New format being proposed for Georgia high school athletics

Ga96

On 3/2/2024 at 9:20 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yet... 

Yet is the keyword here... 

The top 15 fastest growing cities and Counties in South GA: 

1. Guyton,GA-Effingham County (One of the most affordable places in the state they still have really nice places you can rent under 1K... and the population is booming its in the top 50 nationally)  coastal GA counties are experiencing a massive boom. 

2. Valdosta,GA-Lowndes County 

3. Saint Mary's,GA-Camden County (coastal GA)  Saint Marys is freaking amazing... 

4. Waycross,GA-Ware County,GA-Waycross benefits from being both a major national  junction  and Bedroom community for Jacksonville,FL and Valdosta,GA. Waycross is close to Savannah as well... its been quietly growing and growing... 

5. Savannah-Tybee Island,GA-Chatham County. The @HurricaneNick and @Cossacks Ilk are literally buying up Land in Savannah as we speak... when I was living there the neighbors on both sides of me where from Socal... one from San Bernadino and one from Oxnard. (Coastal GA) 

6. Brunswick-Jekyll Island&Sea Island-Glynn County (Coastal GA) 

7. Moultrie,GA-Colquitt County 

8. Douglas,GA- Coffee County 

9. Leesburg,GA-Lee County 

10. Tifton,GA-Tift County 

11. Thomasville,GA-Thomas County 

12. Richmond Hills,GA-Bryan and Chatham County- Rich Community apart of the Savannah Metro area... all the stable families tired of Atlanta,GA Charleston,SC  and Jacksonville,FL are moving here... it extends a small portion into chatham county. 

13. Donalsonville,GA-Seminole County-. My uncle used to talk about how it was only a matter of time he used to take me fishing down at seminole state park and George F. Walton Dam. 

Seminole County benefits from being less than 20 minutes from Dothan,AL and under an hour from Tallahasse,FL under 2 hours from Panama City and under an  hour from the Gulf of Mexico. Seminole County has A port being built on the massive Mouth of the mighty  Chattahoochee River which actually splits through  the county. and Seminole Counties massive amounts of untapped land and location to the gulf and direct access to it via the Chattahooche has started to attract alot of big businesses and jobs to the area. 

14.  Bainbridge,GA-Decatur County. A bedroom community for Tallahassee,FL and a Major port city for both GA and FL... the Flint River branches off and splits  Bainbridge clean in half the Chattahoochee also cuts through it. 

15. King Bay,Ga-Camden County (Coastal GA) no exaggeration the growth Camden County is getting is ridiculous. Kings Bay is home to the USA militarys Nuclear Launch capable Sea Wolf Class Submarines... you can actually go to the place but no you absolutely can not see the Active war ready military weaponry for several reasons... 

I hear you but population doesn't= talent especially when the talent you are facing is recruited into one team. If all things were equal then again I would agree I just haven't seen the ghsa or Georgia in general be on equal football.

14 hours ago, Ga96 said:

I hear you but population doesn't= talent especially when the talent you are facing is recruited into one team. If all things were equal then again I would agree I just haven't seen the ghsa or Georgia in general be on equal football.

Then you aren't paying attention.  the whole private school multiplier is an attempt at equalization.  You need to get over your hurt of not being king of the hill any more.

Population may not equal talent but when the pool is higher, there generally is more talent.  One of the things holding S Ga back is the lack of mobility both in job and in housing.  With a higher population, there are more of both.  By the way, there is less recruiting up here than you think, at least on a semi formal basis.  But again because of the population and proximity, many, many of the players up here know many of the other players and they see each other and talk at the various camps, events, and just daily life.  There are 7 or 8 7A schools within 10 road miles of my house.  That's a lot of students in a small area.  Each of the high school clusters supports a population of the same approximate population as Colquitt or Lowndes counties.  Think about that.  7 or 8 equivalent south Georgia counties within 10 road miles of me.

• Like 1