Grayson beats McEarchern in finals. Christmas time for Fred.

• HooverOutlaw changed the title to Grayson beats McEarchern in finals. Christmas time for Fred.
1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Both teams top 25 and loaded with 4 and 5 stars. McEarchern has the #2  player in the country and 5 star Ace Bailey. Grayson has 2 studs in Wilkins and Harris both 4 stars.

The game to watch right now on NFHS is the CA girls Open Div championship. #1 vs #3 in the country.

• Like 1

They were great games and an exciting atmosphere!  The girls went first and won to finish the season 32-0 and then the boys game was even more exciting!  We were able to shut Ace down in the second half.  We went away from zone to man-to-man and Anthony Alston shut Bailey down. 0 points in the 3rd and only 4 in the 4th.  It was real intense.  The Macon Coliseum was about half full for the girls and 3/4 full for the boys which was pretty good considering the teams were from Grayson (girls and boys), N Paulding for the girls and McEachern (Cobb County) for the boys.  For those not familiar with the geography, it was a 2 hr drive or slightly more for all of the teams.  It looked more like college ball than high school ball.  The stats I loved the most were GRAYSON led for 29:15. McEACHERN led for 0:33.
Game was tied for 1:45. Times tied: 4 Lead Changes: 2

I'm grateful I was there for the first football championship (and the second and third ones) and now the first for both the girls and boys basketball championships.  We've been close (semis and runner-up) before in basketball but this was the first.

Oh, and it's always Christmas time around here! 😄