New format being proposed for Georgia high school athletics

Ga96

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

First of the GHSA needs to get its bS multiplier straight

Better yet. Statewide open enrollment which is the way it was until whatever year Moultrie High became Colquitt County. If you can get there, you can play there. 🤟🏻

I think state wide open enrollment would kill the sport in Georgia just like Florida. Florida coaches hate it even the ones that benefit from it. Nobody is moving by the buss load to South Georgia no matter how good the teams and facilities are. We will all just be sitting at home come playoffs. 

For example Lowndes has never had a 4 or 5 star transfer. Even the kids that adam carter has recruited none of them are ranked or top tier talent. Meanwhile Carrollton has brought in multiple 4 stars just this off season.

• Like 1

If there is a model that can get everyone on a near equal playing field I'm all for it. I just don't see open enrollment as an equal playing field. Or if they want open enrollment have 1 open enrollment division.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

I think state wide open enrollment would kill the sport in Georgia just like Florida. Florida coaches hate it even the ones that benefit from it. Nobody is moving by the buss load to South Georgia no matter how good the teams and facilities are. We will all just be sitting at home come playoffs. 

For example Lowndes has never had a 4 or 5 star transfer. Even the kids that adam carter has recruited none of them are ranked or top tier talent. Meanwhile Carrollton has brought in multiple 4 stars just this off season.

Hoover  has never a 4 or 5 star transfer in. We had a 3 star rb 15 years ago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Open enrollment would allow just a few schools to load up every year worse than what metro Atlanta is doing now. 

Speaking of loading up the billy goats girls smoked the vikings girls 66-25.

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Open enrollment would allow just a few schools to load up every year worse than what metro Atlanta is doing now. 

The only coaches I've seen in florida that were ok with open enrollment were sta,img,miami central, and american heritage. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Yet... 

Yet is the keyword here... 

The top 15 fastest growing cities and Counties in South GA: 

1. Guyton,GA-Effingham County (One of the most affordable places in the state they still have really nice places you can rent under 1K... and the population is booming its in the top 50 nationally)  coastal GA counties are experiencing a massive boom. 

2. Valdosta,GA-Lowndes County 

3. Saint Mary's,GA-Camden County (coastal GA)  Saint Marys is freaking amazing... 

4. Waycross,GA-Ware County,GA-Waycross benefits from being both a major national  junction  and Bedroom community for Jacksonville,FL and Valdosta,GA. Waycross is close to Savannah as well... its been quietly growing and growing... 

5. Savannah-Tybee Island,GA-Chatham County. The @HurricaneNick and @Cossacks Ilk are literally buying up Land in Savannah as we speak... when I was living there the neighbors on both sides of me where from Socal... one from San Bernadino and one from Oxnard. (Coastal GA) 

6. Brunswick-Jekyll Island&Sea Island-Glynn County (Coastal GA) 

7. Moultrie,GA-Colquitt County 

8. Douglas,GA- Coffee County 

9. Leesburg,GA-Lee County 

10. Tifton,GA-Tift County 

11. Thomasville,GA-Thomas County 

12. Richmond Hills,GA-Bryan and Chatham County- Rich Community apart of the Savannah Metro area... all the stable families tired of Atlanta,GA Charleston,SC  and Jacksonville,FL are moving here... it extends a small portion into chatham county. 

13. Donalsonville,GA-Seminole County-. My uncle used to talk about how it was only a matter of time he used to take me fishing down at seminole state park and George F. Walton Dam. 

Seminole County benefits from being less than 20 minutes from Dothan,AL and under an hour from Tallahasse,FL under 2 hours from Panama City and under an  hour from the Gulf of Mexico. Seminole County has A port being built on the massive Mouth of the mighty  Chattahoochee River which actually splits through  the county. and Seminole Counties massive amounts of untapped land and location to the gulf and direct access to it via the Chattahooche has started to attract alot of big businesses and jobs to the area. 

14.  Bainbridge,GA-Decatur County. A bedroom community for Tallahassee,FL and a Major port city for both GA and FL... the Flint River branches off and splits  Bainbridge clean in half the Chattahoochee also cuts through it. 

15. King Bay,Ga-Camden County (Coastal GA) no exaggeration the growth Camden County is getting is ridiculous. Kings Bay is home to the USA militarys Nuclear Launch capable Sea Wolf Class Submarines... you can actually go to the place but no you absolutely can not see the Active war ready military weaponry for several reasons... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yet... 

Yet is the keyword here... 

