Playoff changes coming to NJ

HSFBfan

Just now, noonereal said:

as many kids as possible deserve the opportunity

you started out wanting to take 90 kids currently playing (3 schools) and dump 60 of them

that suggestion is a terrible injustice to our SOCIETY. 

Kids that play sports tend to be higher achieves. They do less drugs. Less teen pregnancy. Better grades. More go to college. They tend to be more mature.

What we want is what is best for the greater community. 

It is best for the greater community the more kids that we involve in sport. (because of the reasons mentioned)

This is not rocket science although it seems as such to most folks. 

I said you can field one team. One varsity JV freshman team. You can find a spot there. If not then you have to find your niche in life. We cant all be athletes in life. Sports does serve a lot of things but there are clubs that kids can get involved in and other activities. Your making it sound like sports is the only path for kids to do well in school and stay out of trouble. There are kids that never do sports that go to harvard and such. They do other activities and keep themselves out of trouble. So stop making it like sports is their only option because its certainly not the case at all. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

this has nothing to do with entitlement

stop blabbering 

What your saying is absolutely entitlement. Your saying that as long as little johnny is interested in whatever sport we have to find a spot for little johnny and i disagree completely with that 

37 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

What your saying is absolutely entitlement. Your saying that as long as little johnny is interested in whatever sport we have to find a spot for little johnny and i disagree completely with that 

Don't tell me what I am saying.

Just shut up, listen and learn.

Good grief. 

Listen, you are a good guy but sorry I am done with this nonsense. 

Don't fuckin tell me what I am saying.

Just shut up, listen and learn.

Good grief. 

Listen, you a a sweet kid. Sorry, but I am done with this nonsense. 

I tried to kill this narrative in the opening paragraph when I said very simply your going to disagree and you kept going on and fucking on. You sound like every other moron that believes every kid should get everything. Every kid deserves to play a sport. Every kid deserves a roster spot. Well guess what no they fuckin dont. Not every kid in this world is gonna make it. They should learn that at the age of 10. Parents and schools and this whole damn society does such a disservice to every kid that is being brought up its an absolute disgrace. Just be honest with the kid and tell him/her hey buddy pal etc you suck and you should try other things. Rant over

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I tried to kill this narrative in the opening paragraph when I said very simply your going to disagree and you kept going on and fucking on. You sound like every other moron that believes every kid should get everything. Every kid deserves to play a sport. Every kid deserves a roster spot. Well guess what no they fuckin dont. Not every kid in this world is gonna make it. They should learn that at the age of 10. Parents and schools and this whole damn society does such a disservice to every kid that is being brought up its an absolute disgrace. Just be honest with the kid and tell him/her hey buddy pal etc you suck and you should try other things. Rant over

Ok, you did what very few ever do. Genuinely upset me.

Nothing I like less than being misrepresented. 

Are you that... limited,  that you interpret my posts as the garbage you suggest I am advocating?  

OK, BC, only 30 kids from 3 high schools should play ball. That is a great life lessen to the others, especially the 60 who had played before your grand plan. 

Thanks for your input. 

Are you that... limited,  that you interpret my posts as the garbage you suggest I am advocating?  

OK, BC, only 30 kids from 3 high schools should play ball. That is a great life lessen to the others, especially the 60 who had played before your grand plan. 

Thanks for your input. 

It certainly is a great life lesson. Its called get better or try something else. Idk whats so hard about that. Every athletes career ends at some point. Sometime at 10 sometimes 40 but at the end of the day its all going to end. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

maybe one team per state? 

Now your stretching what I said. I said every school district gets 1 team at each level. I didnt go nearly as far as the statement you just made and its a ridiculous statement. BTW in the school district were I live were starting to do exactly what im saying. Were slowly combining teams in sports. Were a 2 HS district

The NJSIAA did some really good things for NJ high school football with this proposal:

1. Counting 8 games, instead of best 7 out of 8 (although they should end Thanksgiving and all 9 games should count).

2. Groups determined by northing # so slappies don’t make the playoffs.

3. “Bowl games” (which I think will one day be called “Regional Championships” or something en route to eventual State Championships.  You can say won your section, region, and state.  Not too shabby).

4. And big school co-ops (I wonder if allowing say a Ramapo-Indian Hills merger or a NV/OT-NV/Demarest merger would open up new competitive opportunities for the Bergen’s and Boscos, etc. of the world?)

Again only bad thing is not combining NP 3 and 4 and not dropping the bad and smaller NP3 teams into NP1-2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Because unlike everyone else today that want little johnny to play just because he shows up doesnt fly with me. It never has. You are there to compete. If you arent one of the best you dont play. Its teaches that great life lesson of if you are not the best when it comes to a job you are not gonna be there. I know your gonna disagree with me and im sure you wont be the only one to disagree with me but thats my opinion has always been my opinion and will not change. Now if you wanna take out the more competitive kids out of HS sports im open to that. Take the AAU basketball kids out of HS and the travel ice hockey players out of HS hockey and just let the kids that wanna have fun and represent the schools and let the travel players go out and compete on their travel teams im open to discussion on that

Nominated for dumbest take of the year.  There should be more opportunities for kids to play, not less.  Unless the school is having trouble filling out rosters, there is no need to combine school teams.  You act like HS football is the NFL.  Newsflash, it is not.  participation matters.  Not that you would know, I will bet my house you never played football with a take like this. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Seriously.  Just stop.  Bergen has kids on the roster who are 5’5” and 150 lbs. soaking wet.  They’ll never see the field.  

