Clearwater Academy shutting down it's football program.

Ga96

On 2/9/2024 at 11:20 AM, Ga96 said:

And you can bet everything you have that nearby schools will do everything in their power to “attract” these kids to their campuses. The transfer situation is just out of control in Florida. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

And you can bet everything you have that nearby schools will do everything in their power to “attract” these kids to their campuses. The transfer situation is just out of control in Florida. 

Isn’t Venice one of the most beneficial teams for transfers? Your QB is from hours away. And these kids would hardly be “transferring” in the same sense as others. 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Isn’t Venice one of the most beneficial teams for transfers? Your QB is from hours away. And these kids would hardly be “transferring” in the same sense as others. 

Just because my team has been the beneficiary of transfers doesn’t mean I can’t also think there’s something wrong with it. Example:

The transfer movement has widened the gap between the, “haves,” and the, “have nots,” to the point where nobody in Sarasota County will ever be able to feasibly compete with Venice on a regular basis. Why? Because unless Manatee, Booker, Port Charlotte, or Riverview have an exceptional year with returning talent, or get high level transfers of their own, Venice would steamroll all of them because they have monopolized Sarasota County’s talent pool.

It’s just not fair. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 8:20 AM, Ga96 said:

I'm not fully understanding what they are saying.  They have "outgrown" FL and need to create a national schedule, I'm guessing because they are too good for FL hsfb and no teams want to play them yet they went 5-5 last year?  So the had to try to put together a national schedule and don't have the resources so that's why they are shutting down?  They are a "national powerhouse" that everyone in fl is too scurred to play, but they went 5-5?  Who wrote their statement?  GSB?  

• Haha 4