ESPN Analyst quits of football head injury concerns

paladin4ever

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

Wait.  He was captain of his college team and played in the NFL for 5 years and you are calling him soft?  You may not agree with his decision or his stance but to call him soft is just wrong.

Are you trying to control another man's opinion? Very strange. 

Edward was soft. He's called plenty of games and I've heard enough to know he's a pansy. And now to read he wants nothing to do with football now confirms that he was a pussy. Good riddance. 

• Haha 2

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Are you trying to control another man's opinion? Very strange. 

Edward was soft. He's called plenty of games and I've heard enough to know he's a pansy. And now to read he wants nothing to do with football now confirms that he was a pussy. Good riddance. 

Not trying to control anything.  Tell me again how many college and NFL level games you've played in order to have a qualified opinion on whether or not he is soft?  I'll wait.  In the meantime, my opinion of your stance is as valid as your opinion of his softness.  He is willing to walk away from a 6 figure job in support of his beliefs.  That in and of itself says he isn't soft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

Not trying to control anything.  Tell me again how many college and NFL level games you've played in order to have a qualified opinion on whether or not he is soft?  I'll wait.  In the meantime, my opinion of your stance is as valid as your opinion of his softness.  He is willing to walk away from a 6 figure job in support of his beliefs.  That in and of itself says he isn't soft.

So you want me to have your opinion? I'm not allowed to have mine as you sit here and justify why I should have yours. Seems very weird. 

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:
6 minutes ago, Fred said:

So you want me to have your opinion? I'm not allowed to have mine as you sit here and justify why I should have yours. Seems very weird. 

I'm not sure where you think I said you can't have your opinion - even if it is wrong.  9_9  You've spent too much time debating LOSer and others if you think I said that.

Just now, Fred said:

I'm not sure where you think I said you can't have your opinion - even if it is wrong.  9_9  You've spent too much time debating LOSer and others if you think I said that.

Because when I gave my opinion, which had nothing to do with you,  decided to go out of your way to quote me multiple times asking my experience and telling me why I'm wrong. 

Again that sounds like someone that won't accept a different opinion and is determined to fix mine  

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Because when I gave my opinion, which had nothing to do with you,  decided to go out of your way to quote me multiple times asking my experience and telling me why I'm wrong. 

Again that sounds like someone that won't accept a different opinion and is determined to fix mine  

You need to get over it.  You constantly chime in on others thoughts and opinions.  The whole purpose of a debate or discussion is to attempt to change someone else's opinion.  Why else to do you argue with others here when you don't agree?  You have the opportunity to change mine.  Convince me you have the experience to make a qualified statement on why he is soft and I'll listen.  Heck, I change my mind on things all the time when someone can make a cogent argument.  I listen to your opinions on multiple subjects that you appear to have experience in or have researched.  This is not one of those cases.

I quote people because I've found in these message boards that if you don't, replies often get separated from the subject of that reply and it just makes it easier to follow the thought process. 

Just now, Fred said:

You constantly chime in on others thoughts and opinions.  Why else to do you argue with others here when you don't agree? 

Provide facts. Show us examples where I went out of my way to quote someone and tell them they're wrong without engaging in conversation. 

I'll wait. 

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:
8 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

You talk shit about people and don't expect it to come back?

I haven't mentioned you at all. I said Ed was soft. You can personally continue to post about me and then I'll just ban you through the weekend. That is a choice you'll have to make today. 

Try it.

This is funny.  With all the crap and personal attacks that go on here, you threaten him with a ban.  Having a bad day?  Moderators are supposed to have an even temperament and not let their personal emotions rule.  I guess I'll get banned now too.

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Provide facts. Show us examples where I went out of my way to quote someone and tell them they're wrong without engaging in conversation. 

I'll wait. 

Show me another example of where I asked qualifications of anyone on this board.  That must be only your thing, Fred. I remember during the Grayson posts you loved to brag about going to the dinners and meeting coaches and asking about my qualifications then, too. 