You telling me it’s a bad thing those kids get to suit up, spend time with their friends, and work hard doing something they’re passionate about?  So what if they don’t play?  Hard work is its own reward.

Kids aren’t dumb.  They know who is good and bad.  None of those kids expect to play.   But there’s no reason to be gratuitously mean to them.  They’re freaking kids!  Let them have fun and enjoy themselves and be part of a team and community and something bigger than themselves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Nominated for dumbest take of the year.  There should be more opportunities for kids to play, not less.  Unless the school is having trouble filling out rosters, there is no need to combine school teams.  You act like HS football is the NFL.  Newsflash, it is not.  participation matters.  Not that you would know, I will bet my house you never played football with a take like this. 

Wouldnt have to bet...Ive stated what sports I have played in my life. I said an hour ago more people on this board then not are gonna disagree with me and im 100 percent fine with it. I have always had the opinion of the best should play. Of the kids that stand on the sidelines most of them never play so they arent exactly participating except for practice. So you can call my take stupid and the other guy can go at me and ill reply every single time. You sound exactly like the other guy. Typical lets give Johnny the right to do everything argument. The world doesnt work like that. The world isnt full of a million opportunities. Be the best 11 on that football field. No reason for the school district to field 2 teams so that what 120 kids are taken care of. And when I was in HS i was 5'8 160 pounds why would I ever suit up for a football field. I was way too small

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

Seriously.  Just stop.  Bergen has kids on the roster who are 5’5” and 150 lbs. soaking wet.  They’ll never see the field.  

You telling me it’s a bad thing those kids get to suit up, spend time with their friends, and work hard doing something they’re passionate about? Kids aren’t dumb.  They know who is good and bad.  But there’s no reason to be gratuitously mean to them.  They’re freaking kids!  Let them have fun!

And no I wont stop. Yes let them have fun in their backyards messing around with their buddies. Sports is supposed to be competitive. Sports is supposed to be dog eats dog. What happened to that

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Wouldnt have to bet...Ive stated what sports I have played in my life. I said an hour ago more people on this board then not are gonna disagree with me and im 100 percent fine with it. I have always had the opinion of the best should play. Of the kids that stand on the sidelines most of them never play so they arent exactly participating except for practice. So you can call my take stupid and the other guy can go at me and ill reply every single time. You sound exactly like the other guy. Typical lets give Johnny the right to do everything argument. The world doesnt work like that. The world isnt full of a million opportunities. Be the best 11 on that football field. No reason for the school district to field 2 teams so that what 120 kids are taken care of

Ok, so teams should have roster sizes between 11-22 players.  Dumb doesn't begin to describe this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And no I wont stop. Yes let them have fun in their backyards messing around with their buddies. Sports is supposed to be competitive. Sports is supposed to be dog eats dog. What happened to that

Somehow I don’t see Nunzio (or even a public school coach) putting in the worst players on the team.  

Again, kids know who is good and bad and they want to win as much as anyone.

You sound like a geriatric sitting in a home and fulminating over cream of wheat about the state of the world, all while yelling at the nurse to turn on the TV so you don’t miss your “programs!”  The world is fine and teaches all of us lessons soon enough.

Out of curiosity do you have kids?

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

Somehow I don’t see Nunzio (or even a public school coach) putting in the worst players on the team.  

Again, kids know who is good and bad and they want to win as much as anyone.

You sound like a geriatric sitting in a home and fulminating over cream of wheat about the state of the world, all while yelling at the nurse to turn on the TV so you don’t miss your “programs!”  The world is fine and teaches all of us lessons soon enough.

Sometimes not soon enough. Those lessons need to be taught young and often. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No more then 35 kids. Thats all you should need. You need a 2 deep roster

Dude even our super rural schools have more than 35 players. 

I think the smallest roster in our state is 55. 

What haopens if somebody gets injured? And you only have 22 or 30 players. 

I dont like injuries but it happens. 

Or somebody has other things they have to do and can be there for the game. 

Small rosters because you have a small district or low participation is one thing. But low numbers by choice? Thats a terrible idea. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Dude even our super rural schools have more than 35 players. 

I think the smallest roster in our state is 55. 

What haopens if somebody gets injured? And you only have 22 or 30 players. 

I dont like injuries but it happens. 

Or somebody has other things they have to do and can be there for the game. 

Small rosters because you have a small district or low participation is one thing. But low numbers by choice? Thats a terrible idea. 

Dude 11 players play at a time correct. So thats 22....11 per each side. I said 35 kids. Thats 13 kids that are there as backups. If you have that many injuries you are in trouble to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Dude 11 players play at a time correct. So thats 22....11 per each side. I said 35 kids. Thats 13 kids that are there as backups. If you have that many injuries you are in trouble to begin with. 

All things aside you actually seem at least online like a decent dude.

But please don’t procreate.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Thanks for your input. 

You mean to tell me I never upset you?