Lowndes vs Parkview

GHSFPS

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

is this live?

No. This is a highlights reel recorded and produced by our friend here. 

Generally good stuff. 

Great guy that does a lot for state of Georgia high school football, and he doesn't get enough recognition for it imo. There's not many other people running to the big games and filming them from a fans perspective and putting together cool vidz of it. 

• Like 1

I enjoy these videos because he is recording from the stands so it kind of takes you to the atmosphere of the game whereas a lot of videos are done from the sidelines or press box and you are left out of hearing the fans. Good stuff. I can hear myself sounding just like these fans sometimes. haha. 

As an aside... Lowndes can probably actually score 14 on Colquitt. Maybe. 

Parkview just letting them put that thing on em. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Lowndes doesn't have a very good O-line. Colquitt County will have that QB running for his life.

I feel like he will definitely have to run. Colquitt is crazy good on D this season with the 33stack/3-5-3 hybrid stuff this season. Installing that particular scheme played perfectly into the talent that Colquitt has there on D. The thing is, HE CAN RUN, and he's good at it. I have yet to see anyone go far on the run against Colquitt though as far as strategically goes. 

Not trying to take this somewhere weird and go off the rails, but, I watched video of Shakir from VM coming in and I thought he may break one or two. He didn't. I watch video of Lowndes and have the same feeling, that between their bowling ball rb and QB, maybe they can break a run or two. I see similar O-lines between those two teams. 

In the OP video, I saw a soft Parkview defense. get exploited by a talented qb coming and going. I also saw some pretty bad special teams for Lowndes, but I guess it was probably the 2's or 3's or whatever. 

Lowndes is loaded! 

I'm biased.

Oh Woe Is Colquitt!  

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I feel like he will definitely have to run. Colquitt is crazy good on D this season with the 33stack/3-5-3 hybrid stuff this season. Installing that particular scheme played perfectly into the talent that Colquitt has there on D. The thing is, HE CAN RUN, and he's good at it. I have yet to see anyone go far on the run against Colquitt though as far as strategically goes. 

Not trying to take this somewhere weird and go off the rails, but, I watched video of Shakir from VM coming in and I thought he may break one or two. He didn't. I watch video of Lowndes and have the same feeling, that between their bowling ball rb and QB, maybe they can break a run or two. I see similar O-lines between those two teams. 

The thing with him is he isn't quick. I have a hard time believing he will extend many plays when he's running around. I think Lowndes are better off running right at Colquitt with QB draws, then having their QB trying to scramble and make plays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

The thing with him is he isn't quick. I have a hard time believing he will extend many plays when he's running around. I think Lowndes are better off running right at Colquitt with QB draws, then having their QB trying to scramble and make plays.

He doesn't hit top speed in two steps, but he's a load once he gets moving. 

I agree with that assessment though. He will have to scramble against Colquitt though. The trick for Colquitt will be to get him down or moving past the line of scrimmage before a wide out finally finds a soft spot or some separation. 

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Where are you getting that he isnt quick? Let me help... hes #1. Hes rated as an ATH.

http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Barrett-91118

In 2016, He was 132/213(.620) with  2,753 passing yards, 27 passing TDs and 6 INTs... to go along with 1,283 rushing yards and 21 TDs on 168 carries

45 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Where are you getting that he isnt quick? Let me help... hes #1. Hes rated as an ATH.

http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Barrett-91118

In 2016, He was 132/213(.620) with  2,753 passing yards, 27 passing TDs and 6 INTs... to go along with 1,283 rushing yards and 21 TDs on 168 carries

Added his stats from last year.

A guy with 1,283 rushing yard and over 2750 passing yards cant extend plays.

Barrett is fast... he also runs hard.

I found 2 40 times for him... 1 is 4.43, the other 4.5.

34 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Added his stats from last year.

A guy with 1,283 rushing yard and over 2750 passing yards cant extend plays.

Barrett is fast... he also runs hard.

I found 2 40 times for him... 1 is 4.43, the other 4.5.

Who cares about his stats? We're talking about quickness and you bring up his stats.

You must have missed his Sparq testing time. Where they time electronically.

40 time: 4.67

Shuttle: 4.4

A quick guy doesn't run the shuttle in 4.40(That's very average quickness wise)

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/220687/michael-barrett

25 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah no way hes extending any plays.

Extending plays against a typical H.S defense and against a top notch H.S. defense are two different things.

How well did Martell extend plays against STA? Martell is much quicker than this guy too.

From the game that I watched Colquitt play in this season, they're quick upfront, and that QB will tire out after one or two scrambles where he's not able to get away.  Similar to Robinson of Bishop Gorman against Mater Dei, and he's quicker than this guy as well.

46 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Who cares about his stats? We're talking about quickness and you bring up his stats.

You must have missed his Sparq testing time. Where they time electronically.

40 time: 4.67

Shuttle: 4.4

A quick guy doesn't run the shuttle in 4.40(That's very average quickness wise)

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/220687/michael-barrett

Stats tell you a lot more than eye test quickness results. They tell you how he performs on the FIELD. Which is what matters. 

Hes shifty and a hard runner. They also have Travis Tisdale and Tayvonn Kyle. Which brings a good combo of power and speed.

Their offense one of the best in GA.

Barrett may not be quite as quick as Martell but he brings much more power.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Stats tell you a lot more than eye test quickness results. They tell you how he performs on the FIELD. Which is what matters. 

Hes shifty and a hard runner. They also have Travis Tisdale and Tayvonn Kyle. Which brings a good combo of power and speed.

Their offense one of the best in GA.

Barrett may not be quite as quick as Martell but he brings much more power.

Stats against good opponents.

I just watched last years Colquitt vs Lowndes game. Exactly what I posted above that Lowndes should do, they did against Colquitt with success. Running QB draws with him is exactly how they moved the ball on Colquitt last year. He never could scramble on them, they were either sacking him or forcing him into throwing errant passes when he tried scrambling.

He was 7 of 20 passing against them, but ran for 169 yards all on draws or read options. None of them were scrambles that extended plays.