Florida, Georgia lead new ranking of top birth states for NFL players; Ohio is 10th

TheRealCAJ

Interesting take....Football babies...

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2017/09/florida_georgia_lead_new_ranki.html

The Southeast reigns supreme.

The top five states are all from the Southeast, led by Florida at No. 1 and Georgia close behind at No. 2.

South Carolina is third, Alabama fourth and Louisiana fifth. 

nfl-players-home-statespng-fb305c4df5b052b3.png

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Just glad Florida can be in the conversation with giants like California and Texas. They do have more than twice the high schools and about 25,000 more kids playing football at any given time. 😝

You keep throwing out the stat and I know you don't know what it means. The cream and elite players of Texas would still be around if program sizes were reduced or if weaker more rural programs consolidated.  So Texas could theoretically cut participation significantly and the quality would be minimally impacted.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You keep throwing out the stat and I know you don't know what it means. The cream and elite players of Texas would still be around if program sizes were reduced or if weaker more rural programs consolidated.  So Texas could theoretically cut participation significantly and the quality would be minimally impacted.

I just say it as a joke now. It's just funny to me because I've said it for years. It's not to be taken seriously. 

I know if they took half the schools in Texas and shut them down all the studs would just go to schools that are open and continue to thrive and advance to college and the pros. 

All in good fun 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

My take on what he is saying is, he would rather pick "all-stars" from the two most populous states than try and pick the same amount of all-stars from the big state of Vermont.

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That don't increase number though

And for fact we produce players on a level of states like Texas and California with at least twice the teams in it says a lot about Florida and ability to produce talent across the state at a high level 

54 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That don't increase number though

And for fact we produce players on a level of states like Texas and California with at least twice the teams in it says a lot about Florida and ability to produce talent across the state at a high level 

It doesn't increase the number but it increases the per capita # Bull was presenting