BREAKING NEWS ATTN: RedZone Hoover boys and girls basketball make final 4 again.

HooverOutlaw

Going into tonight's first games of the playoffs, the Grayson girls and boys are both ranked #1 in the state.  The girls are undefeated at 27-0 and the boys at 25-2 are undefeated in the state with their two losses coming during out of state tournaments.  Looks like we play tomorrow night.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Fred said:

Going into tonight's first games of the playoffs, the Grayson girls and boys are both ranked #1 in the state.  The girls are undefeated at 27-0 and the boys at 25-2 are undefeated in the state with their two losses coming during out of state tournaments.  Looks like we play tomorrow night.

Grayson should win both IMO.

Our girls upset Bob Jones who were #1 in 7A advancing to the final 4. Girls now are a slight favorite to win it. Our girls are down compared to the last 7 years but put it together in the most important game of the year. 

Boys are probably 50/50 they should play Huntsville in the finals. 

10 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Our girls upset Bob Jones who were #1 in 7A advancing to the final 4. Girls now are a slight favorite to win it. Our girls are down compared to the last 7 years but put it together in the most important game of the year. 

I remember Hazel Green being a girls power. Are they in the final 4 also? Or, are they in a different class? 

47 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I remember Hazel Green being a girls power. Are they in the final 4 also? Or, are they in a different class? 

They are in 6A and are in the final 4 which starts next week in Birmingham. 

We played them twice this year both times at Hazel Green and split with them and beat them last year. They should win 6A again. They are similar to Hoover this year being down vs the last several years. 

The 3 best teams in Alabama are Hoover , Bob Jones and Hazel Green this year if they played each other 10 times they probably go 5-5 vs each other.  First time in many years since Alabama did not have a true girls top 25 team. Being in 6A is a major advantage to Hazel Green. 

John Curtis vs Hoover might be good girls basketball for those into that.

John Curtis thumped  Alabama 7A Power Sparkman this year. I remember reading about it.

Sparkman split games with Bob Jones this year.

John Curtis girls may win state here and they may not.

In the world of girls stuff John Curtis is a force here in softball, basketball and especially track and field

Carry on! 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

John Curtis vs Hoover might be good girls basketball for those into that.

John Curtis thumped  Alabama 7A Power Sparkman this year. I remember reading about it.

Sparkman split games with Bob Jones this year.

John Curtis girls may win state here and they may not.

In the world of girls stuff John Curtis is a force here in softball, basketball and especially track and field

Carry on! 

Sparkman did not even win a game at regionals the sweet 16 is as far as they made it.  One fluke win over Bob Jones does not equal to them being a power. 

Tell us again how your basketball teams are doing?

28 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Sparkman did not even win a game at regionals the sweet 16 is as far as they made it.  One fluke win over Bob Jones does not equal to them being a power. 

Tell us again how your basketball teams are doing?

I don't really care enough to debate it.

I know Sparkman was ranked #5 in 7A Alabama.

I know also Sparkman split with Bob Jones (2 close games) and lost by 6 points to Hazel Green. Two of the teams you said were so great.

Other than that I don't really care and it can be whatever you want it to be.

Screenshot_20240222-101935-732.png

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't really care enough to debate it.

I know Sparkman was ranked #5 in 7A Alabama.

I know also Sparkman split with Bob Jones (2 close games) and lost by 6 points to Hazel Green. Two of the teams you said were so great.

Other than that I don't really care and it can be whatever you want it to be.

Screenshot_20240222-101935-732.png

I said they were the best in Alabama not great you said that. As you well see Maxpreps was wrong ranking Sparkman so high. 

8 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I said they were the best in Alabama not great you said that. As you well see Maxpreps was wrong ranking Sparkman so high. 

Your final 7A State Poll had Sparkman #2.

Cya, old man.

Alabama Sports Writers Association high school basketball rankings, the last of the season, began with teams reporting results to their local sports writers, and those writers nominating teams for consideration.

GIRLS

CLASS 7A

1. Bob Jones (25-3)

2. Sparkman (19-7)

3. Vestavia Hills (24-4)

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Your final 7A State Poll had Sparkman #2.

Cya, old man.

Alabama Sports Writers Association high school basketball rankings, the last of the season, began with teams reporting results to their local sports writers, and those writers nominating teams for consideration.

GIRLS

CLASS 7A

1. Bob Jones (25-3)

2. Sparkman (19-7)

3. Vestavia Hills (24-4)

Their poll is even worse than maxpreps. Those 3 top teams they have listed none made the final 4.  Using this poll in anyway is worthless.  These sportswriters are clueless about girls basketball and basketball in general.  Only the clueless thought Sparkman was the number #2 team in 7A.