage in a KOC last year which both teams took very serious.   It's not official, but there's a reason undefeated AHP wasn't ranked as high as normal last year.   The South Remembers lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coach_warren said:

Yes but img played full schedule last year

They only played 9 offical in 2015, they are independent so they can count any games they choose to,  so convient they decide to not count a loss to AHP