Playoff changes coming to NJ

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

I found this sentence interesting....

'Member schools also voted 179-115 with 18 abstentions to approve a separate proposal that will allow large schools to establish co-op programs for football under special conditions.'

A co-op program for football???????

Meaning combining schools so that programs dont fold

Just now, Bodysurf said:

Okay but you think that this would be more necessary at smaller schools, at least public ones. I wonder why only 'large' schools would be allowed to do this.

Very good point. My other question would be this. Since there are multiple schools with more then one HS in their district..ex: Pascack Hills and Pascack Valley...same district. 2 different HS. Toms river i believe has 3 different HS in their district. Why dont they combine to make 1 varsity team across all sports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Very good point. My other question would be this. Since there are multiple schools with more then one HS in their district..ex: Pascack Hills and Pascack Valley...same district. 2 different HS. Toms river i believe has 3 different HS in their district. Why dont they combine to make 1 varsity team across all sports. 

are any of the schools you mentioned short of kids to fill their sports rosters?

or do you advocate this to save money?

or what is your reason to recommend this?

Just now, noonereal said:

are any of the schools you mentioned short of kids to fill their sports rosters?

or do you advocate this to save money?

or what is your reason to recommend this?

Saves money on travel and facilities. Instead of fielding 2 varsity teams with 30 kids a piece you only have to field one. Same thing with JV and Freshman. Best kids play. It has been documented the amount of schools that are struggling to field a team

wtf?

why would you advocate giving fewer kids the opportunity to play a high school sport?

Because unlike everyone else today that want little johnny to play just because he shows up doesnt fly with me. It never has. You are there to compete. If you arent one of the best you dont play. Its teaches that great life lesson of if you are not the best when it comes to a job you are not gonna be there. I know your gonna disagree with me and im sure you wont be the only one to disagree with me but thats my opinion has always been my opinion and will not change. Now if you wanna take out the more competitive kids out of HS sports im open to that. Take the AAU basketball kids out of HS and the travel ice hockey players out of HS hockey and just let the kids that wanna have fun and represent the schools and let the travel players go out and compete on their travel teams im open to discussion on that

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Why stop there .. why don’t we combine all the All boy schools in Bergen County into 1 varsity football team 

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Because unlike everyone else today that want little johnny to play just because he shows up doesnt fly with me. It never has. You are there to compete. If you arent one of the best you dont play. Its teaches that great life lesson of if you are not the best when it comes to a job you are not gonna be there. I know your gonna disagree with me and im sure you wont be the only one to disagree with me but thats my opinion has always been my opinion and will not change. Now if you wanna take out the more competitive kids out of HS sports im open to that. Take the AAU basketball kids out of HS and the travel ice hockey players out of HS hockey and just let the kids that wanna have fun and represent the schools and let the travel players go out and compete on their travel teams im open to discussion on that

this is so so wrong

i am not even gonna get into it.

yes, i am all for the best playing and playing to win but each school deserves its own team unless they are too small to field a team

In this case they should then be able to let kids tryout at a nearby school.

I'd make all sports mandatory at all schools just like we do with stupid courses like foreign language.  

Some of the best prep schools in the country make playing a varsity sport mandatory. Yes, it no secret how important sport is to a child's development. 

• Like 1

Just now, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Why stop there .. why don’t we combine all the All boy schools in Bergen County into 1 varsity football team 

Because the NP basically do exactly what im talking about. They choose the players that they essentially want there. And you know that. And if you combined the DBP BC SJR which are the 3 in Bergen County you would have one very very good team

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

this is so so wrong

i am not even gonna get into it.

yes, i am all for the best playing and playing to win but each school deserves its own team unless they are too small to field a team

In this case they should then be able to let kids tryout at a nearby school.

I'd make all sports mandatory at all schools just like we do with stupid courses like foreign language.  

Some of the best prep schools in the country make playing a varsity sport mandatory. Yes, it no secret how important sport is to a child's development. 

let everyone play sports but not a varsity sport. There are club team out there. Im not for and never will be for every kid gets to play varsity. Not every kid is good enough to play varsity. Just like every kid is not entitled to a varsity scholarship to college. Kids need to learn that they are not entitled to a spot on a team a job in this world a college scholarship etc. You wanna make the team get up put the work in and be better then the kids that are out there competing against you. I said we were gonna disagree and i knew that from the start. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Because the NP basically do exactly what im talking about. They choose the players that they essentially want there. And you know that. And if you combined the DBP BC SJR which are the 3 in Bergen County you would have one very very good team

The team would be fine. No matter how many kids of better talent you have, only 11 are fielded... and the other team also fields 11. 

People often think more is better. It's a common mistake. Don't feel bad. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

let everyone play sports but maybe not a varsity sport. There are club team out there. Im not for and never will be for every kid gets to play varsity. Not every kid is good enough to play varsity. Just like every kid is not entitled to a varsity scholarship to college. Kids need to learn that they are not entitled to a spot on a team a job in this world a college scholarship etc. You wanna make the team get up put the work in and be better then the kids that are out there competing against you. I said we were gonna disagree and i knew that from the start. 

you keep mixing apples with oranges 

peace out

• Haha 1

The team would be fine. No matter how many kids of better talent you have, only 11 are fielded... and the other team also fields 11. 

People often think more is better. It's a common mistake. Don't feel bad. 

More is exceptionally better. More depth is very important with the right kids. There wouldnt be schools out there accepting a ton of transfers if more isnt better

Just now, HSFBfan said:

The same one that says not every kid is entitled to play a HS varsity sport. 

as many kids as possible deserve the opportunity

you started out wanting to take 90 kids currently playing (3 schools) and dump 60 of them

that suggestion is a terrible injustice to our SOCIETY. 

Kids that play sports tend to be higher achieves. They do less drugs. Less teen pregnancy. Better grades. More go to college. They tend to be more mature.

What we want is what is best for the greater community. 

It is best for the greater community the more kids that we involve in sport. (because of the reasons mentioned)

This is not rocket science although it seems as such to most folks. 

• Thanks 1