My 2 cent

TheMaximumHornetSting

Shits gone crazy... 

And I can't get Jiggy with this shit... 

I've given my opinion already on Isreal-Hamas situation... 

Hamas is a horrible representative for their people...

Unfortunately at the same time bombing and killing all these civilians is only likely to radicalize the youth against Netanyahu.... 

Speaking of Netanyahu.... 

He needs to go out the door along with Hamas.... 

Both groups deserve better... 

Whats about to happen (if it already hasn't) is these attacks are gonna become more and more indiscriminate... 

And the war is going to spread... 

Netanyahu has put countries around the world (including allies) in an uncomfortable position... 

Even if Hamas surrenders I dont see Netanyahu backing down until he's turned Gaza into an uninhabitable wasteland and its citizens into fertilizer.... 

That being said... 

I feel for the civilians of Gaza 

And I feel for the Isreali's who know where this is headed and have to live under Netanyahu... 

Now this leads into my recent observation... 

Zionist has become a new buzzword... 

Just like how Communist is used as a buzzword....

And I'm afraid we are entering some dangerous turf here and Tik Tok is no help I've seen some disgusting stuff come out of both sides of the aisle on this conflict with people mocking dead Palestinians and people openly threatening Jews and promoting antisemitism...

But to top that off as always some how we get around to blaming America for everything...

Which has led to people promoting Osamas letter which states some stuff about Zionist running America... 

And Ima be frank here... 

1. If you come at me promoting or supporting ANYTHING that was written by Osama Bin Laden.... You've lost me... 

2. His letter is no less conspiracy theory fodder than the random uncle that talks about how Jews control every facet of our lives.... 

3. The shit in the letter is nothing new its shit that ANYONE who pays attention to the world around them could come to a conclusion about on their own.... 

So to sit up here and propogate shit from Osama is an insult to not only America but to yourself... 

We all know our country has done some wrongs and stuck their hands in some cookie jars where they didn't belong. You can pick up a history book and read about that shit we got people out here getting awe struck by a fucking terrorist... 

What the hell is going on?!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Shits gone crazy... 

Unfortunately at the same time bombing and killing all these civilians is only likely to radicalize the youth against Netanyahu.... 

Whats about to happen (if it already hasn't) is these attacks are gonna become more and more indiscriminate... 

Netanyahu has put countries around the world (including allies) in an uncomfortable position... 

Even if Hamas surrenders I dont see Netanyahu backing down until he's turned Gaza into an uninhabitable wasteland and its citizens into fertilizer.... 

That being said... 

And I feel for the Isreali's who know where this is headed and have to live under Netanyahu... 

And I'm afraid we are entering some dangerous turf here and Tik Tok is no help I've seen some disgusting stuff come out of both sides of the aisle on this conflict with people mocking dead Palestinians and people openly threatening Jews and promoting antisemitism...

But to top that off as always some how we get around to blaming America for everything...

Which has led to people promoting Osamas letter which states some stuff about Zionist running America... 

And Ima be frank here... 

1. If you come at me promoting or supporting ANYTHING that was written by Osama Bin Laden.... You've lost me... 

2. His letter is no less conspiracy theory fodder than the random uncle that talks about how Jews control every facet of our lives.... 

3. The shit in the letter is nothing new its shit that ANYONE who pays attention to the world around them could come to a conclusion about on their own.... 

So to sit up here and propogate shit from Osama is an insult to not only America but to yourself... 

We all know our country has done some wrongs and stuck their hands in some cookie jars where they didn't belong. You can pick up a history book and read about that shit we got people out here getting awe struck by a fucking terrorist... 

We told u this was gonna happen for years max, years, y’all thought orange man was the worst thing but in reality he was the guy holding this world in one piece, y’all fed into the mainstream leftist media now look where we are

millions of Middle East immigrants are running havoc throughout the east and west coast

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

First of all Max...excellent post!

That being said, I'm hoping that the section that I have cited above, will not prove to be accurate.

1. I think the Israelis realize that most Gaza residents are NOT Hamas members. Additionally, there hasn't been an election there since 2006. 

2. The Israeli's have provided safe corridors (during certain hours of the day) for the civilians, and foreigners to head south to avoid the fighting.

3. The Israelis are employing something known there as "roof knocking." 

Roof knocking (Hebrew: הקש בגג) or "knocks on the roof" is a term used by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) to describe its practice of dropping non-explosive or low-yield devices on the roofs of targeted civilian homes in the Palestinian territories as a prior warning of imminent bombing attacks to give the inhabitants time to flee the attack. (I have also seen the same technique used on a very large building, which occurred during a newscast, live).

https://nypost.com/2021/05/20/video-shows-israeli-roof-knock-before-gaza-building-bombed/

Civilians will, of course, be casualties of this or any war, but it appears to me that there are steps being taken to minimize those casualties.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Shits gone crazy... 

