USD ICHS Stock market

golfaddict1

I’ve mentioned multiple times about “safety net” money market and/or short term treasuries being ideal for quite awhile and yesterday was another spike to treasuries.  

I’ve been loading up on this hybrid 2/3 MM/cash instruments and 1/3 Highly rated corp bonds.  No junk bonds and ultra short term.  

5.62% 30 day yield just updated minutes ago from upper 5.4% range.    

Just one more fyi to all and money markets (MM) are ideal to park cash.  

IMG_6274.png

IMG_6275.jpeg

IMG_6276.jpeg

IMG_6277.jpeg

• golfaddict1 changed the title to USD ICHS Stock market
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like challenges and I’m fully transparent.  

Like they say about mechanics, they keep all customers happy, but their own vehicles still need work usually.   

I manage my kids portfolios and wife and I.  Different goals and targets.   

Son - heavy crypto, no cash, tech w earnings 

Daughter - Tech heavy, large cap growth heavy,  high pct cash

Wife/I:  Preservation, growth/income secondary 

The bottom # is actual (top # is if I made no changes).  

I’m not happy with Wife/I 1 year perf.  It’s 48.5% of my target index goal.  That’s crap and I’ve been playing catch up since May.  The bottom # is below actual, which means my tinkering sucked.

I’m closing in, but have work to do.  My YTD is about 60 pct of target index goal, which I’m cool with.  By year end, l’d like to see this get to 65%.  

IMG_7349.jpeg

IMG_7348.jpeg

IMG_7350.jpeg

💪 🙌🏼 

Core CPI at 2 year low per CNBC. 

The market is cranking.  😮 

Good news, $ for all!  Enjoy your 401K and IRA balance rise in next month’s mailed statement (barring international shit hit fan worsening) 

Bad news, my goal of 65% perf on my target index by end of year is likely shot.
Days like this, I’m lucky to get 50% of target index.  I’m safety net focused and that can’t compete on petal to the metal days. 

My son will be negative on the day pretty badly, due to crypto being down.  

My daughter should do better than me, as she has less cash and bonds than I do.  

IMG_7371.jpeg

IMG_7370.jpeg

IMG_7369.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Better but still work to do.  

EVERY state should be offering a finance class in HS.   

Video below with data 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/12/04/making-the-grade-in-financial-literacy-more-states-require-students-to-take-personal-finance-course.html

Finance/Economics should be one of the most important subjects in any school. That is something every person will use in their life. The same can’t be said about physics. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

71% for wife and I on Morningstar’s index target and 66% for S&P500 index.  

I’m pleased overall.   Nov/Dec was a solid Santa Claus rally.  

Crypto aided my son’s performance for 2023, passing 100% and I beat the S&P500 with my daughter’s portfolio, with no crypto and a money market balance.  I’m pleased with 2023 overall.   Onto 2024 starting at 0.00 % tomorrow.  

IMG_7943.jpeg

IMG_7946.jpeg

IMG_7944.jpeg

IMG_7945.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

False alarm, but latest news seems to be that a decision will be made tomorrow, possibly after closing.   

https://www.reuters.com/technology/us-sec-has-not-approved-bitcoin-etfs-social-media-account-compromised-2024-01-09/

#bitcoinetf?  

As expected, it was approved after closing.  

Ethereum cranked today on the expected news.  

Eventually, they’ll be Ethereum ETF’s, as long as the Bitcoinetf’s run smoothly.  

It’s been very volatile since buying, but if the 3 viewers who read this thread have a strong stomach…. the recent news in the Red Sea plus wicked dividend yields may be an option to boost your portfolio.  

I’ve never owned shares in a stock with such low volume as Hapag Lloyd AG, and due to this, there is a wide disparity between buy/sell NAV and it fluctuates a lot without the NAV even budging at times, which is frustrating.  

Just 1% position, but if a big dip occurs, it will rise up to maybe 2%, we’ll see.  

This nuisance likely won’t be ending anytime soon.   

IMG_8148.jpeg

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

It’s been very volatile since buying, but if the 3 viewers who read this thread have a strong stomach…. the recent news in the Red Sea plus wicked dividend yields may be an option to boost your portfolio.  

I’ve never owned shares in a stock with such low volume as Hapag Lloyd AG, and due to this, there is a wide disparity between buy/sell NAV and it fluctuates a lot without the NAV even budging at times, which is frustrating.  

Just 1% position, but if a big dip occurs, it will rise up to maybe 2%, we’ll see.  

This nuisance likely won’t be ending anytime soon.   

IMG_8148.jpeg

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/15/red-sea-vessel-off-the-coast-of-yemen-struck-by-missile-uk-says.html

Thankfully, no injuries sustained. 

• 2 months later...

@ChimpGrip as mentioned prior on this side, my goal is to track the Morningstar market index  (1300 plus companies, mostly large cap with small cap holdings).  

My up to date data thru Friday.  

The first chart is the MS Market index.  The 2nd chart is the S&P500 index (no fees on these not traded indexes) vs my included expense fees reduced performance, plus my cash gain from money markets isn’t included in my performance either.  Thats 2 strikes against me.  

Had a crappy 2022 and 2023 was improving mid year.   Since, I’m very pleased.    The overall is not my overall.  It’s from maybe 7-8 years back.   Many years of full throttle 100 pct equities is not included, unfortunately.  

My 3 year chart is having issues showing and @Bormiounderstands.  😂 (prior mention you made and partly true).   

Sold MSTR last week for a sweet gain and also sold DVN for an 18 pct gain, fairly quickly.  

The neg showing intraday is from ethe buys before a later dip.  
So I start Monday a tad neg.  

IMG_9275.jpeg

IMG_9276.jpeg

IMG_9277.jpeg

IMG_9278.jpeg

IMG_9282.jpeg