Well freebird biden did you a huge favor

Ga96

3 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I think everyone can agree on this one. 

I haven't read it but just my opinion all none violent marijuana chargers should be dropped unless its huge amounts consistent with drug trafficking. 

They said they pardoned like 7k records which I don’t get the small number,

12 hours ago, FreeBird said:

They said they pardoned like 7k records which I don’t get the small number,

because it's only for "Federal" charges.. you know like high level shit. You don't rank lol

I would be willing to bet almost all of the 149 incarcerated were charges reduced from trafficking to simple possession for exchange of information

According to the United States Sentencing Commission, a federal agency, in the fiscal year 2021, which ended last June, just 149 people were in federal prison for simple possession of marijuana

I was only kidding (well sort of) about high level shit but seriously the Feds don't usually charge or go after small time pot shit. So there won't be many incarcerated by the Feds under simple pot possession .  Unless there were bigger charges and they were reduced to simple possession in exchange for information which I would guess would be most the people the feds have incarcerated for pot possession . I suppose if you got caught with a bag of weed while touring the White House you might get a Federal pot charge lol

Fed Marijuana Laws

Possession (any amount)

Any amount (first offense) misdemeanor 1 year $ 1,000
Any amount (second offense) misdemeanor 15 days* - 2 years $ 2,500
Any amount (subsequent offense) misdemeanor or felony 90 days* - 3 years $ 5,000
* Mandatory minimum sentence

Federal vs. State Laws and Enforcement on Marijuana Possession

First off, how can marijuana possession be lawful and unlawful at the same time? Most marijuana regulations and enforcement are done at the local and state law level. But the U.S. Congress has the power to enact federal laws for acts that occur on federal property or that affect "interstate commerce," which basically covers any movement of goods or services that could cross state lines. The U.S. Supreme Court decided that any use of marijuana—even local—affects supply and demand in the national marijuana market. And this connection to the national market gives Congress the right to regulate local use within a state. (Gonzales v. Raich, 545 U.S. 1 (2005).)

This means that federal enforcement over local cannabis use is permissible—albeit uncommon. Federal prosecutors typically don't want to devote limited resources to low-level marijuana crimes. And, with each administration, the U.S. Department of Justice generally sets its priorities for federal drug enforcement. High priority often goes to drug trafficking or large-grow operations, whereas low-level cannabis use that complies with state law tends to rank low. But policies can and do change. It's also important to know that no conflict exists when it comes to possession of marijuana in interstate travel (vehicle and air travel) or on federal property—these acts are not permitted under any law.

Sorry @FreeBird The NJ Governor would have to pardon you..

Regarding pardons what many people don't realize. They are really most beneficial to those in jail and can get out but it does not expunge your record. If you already served your time the pardon is really only of benefit if you want to vote or serve on a Jury. You are still a convicted felon but can just say hey I have a pardon so maybe that could help you get a job or whatever or maybe could make a difference in getting a bond depending on the charge. The conviction is still on your record and if you catch another charge it would still be your second offence though in court. 

So basically Biden just picked up 7500 or so legal voters.. well assuming they are even still in this country, alive or whatever. Actually not even that as the Federal charge of simple possession is only a misdemeanor unless it's your 3rd offense so the pardon means squat..lol

• Thanks 2