Jarrett Guarantano

HSFBfan

Shame Guaratano didn't win state title. 

Of course SPP was beast in 14 his junior year but BC did lead them at half in the playoffs at SPP.  Second half wimbush was just throwing td bombs to mincah (think 3 in total in second half) too lethal of a duo. 

his senior year they had they talent to do it but he wasn't 100% for much of the year or playoffs. Too many called qb runs because he was such a dual threat to take it to the house if he got past the LBs with his speed. Got him injured though. Hopefully 21 plays a healthy full season this year. 

Will be rooting for JG though. 

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Shame Guaratano didn't win state title. 

Of course SPP was beast in 14 his junior year but BC did lead them at half in the playoffs at SPP.  Second half wimbush was just throwing td bombs to mincah (think 3 in total in second half) too lethal of a duo. 

his senior year they had they talent to do it but he wasn't 100% for much of the year or playoffs. Too many called qb runs because he was such a dual threat to take it to the house if he got past the LBs with his speed. Got him injured though. Hopefully 21 plays a healthy full season this year. 

Will be rooting for JG though. 

It's called Nunzio defense or lack there of. In state title games 0-3 (lost 37-27 Bosco, 42-14 Bosco, 37-34 PC).  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I don't blame nunzio for losing the first two  to bosco... the talent gap was too wide. 

Can't win giving up nearly 40 points a game no matter what the team is. Those were 2 very, very good Bosco teams for sure. But losing to PC the way they did? Terrible. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Can't win giving up nearly 40 points a game no matter what the team is. Those were 2 very, very good Bosco teams for sure. But losing to PC the way they did? Terrible. 

Agree. BC wasn't beating those bosco teams. In 12 BC beat PC in regular season at PC by 2 tds..... Germano had a day but PC got revenge when it mattered most. 

12 is the year nunzio has to look back and say a championship got away where they were probably the favorite going into playoffs. 

• Like 1

Just now, legendsofthefall said:

You do the crime, you pay the time. Michigan needs to take advantage of this and they will. 

i agree they jacked up and if the result is suspension they so be it but i was very much looking forward to this game. My hatred of michigan runs deep. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Under Nunz of late, very few of his starting QBs have made it thru the season unscathed. Each are more of a RB than QB, which almost always results in premature injury. 

No reason for called Qb runs with two more than capable RBs. Now if the pocket breaks down or room is there for 21 to get yards that's a different story. 

11 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

No reason for called Qb runs with two more than capable RBs. Now if the pocket breaks down or room is there for 21 to get yards that's a different story. 

honestly tho with how much they are protecting players at every level they should teach QBs that if they feel the pressure just go down

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's the problem. The pocket almost always breaks down since BC rarely attracts top OL recruits. Name the last interior lineman to go FBS/FCS. Very few. Whereas SJR dominates in this respect. 

Agree with what your saying but BC still has beaten SJR in 2 of last 3 games. All went to OT and BC could of won last year I think BC kicked a fg when they had a down or 2 remaining to try and score td but kick was missed or blocked. 

Plus another factor top 8th grade linemen recruits are more inclined to sign with sjr because that was Auggie's position and you know he tells them I know what it takes to get you to the next level and maybe Nfl one day as a selling point. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Agree with what your saying but BC still has beaten SJR in 2 of last 3 games. All went to OT and BC could of won last year I think BC kicked a fg when they had a down or 2 remaining to try and score td but kick was missed or blocked. 

Plus another factor top 8th grade linemen recruits are more inclined to sign with sjr because that was Auggie's position and you know he tells them I know what it takes to get you to the next level and maybe Nfl one day as a selling point. 

which is why kids with Qb potential go to BC because Nunzio is the QB guru