IMG Getting a top NY CB from Iona Prep

NYHSFAN33

Not often a school like Iona Prep has the #4 player in country in their class.   While I doubt they care about it from the standpoint of beating a team from a different state, they want to build a consistent league contender at least in the CHSAA.  Obviously drawing kids to play there is a lot easier when they know there will be high D-1 coaches from all over the country at each game.  That’s where this is going to hurt them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Not often a school like Iona Prep has the #4 player in country in their class.   While I doubt they care about it from the standpoint of beating a team from a different state, they want to build a consistent league contender at least in the CHSAA.  Obviously drawing kids to play there is a lot easier when they know there will be high D-1 coaches from all over the country at each game.  That’s where this is going to hurt them.

Of course they’d love to beat Bosco and be in a conversation of tri-state elite with Bosco, BC, SJR and SPP.  just as easy for many kids in lower Hudson Valley to go to Bosco or Iona. Problem is people stopped caring about the CHSAA over 25 years ago 

49 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

Of course they’d love to beat Bosco and be in a conversation of tri-state elite with Bosco, BC, SJR and SPP.  just as easy for many kids in lower Hudson Valley to go to Bosco or Iona. Problem is people stopped caring about the CHSAA over 25 years ago 

I mean, DBP beat Iona last year, at home, 21-7 in Iona’s first game of the year.  And that kid was only a Freshman.  Not exactly punished.  Schools like Iona don’t necessarily “re-load” like some big programs.  I follow casually, and most people around here only follow their local team or team with their children or relatives on them. None ever started caring about any NJ catholic school or league to begin with, so a weird comment to make by the GSB burner account.  A low level 2 bit promoter would care enough though I suppose.

8 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I mean, DBP beat Iona last year, at home, 21-7 in Iona’s first game of the year.  And that kid was only a Freshman.  Not exactly punished.  Schools like Iona don’t necessarily “re-load” like some big programs.  I follow casually, and most people around here only follow their local team or team with their children or relatives on them. None ever started caring about any NJ catholic school or league to begin with, so a weird comment to make by the GSB burner account.  A low level 2 bit promoter would care enough though I suppose.

GSB Burner Account.  😭😭😭😭

• Haha 1