Military Channel - Pluto TV (free)

golfaddict1

Fantastic channel 👍🏻

Been watching quite a bit of their WWll Chronicles in recent days.  

Numerous daily updates of strategy, code breaking, results, meetings, country flag positions on maps  etc.  Solid work.  

Surreal example… At Checkpoint Charlie, 12 US and 12 Russian tanks in a staredown for 16 straight hours.  Then all of a sudden, Russian tanks retreat and so do the U.S.  tanks.   

*was a very cool experience for me visiting Checkpoint Charlie, the Wall, an air raid/nuclear bomb shelter bunker tour, etc. in Berlin.  
Also enjoyed Berliner bier w family.  😊

IMG_7544.jpeg

Watched another program the other night and forgot to mention earlier.   

Japan attacked China in 1937 and did horrific acts, similar to Hamas on a MUCH larger scale with women and young girls being mentioned.  :( 

US worked the embargo and tough stance, but obviously the Japan interest in the Pacific region received undivided attention from the U.S. and rest of world after the infamous Pearl Harbor attack in 1941.

“World” War it sure was, with some cool allies helping along the way for the good guys.    

Hitler’s fake Poland incident setup on Aug 31, resulted in the invasion of Poland the next day 1939.   Dec 7,  1941 the observing and sleepy USA (they knew about war atrocities and death camps from Hitler) woke up angry, very…

Let’s not forget the Japan invasion of China and its spooling strength presence first, no matter what historical date is used for WWll. 

11 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Watched another program the other night and forgot to mention earlier.   

Japan attacked China in 1937 and did horrific acts, similar to Hamas on a MUCH larger scale with women and young girls being mentioned.  :( 

US worked the embargo and tough stance, but obviously the Japan interest in the Pacific region received undivided attention from the U.S. and rest of world after the infamous Pearl Harbor attack in 1941.

“World” War it sure was, with some cool allies helping along the way for the good guys.    

Hitler’s fake Poland incident setup on Aug 31, resulted in the invasion of Poland the next day 1939.   Dec 7,  1941 the observing and sleepy USA (they knew about war atrocities and death camps from Hitler) woke up angry, very…

Let’s not forget the Japan invasion of China and its spooling strength presence first, no matter what historical date is used for WWll. 

How the tides have turned regarding US allies.

6 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

How the tides have turned regarding US allies.

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Peace sells, but who’s buying - Megadeath 

I just learned about the famous actor Jimmy Stewart and his flying mission heroics.  

He didn’t subscribe to the special care treatment and kept signing up for hostile flying missions.  

Do you know what he means by the 'tides have turned regarding US allies'?  

47 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Do you know what he means by the 'tides have turned regarding US allies'?  

Didn’t really think too deeply, but now that I smell some smoke…  😊 Japan and China I’m guessing? 

China was a military weakling back then, esp compared to now. 
Japan was the aggressor.  
China focused on building their military after the Japanese more hostile attack again and with Japanese limits on surrender signing.  Pearl Harbor attack gave China quite an imposing fighting power pal in the U.S. 

Both Japan and China are strong militarily today of course and the Taiwan area is sensitive with USA military observing and training Allies, just in case.  Expensive cat and mouse games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Didn’t really think too deeply, but now that I smell some smoke…  😊 Japan and China I’m guessing? 

China was a military weakling back then, esp compared to now. 
Japan was the aggressor.  
China focused on building their military after the Japanese more hostile attack again and with Japanese limits on surrender signing.  Pearl Harbor attack gave China quite an imposing fighting power pal in the U.S. 

Both Japan and China are strong militarily today of course and the Taiwan area is sensitive with USA military observing and training Allies, just in case.  Expensive cat and mouse games. 

Didn't help.  Lol  

It is interesting how divergent people's knowledge of...everything.  Especially in today's world with such a large % of the populace ideologically opposed to answering correctly questions that they knew the answers to 10 years ago.

I love those history programs and watch discussions on CSPAN when I can catch them.  Of course, books are a nice way to learn about stuff.  Lol  

China is an interesting country.  Imagine if they had a few centuries of being a nation to work stuff out.  It has only been a short time that they have been unified in any sense of the word.  Hell, imagine what we could do if we were all like minded.  The sky would be the limit.  Shame we don't choose to do so.  

Taiwan...would hate for war to break out over that.  Expensive and unnecessary.   

On 11/27/2023 at 10:12 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Peace sells, but who’s buying - Megadeath 

I just learned about the famous actor Jimmy Stewart and his flying mission heroics.  

He didn’t subscribe to the special care treatment and kept signing up for hostile flying missions.  

https://x.com/michaelwarbur17/status/1729554066982818084?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

This clip showed up on my feed this am.    

Any dog owner or cat owner will feel this one big time.  My dog turned 15 yrs old this month.  Gotta appreciate each day.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance was a great flick with Jimmy and John Wayne btw.  

• Like 1