That being said... 

And Ima be frank here... 

God forbid there’s another 911 in this country, u don’t think we should bomb the shit out of the country if they were responsible for the attack, October 7,8th Gaza Palestine west banks, flooded the streets celebrating the attack, so no I don’t blame Israel, Palestine played the game of fuck around and find out, and now that they turned Gaza in to a parking lot now they want a ceasefire lol, don’t work like that,

gaza needs to understand in this life that actions have  an equal or greater consequences

On 11/17/2023 at 9:26 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Shits gone crazy... 

That being said... 

And Ima be frank here... 

Thoughtful post Sting, thank you for sharing it.

I always find the Israel-Palestinian issue incredibly difficult to comprehend or write about in an intelligent way because I have deep, reflexive sympathy for both sides and yet so often abhor their behavior toward one another. This war is more complicated than any other —religion, power imbalance, racism, territorial dispute, ancient historical animosity, oppression, colonialism are all present here.

Some sources of information I've found useful to help me understand and navigate the confusion include:

• Thomas Friedman - Normally I like to make fun of his "I talked to a cab driver" columns.  But when it comes to the Isreali Palestine conflict, he has been on top the issue for almost 5 decades.  He knows all the history and all the players, and his columns and interviews since Oct 7 have been quite illuminating.
  • David French - His columns about ethical warfare and international humanitarian law are based on his experience running the effort in Mosul.  Nuanced and informative. I can dig up links if you like.
  • Ezra Klein has been doing an excellent series of podcasts from many points of view, Israeli, Palestinian, government, religious, civilian, etc..  I found this week's interview with Rabbi Brous (American) to be a beautiful  articulation of the struggle to find a way forward, asking many of the same questions I have.  Challenging, difficult, nuanced, and yet still hopeful.  Can find on Apple Podcast.  Link.   
  • President Biden wrote an important piece in the WaPo last night.  I believe the paywall is removed.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/11/18/joe-biden-gaza-hamas-putin/ 

Take care.

23 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Thoughtful post Sting, thank you for sharing it.

I always find the Israel-Palestinian issue incredibly difficult to comprehend or write about in an intelligent way because I have deep, reflexive sympathy for both sides and yet so often abhor their behavior toward one another. This war is more complicated than any other —religion, power imbalance, racism, territorial dispute, ancient historical animosity, oppression, colonialism are all present here.

Some sources of information I've found useful to help me understand and navigate the confusion include:

• Thomas Friedman - Normally I like to make fun of his "I talked to a cab driver" columns.  But when it comes to the Isreali Palestine conflict, he has been on top the issue for almost 5 decades.  He knows all the history and all the players, and his columns and interviews since Oct 7 have been quite illuminating.
  • David French - His columns about ethical warfare and international humanitarian law are based on his experience running the effort in Mosul.  Nuanced and informative. I can dig up links if you like.
  • Ezra Klein has been doing an excellent series of podcasts from many points of view, Israeli, Palestinian, government, religious, civilian, etc..  I found this week's interview with Rabbi Brous (American) to be a beautiful  articulation of the struggle to find a way forward, asking many of the same questions I have.  Challenging, difficult, nuanced, and yet still hopeful.  Can find on Apple Podcast.  Link.   
  • President Biden wrote an important piece in the WaPo last night.  I believe the paywall is removed.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/11/18/joe-biden-gaza-hamas-putin/ 

Take care.

One thing that kind of sent me on edge was when I heard about the refugee camp (Practical massacre). They found a hamas commander hiding amongst the refugees so in my mind this is the type of thing you send a strike team in for since it was only 1 target right? 

But no... 

Why waste soldiers when you can  waste civilians instead... 

So they rocket an entire refugee camp for one man?  

Thats beyond wild... 

I like listening to all sides before making a judgement call. 

I know Isreal has a L O N G history of abusing the Palestinians and the world for the most part....just kinda never reigned em in. 

Looking at history it also seems that a fraction of Palestinians also hurt their own people through means such as corruption and coup attempts in other countries that tried to help them. 

Now Hamas leads them and like @Slotback Right said in another post they don't have a choice unfortunately. And not all Palestinians are pro-Hamas. 

And if what I read was correct it seems when they took power barely 1/3rd of Palestinians had a favorable view of them.... 

• Like 1