Fights w Los, DickTurpin, Barton, ECHS among others. No one else asked for the qualifications as if they're superior.   

Weird ive been on these forums for five years and I've never seen someone want a resume as badly as you do. Inferior complex. It's rather pathetic 

This is funny.  With all the crap and personal attacks that go on here, you threaten him with a ban.  Having a bad day?  Moderators are supposed to have an even temperament and not let their personal emotions rule.  I guess I'll get banned now too.

Yeah when you follow me around every thread like a puppy mentioning my high school and asking how my family is it crosses a line. 

LibertyTrump did the same exact thing to Hoover last week, I called him out, and it stopped. Literally the same exact situation 

Never had a problem with you fred. Never once saw you coming to all my threads to ask about a HS I asked nicely to stop mentioned. Never been followed like a puppy dog. So no, it's not the same and I'm not sure why you feel the need to again WRONGLY mistake the situation 

nice try tho. 

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:
5 minutes ago, Fred said:

You constantly chime in on others thoughts and opinions.  Why else to do you argue with others here when you don't agree? 

I'll wait. 

Life's too short and I have far too much to do to go back and show all the ways and times you have done it.  Use this thread as an example.  You made a statement.  I challenged it.  You got your panties in a wad.  It is a high school message board where people challenge each other all the time.  Either you are taking this far too seriously or I hit a nerve.  Either way I'm off to other things.  Enjoy your weekend and the next time you make it to a Grayson game give me a shout.

Just now, Fred said:

Life's too short and I have far too much to do to go back and show all the ways and times you have done it..

So you can't provide the facts? 

Yeah, I didn't think so. It's like when Bones called me a racist and couldn't ever back it up. (Because it NEVER happened) 

I don't pick fights with people on this site for no reason and I don't follow them around every thread like liberty or Sportsnut. That is the difference. I've also never said you did that either Fred and I didn't even have any issues with you 

16 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Show me another example of where I asked qualifications of anyone on this board.  That must be only your thing, Fred. I remember during the Grayson posts you loved to brag about going to the dinners and meeting coaches and asking about my qualifications then, too. 

Fights w Los, DickTurpin, Barton, ECHS among others. No one else asked for the qualifications as if they're superior.   

Weird ive been on these forums for five years and I've never seen someone want a resume as badly as you do. Inferior complex. It's rather pathetic 

15 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah when you follow me around every thread like a puppy mentioning my high school and asking how my family is it crosses a line. 

LibertyTrump did the same exact thing to Hoover last week, I called him out, and it stopped. Literally the same exact situation 

Never had a problem with you fred. Never once saw you coming to all my threads to ask about a HS I asked nicely to stop mentioned. Never been followed like a puppy dog. So no, it's not the same and I'm not sure why you feel the need to again WRONGLY mistake the situation 

nice try tho. 

Huh?  I haven't followed you around anywhere.  We may wind up on some similar threads because I tend to read the ones about Georgia but that's it.  I came to this thread to read the original post and saw your reply.  Politely asked to stop mentioning your high school?  What?  Asking about your family?  When?  I certainly don't remember ever doing that but if I did it was most likely in the context of a particular train of thought.  I've said something to Rab about his inane ramblings about there being no natives or Southerners in Gwinnett but I honestly don't remember ever saying anything to you about your family.  Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else?  I've never mentioned your high school.  I'm not even sure which one it is although I think it might be one of two in Gwinnett but truth is I don't care.  I don't care what your resume is.  If you want to convince me of something like this it sure helps to know what level of authority you might have on the subject but hey, that's up to you.  Making statements without something to back them up won't convince anyone.  Anyway, like I said, enjoy your weekend.

