ESPN Analyst quits of football head injury concerns

paladin4ever

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I think there is a bit of confusion as you, Fred, are getting wrapped up in a conversation with ATL that initially started with Sportsnut. I think the bottom line here is that this is a message board where people can give as much or as little information about themselves as they deem appropriate. However, should they give info there should be a respect of that and personal information should not be used once the person respectfully asks it not to be. As for the ban threat, I also don't think it's appropriate and like Fred said, moderators should have a discerning temperament. I'm glad I was pulled in before any action was taken, and while I don't like the use of the threat (I've said as much to the mod) it is my understanding that it was done after several requests have been made. So, again, if someone asks to stop discussing family or their personal background, let's respect that request. 

Thanks for the clarification.  I think in the context of what I was saying, the comment about how many college and NFL games was not too intrusive.  It certainly was not meant to be.  It was more of a rhetorical question as I believe someone that has been in the commentator's shoes has more validity than someone who hasn't.  I guess it hit wrong if the other stuff was going on.

Is it Friday yet?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Go ahead, poll the board.

I don't read every thread, so I have no idea how many times you've mentioned anyone's high school, but I do see in the threads I read where you have participated that much more frequently than others you tend to purposely get under other poster's skin. And when a back-and-forth continues, you resort to faux-philosophical crap that you have some sort of deeper understanding about life and opinions than others.

You are not alone in using this method, and it is not effective when you or any others go that route. When trying to sound like an adult, you end up presenting yourself as a child.

That's my contribution to any poll you may be looking for.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2017 at 1:18 PM, Sportsnut said:

Just confirming your age. ........................young one.

I've got a car, some socks, a few T-shirts and a grandkid as old as you. 

No wonder you think I live in Hampton. Not old enough to know better.

Oh yeah, according to Gwinnett prep Sports, Collins Hill should be much improved this year. 

Hope they play well enough for you to claim them.

On 8/6/2017 at 9:50 AM, Sportsnut said:

And who did Collins Hill beat?

On 8/15/2017 at 0:36 PM, Sportsnut said:

Collins Hill heard that.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:32 PM, Sportsnut said:

I hear Collins Hill is much improved. 

9 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Fingers have typed CH, the school,  maybe 3 times before today, since December.

Wet diaper.

Ok, its happened. Enough is enough in this thread. I feel like a damn kindergarten teacher @Sportsnut he's asked you stop. stop. @ATLien12x buck up. I hope the rest of this thread is about the original topic. Christ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paladin4ever said:

Ed Cunningham, a former player, has quit as a color commentator.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20465/top-espn-football-analyst-quits-disturbed-brain-hank-berrien

While I am not sure I would have done what he did, I can totally understand his position. Something needs to be done to minimize the head injuries in football, or the game will be taken away either by edict, or by the eventual diminution of those willing to play it. Already, many suburban schools are suffering from a significant decline in high school participation rates.

Changing the make up and design of helmets is one thing that could address some of the head injury concerns. Other things that should be addressed are the nature of legal/illegal hits and the associated penalties. I know many here will disagree, but it is one thing to suffer broken bones or soft tissue leg injuries, and quite another to sustain severe brain injuries.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I will be done with it after this post. 

Count them. Even though you said you would not go look, you did and what you found was ........2 on 8-6 and one on 8- 15. 

Two on August 6th. 

One on August 15th. 

One on August 16th. 

Again today on August 31st 

Ummm thats five right there . You said you havent even posted three. We're showing five THIS MONTH. 

You're obsessed with me. It's pathetic 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Yup, that's 35.

You said no more than THREE... 

We have you on RECORD for FIVE this month alone. Max-A-Million mentioned you picking fights since you've been here in December 

your pace is around 35. I know you didn't expect your walls to cave in on you like this. Try again tomorrow 

8 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

11 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Ok, its happened. Enough is enough in this thread. I feel like a damn kindergarten teacher @Sportsnut he's asked you stop. stop. @ATLien12x buck up. I hope the rest of this thread is about the original topic. Christ.

I will be done with it after this post. 

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You said no more than THREE... 

We have you on RECORD for FIVE this month alone. Max-A-Million mentioned you picking fights since you've been here in December 

your pace is around 35. I know you didn't expect your walls to cave in on you like this. Try again tomorrow 

@ATLien12x Let it go. He said he's done.

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

Not directing this to anyone 

If a man makes a choice, a life choice that will benefit him and his family, he should not be criticized for said choice. Those that do criticize should look at themselves and determine if they themselves should make changes to satisfy the needs of his family and to do that which allow him to remain happy and steadfast in his responsibility to his family. 

Great quote. Truth.

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Never trolled the guy. He's a baby. A young buck without sufficient life experience to matter to me. I have more a problem with the "Mob Mentality" that exist here. 

If I were Christ, right now would be like the scene with the prostitute and the crowd preparing to stone her. 

First Stone anyone?

Yes. Sportsnut and Christ from the Grand Inquisitor Poem in Brothers Karamazov are synonymous. 

• Haha 1

for every one of these this spring up  against football...there should be chorus stating the positives of football.....really angers me....so many lessons are taught from this game more among most sports....I am 46 and worry there will be no football one day...this brotherhood on this forum must keep up the good work in our towns and keep promoting football   -  VIR FIDELIS 

• Like 4