Taking a stab at Louisiana

Reb72

hoping you are right, but what I see is a high-powered offense (50+ points in 5 of their games) of the type that has given West Monroe fits in the past...  we all know defending the pass is not West Monroe's strong point.

and you do know Lutcher is still playing too, their only losses to St Amant (11-1) and DeLaSalle (11-0)  ¬¬

Thanks Caj!

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Anyways, not that anyone cares.

If Kohen Granier (Destrehan QB) is healthy he's the QB. He's been hurt half of the year. Played some vs Mandeville.

He's a two year starter with a couple or three mid-level D1 offers.

The game that frosty butchered was the 3rd round last year, not title game.

Kohen Grainer was 35-54 455 yds 5 TDs and 4 int in that game Two of those were deflections. One pick 6..Destrehan had 3 fumbles lost as well. Seven TO in all.

There are NO unhappy Destrehan fans, though,  QB battle going on, or dumb coaches. I don't get that or understand why he interjects "frosty" in these posts. I really don't.

While you were correct somewhat...(Desterhan lost to Parkway 3rd round last season)

That title game against Acadiana was 2014...And he Granier did not play well...

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/-5927348091251599779/destrehan-quarterback-marquise-darensbourg-transfers-to-east-st-john/

Basically I got my years messed up....As for the "unhappy fans" it was some frustrated fans on a Topix forum after the Acadiana loss...I'll try and find that link to that forum...

11 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

While you were correct somewhat...(Desterhan lost to Parkway 3rd round last season)

That title game against Acadiana was 2014...And he Granier did not play well...

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/-5927348091251599779/destrehan-quarterback-marquise-darensbourg-transfers-to-east-st-john/

Basically I got my years messed up....As for the "unhappy fans" it was some frustrated fans on a Topix forum after the Acadiana loss...I'll try and find that link to that forum...

Don't trouble yourself, man....

I already know.

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Not seeing the drama you all see.

West Monroe by 3-5 TDs.

St Amant had to score with 40 seconds left to beat 3A Lutcher 35-34.

True...But they SHOULD have beaten Catholic also...Catholic just had one of those late comebacks...

Then again...Who picked Brother Martin to shutout Catholic (injury bug caught up to Catholic)

5 hours ago, Hortdaddy said:

I pick the Rebs to win it all in 5A,, I think it really burns them within them this year to do so.

In 4A,, I am pulling HARD for the Tide to at least make a appearance but Neville has it on lockdown.

In 3A Amite has speed and more speed,, I look for them to take it. 

In 2A,,, I thought Many had this on lockdown until they flipped Madison Prep over to nonselect,,,so Madison Prep gets it this year

In Class A,, the Tors have too much speed not to win it this year so Haynesville wins another title. 

In Division 4,,I look for the Creek to pull a upset over Southern Lab and win the title.

In Division 3,, Louie Cook is going to win a squeaker over Riverside

In Division 2 DelaSalle will win their first title as I have heard they are unreal.

In Division 1,, the state championship is Curtis vs ECA,, the winner of that game wins the title,,, so I am going to abstain from choosing a winner.

4A has me baffled...

Neville is the clear favorite....But I have Carencro and Karr as threats...I went with Carencro to win State but at the moment I don't see them beating Neville...

Karr should beat Benton (Too much speed)

I'm hoping for that Logansport/Haynesville final in 1A btw..

2 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

4A has me baffled...

Neville is the clear favorite....But I have Carencro and Karr as threats...I went with Carencro to win State but at the moment I don't see them beating Neville...

Karr should beat Benton (Too much speed)

I'm hoping for that Logansport/Haynesville final in 1A btw..

It's Neville, Karr, and also rans...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reb72 said:

if anyone is interested, the 5A Quarter Final match up of St Amant (11-1) @ West Monroe (10-1-1) will be streamed at gorebs.org

Go Rebs!

Will be watching that...

Destrehan and John Ehret will be on Press Play Production (YouTube Stream)

I think WSNO (YouTube Stream also) is showing De La Salle vs Parkview Baptist also...

I will be tweeting updates from MInden and Warren Easton,, It was hard to decide which game I wanted to go to,, Living in Haughton I had my choice of either Parkway game or Minden game,, so I will drift toward my hometown,, hope I can find a good parking place,,,last time I had to walk forever to get a seat to watch them beat Minden.

4 minutes ago, Hortdaddy said:

I will be tweeting updates from MInden and Warren Easton,, It was hard to decide which game I wanted to go to,, Living in Haughton I had my choice of either Parkway game or Minden game,, so I will drift toward my hometown,, hope I can find a good parking place,,,last time I had to walk forever to get a seat to watch them beat Minden.

If you are going to Minden, get there early. I believe the home side stands have been condemned and everyone sits on visitor side this season while new stadium is built or old is rebuilt. Born and raised in Dubberly and have many fond childhood memories from that stadium!

Lurker,,, I am a old Minden boy,,, I went to the game vs Benton earlier this year when we played on a Thurs. Seating is not very good right now,, hopefully Minden in the offseason builds a nice stadium to surround the field we shall see. WPSB are tightwads with $ but FEMA is supposed to pay for 75 percent of it. I plan on leaving Haughton around 4 to head toward Minden,,,, eat at La Fried Chicken and make my way to the stadium at 5. 

1 minute ago, Hortdaddy said:

Lurker,,, I am a old Minden boy,,, I went to the game vs Benton earlier this year when we played on a Thurs. Seating is not very good right now,, hopefully Minden in the offseason builds a nice stadium to surround the field we shall see. WPSB are tightwads with $ but FEMA is supposed to pay for 75 percent of it. I plan on leaving Haughton around 4 to head toward Minden,,,, eat at La Fried Chicken and make my way to the stadium at 5. 

Should be good then. I don't recall Minden being a big tailgate type place but it has been many years since I have been back to a game. After my son graduates this season, I plan to take my Fridays to see big games across the state before driving/flying to where he is playing on Saturdays!