Just now, Fred said:

Huh?  I haven't followed you around anywhere.  We may wide up on some similar threads because I tend to read the ones about Georgia but that's it.  I came to this thread to read the original post and saw your reply.  Politely asked to stop mentioning your high school?  What?  Asking about your family?  When?  I certainly don't remember ever doing that but if I did it was most likely in the context of a particular train of thought.  I've said something to Rab about his inane ramblings about there being no natives or Southerners in Gwinnett but I honestly don't remember ever saying anything to you about your family.  Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else?  I've never mentioned your high school.  I'm not even sure which one it is although I think it might be one of two in Gwinnett but truth is I don't care.  I don't care what your resume is.  If you want to convince me of something like this it sure helps to know what level of authority you might have on the subject but hey, that's up to you.  Making statements without something to back them up won't convince anyone.  Anyway, like I said, enjoy your weekend.

I think you misread it. I'm asking you nicely to go back and read it over.  I may have worded some things wrong but  I said I didn't have any issues with you. Sportsnut got the ban thing threatened because I've publicly asked him nicely to stop mentioning something and he won't. He follows me around and quotes me on it for no reason. It's been addressed to Prep and it'll be handled. I was saying that you don't do that and of course I never threatened to ban you or anything if the sort for having a different opinion or arguing. It's when I'm being stalked by a 60 year old for no reason that we address it 

11 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Nobody is following you around. I only post on the subjects that involve Georgia. And I asked you if you had a problem concerning the school the first time you got upset about it. You never responded so why should you have an issue with me mentioning them? Clearly define your line by explaining, in private if necessary or simply let someone know. You can't have it both ways. 

I've asked you over and over to stop doing it. You went out of your way in this thread concerning Ed Cunningham to mention my high school. 

That's stalking me. I said what I said. If you do it again, it'll be handled. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

I think you misread it. I'm asking you nicely to go back and read it over.  I may have worded some things wrong but  I said I didn't have any issues with you. Sportsnut got the ban thing threatened because I've publicly asked him nicely to stop mentioning something and he won't. He follows me around and quotes me on it for no reason. It's been addressed to Prep and it'll be handled. I was saying that you don't do that and of course I never threatened to ban you or anything if the sort for having a different opinion or arguing. It's when I'm being stalked by a 60 year old for no reason that we address it 

Ah, okay I can see that.  You said something about following you around in a rely to me so I can see how I got confused.  Again, enjoy your probably soggy weekend.

I don't agree w:/ ECHS ALLLL THE TIME. We rarely agree. We always bicker and fight. Yet he never mentions things personally especially when asked not to. 

Trust me i don't feel insecure about my HSFB knowledge. It's feeing harassed by you about Collins Hill after I publicly asked to cool it. That's the difference. 

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

Huh?  I haven't followed you around anywhere.  We may wide up on some similar threads because I tend to read the ones about Georgia but that's it.  I came to this thread to read the original post and saw your reply.  Politely asked to stop mentioning your high school?  What?  Asking about your family?  When?  I certainly don't remember ever doing that but if I did it was most likely in the context of a particular train of thought.  I've said something to Rab about his inane ramblings about there being no natives or Southerners in Gwinnett but I honestly don't remember ever saying anything to you about your family.  Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else?  I've never mentioned your high school.  I'm not even sure which one it is although I think it might be one of two in Gwinnett but truth is I don't care.  I don't care what your resume is.  If you want to convince me of something like this it sure helps to know what level of authority you might have on the subject but hey, that's up to you.  Making statements without something to back them up won't convince anyone.  Anyway, like I said, enjoy your weekend.

I think there is a bit of confusion as you, Fred, are getting wrapped up in a conversation with ATL that initially started with Sportsnut. I think the bottom line here is that this is a message board where people can give as much or as little information about themselves as they deem appropriate. However, should they give info there should be a respect of that and personal information should not be used once the person respectfully asks it not to be. As for the ban threat, I also don't think it's appropriate and like Fred said, moderators should have a discerning temperament. I'm glad I was pulled in before any action was taken, and while I don't like the use of the threat (I've said as much to the mod) it is my understanding that it was done after several requests have been made. So, again, if someone asks to stop discussing family or their personal background, let's respect that request.