Bellevue playoff ban lifted

Ararar

39 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Allowed. 

Funny how the brain can read a word that is clearly misspelled, but the brain understands what the authors intent was and will disregard the fact it is spelled wrong, unless your really paying close attention, which clearly you were. In other words didn't even see the error until you pointed it out lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nascar624 said:

Funny how the brain can read a word that is clearly misspelled, but the brain understands what the authors intent was and will disregard the fact it is spelled wrong, unless your really paying close attention, which clearly you were. In other words didn't even see the error until you pointed it out lol.

I saw a study on this.Whole paragraphs were misspelled on purpose except for the first and last letter of each word.It had no affect on the readers ability to understand and read every word perfectly 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Ararar said:

I saw a study on this.Whole paragraphs were misspelled on purpose except for the first and last letter of each word.It had no affect on the readers ability to understand and read every word perfectly 

This exercise was exactly what I thought about when I first saw this error. Being grammatically correct in my job is of the utmost importance, so I actually had a training class where we were given a story to read that contained many misspelled words and we were to correct it. The purpose of the exercise was to show how easy it is to overlook errors and overlooking errors is even easier to do when your proofreading your own work. 

The tip we learned from the exercise was to read what you wrote backwards. That will allow you to better spot your errors. 

For the record I don't do this in forums, so excuse the errors I might make when I post 😉.

1 hour ago, nascar624 said:

This exercise was exactly what I thought about when I first saw this error. Being grammatically correct in my job is of the utmost importance, so I actually had a training class where we were given a story to read that contained many misspelled words and we were to correct it. The purpose of the exercise was to show how easy it is to overlook errors and overlooking errors is even easier to do when your proofreading your own work. 

The tip we learned from the exercise was to read what you wrote backwards. That will allow you to better spot your errors. 

For the record I don't do this in forums, so excuse the errors I might make when I post 😉.

you're excused

• Haha 3