The top 15 fastest growing cities and Counties in South GA: 

1. Guyton,GA-Effingham County (One of the most affordable places in the state they still have really nice places you can rent under 1K... and the population is booming its in the top 50 nationally)  coastal GA counties are experiencing a massive boom. 

2. Valdosta,GA-Lowndes County 

3. Saint Mary's,GA-Camden County (coastal GA)  Saint Marys is freaking amazing... 

4. Waycross,GA-Ware County,GA-Waycross benefits from being both a major national  junction  and Bedroom community for Jacksonville,FL and Valdosta,GA. Waycross is close to Savannah as well... its been quietly growing and growing... 

5. Savannah-Tybee Island,GA-Chatham County. The @HurricaneNick and @Cossacks Ilk are literally buying up Land in Savannah as we speak... when I was living there the neighbors on both sides of me where from Socal... one from San Bernadino and one from Oxnard. (Coastal GA) 

6. Brunswick-Jekyll Island&Sea Island-Glynn County (Coastal GA) 

7. Moultrie,GA-Colquitt County 

8. Douglas,GA- Coffee County 

9. Leesburg,GA-Lee County 

10. Tifton,GA-Tift County 

11. Thomasville,GA-Thomas County 

12. Richmond Hills,GA-Bryan and Chatham County- Rich Community apart of the Savannah Metro area... all the stable families tired of Atlanta,GA Charleston,SC  and Jacksonville,FL are moving here... it extends a small portion into chatham county. 

13. Donalsonville,GA-Seminole County-. My uncle used to talk about how it was only a matter of time he used to take me fishing down at seminole state park and George F. Walton Dam. 

Seminole County benefits from being less than 20 minutes from Dothan,AL and under an hour from Tallahasse,FL under 2 hours from Panama City and under an  hour from the Gulf of Mexico. Seminole County has A port being built on the massive Mouth of the mighty  Chattahoochee River which actually splits through  the county. and Seminole Counties massive amounts of untapped land and location to the gulf and direct access to it via the Chattahooche has started to attract alot of big businesses and jobs to the area. 

14.  Bainbridge,GA-Decatur County. A bedroom community for Tallahassee,FL and a Major port city for both GA and FL... the Flint River branches off and splits  Bainbridge clean in half the Chattahoochee also cuts through it. 

15. King Bay,Ga-Camden County (Coastal GA) no exaggeration the growth Camden County is getting is ridiculous. Kings Bay is home to the USA militarys Nuclear Launch capable Sea Wolf Class Submarines... you can actually go to the place but no you absolutely can not see the Active war ready military weaponry for several reasons... 

The Hundai plant outside Savannah is going to be a game changer.  With it and the supplier plants, I've read something in the neighborhood of 10,000 new jobs in the several counties impacted.  That's a lot of households and possibly children in schools.  It is going to change the area for sure.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

The Hundai plant outside Savannah is going to be a game changer.  With it and the supplier plants, I've read something in the neighborhood of 10,000 new jobs in the several counties impacted.  That's a lot of households and possibly children in schools.  It is going to change the area for sure.

Other thing helping the Savannah Area is the expansion of the Atlantic Terminal... 

Its a monster of a Shipping port. 

If you've never been out to it man its intimidating to even look at... 

Its one of the busiest ports not just in North America but the world there isnt a time of day where something isn't coming through or to it... 

• Like 2

Also @Fred @FreeBird @HawgGoneIt @Ga96 I heard that the city of Valdosta and Hahira struck a big deal with the Buc-ee's corporation and their getting ready to start building a Buc-ee's larger than the one in Warner Robins  on the Hahira-Valdosta Line right in the I-75 corridor... 

So Georgia is getting ready to have the 2nd most Buc-ee's outside of Texas... 

Brunswick's Buc-ee's is opening this summer in Early June 

They're also putting one Near Augusta somewhere in Columbia County,GA. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Also @Fred @FreeBird @HawgGoneIt @Ga96 I heard that the city of Valdosta and Hahira struck a big deal with the Buc-ee's corporation and their getting ready to start building a Buc-ee's larger than the one in Warner Robins  on the Hahira-Valdosta Line right in the I-75 corridor... 

So Georgia is getting ready to have the 2nd most Buc-ee's outside of Texas... 

Brunswick's Buc-ee's is opening this summer in Early June 

They're also putting one Near Augusta somewhere in Columbia County,GA. 

We'll see there was supposed to be one built already on the wild adventures exit and the land owner kept raising the price until Buc-ee's said no.