U-High Completes A Rare Trifecta...

TheRealCAJ

In the world of states beating other state champions and how big of a deal it is U-High (Baton Rouge) beat Louisiana State Champions. No team has done this here to my knowledge. I will have to research it or maybe ask for some help.

U-High beat 5A Champ Zachary

U-High beat D1 Champ Catholic (Baton Rouge)

U-High beat 3A Champ West Feliciana

and, to top it all off U-High smashed the team (De La Salle) who beat the 4A Champ Edna Karr.

The computers are very fond of this as U-High has bolted to #38 Nationally moving up 78 spots.

38 University Lab (Baton Rouge, LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 3A District 6 II 13-0 6-0 (1st) 3-0 65.5 26.3 87-64
WINS: #137 Zachary (LA) (26-7), #224 Catholic (Baton Rouge, LA) (34-6), #238 De La Salle (New Orleans, LA) (45-19), #748 West Feliciana (St. Francisville, LA) (63-35), #1042 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (34-14), #1492 Teurlings Catholic (Lafayette, LA) (35-9), #2611 Mandeville (LA) (35-0), #3972 Southern Lab (Baton Rouge, LA) (35-16), #4876 Madison Prep Academy (Baton Rouge, LA) (51-0), #7933 Baker (LA) (45-0), #9567 Brusly (LA) (56-12), #13314 Glen Oaks (Baton Rouge, LA) (48-0), #13800 Mentorship Academy (Baton Rouge, LA) (49-6), LOSSES: none

U-High has left  NO doubt who the #1 team in Louisiana is in 2017. Well done, Cubs.

I will post my final Louisiana Top 10 later today and wrap it all up for 2017.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

In the world of states beating other state champions and how big of a deal it is U-High (Baton Rouge) beat Louisiana State Champions. No team has done this here to my knowledge. I will have to research it or maybe ask for some help.

U-High beat 5A Champ Zachary

U-High beat D1 Champ Catholic (Baton Rouge)

U-High beat 3A Champ West Feliciana

and, to top it all off U-High smashed the team (De La Salle) who beat the 4A Champ Edna Karr.

The computers are very fond of this as U-High has bolted to #38 Nationally moving up 78 spots.

38 University Lab (Baton Rouge, LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 3A District 6 II 13-0 6-0 (1st) 3-0 65.5 26.3 87-64
WINS: #137 Zachary (LA) (26-7), #224 Catholic (Baton Rouge, LA) (34-6), #238 De La Salle (New Orleans, LA) (45-19), #748 West Feliciana (St. Francisville, LA) (63-35), #1042 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (34-14), #1492 Teurlings Catholic (Lafayette, LA) (35-9), #2611 Mandeville (LA) (35-0), #3972 Southern Lab (Baton Rouge, LA) (35-16), #4876 Madison Prep Academy (Baton Rouge, LA) (51-0), #7933 Baker (LA) (45-0), #9567 Brusly (LA) (56-12), #13314 Glen Oaks (Baton Rouge, LA) (48-0), #13800 Mentorship Academy (Baton Rouge, LA) (49-6), LOSSES: none

U-High has left  NO doubt who the #1 team in Louisiana is in 2017. Well done, Cubs.

I will post my final Louisiana Top 10 later today and wrap it all up for 2017.

Even though the split gave us more state champs for that to happen that is STILL an impressive feat...

U-High #1 in LA no doubt...

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Even though the split gave us more state champs for that to happen that is STILL an impressive feat...

U-High #1 in LA no doubt...

That's true enough....

U-High scheduled up though and wasn't tested all year.

Had the back end of their schedule been better they might be a Top 15-25 squad. You play who you have to play in district though.

I have U-High Preseason #1 in 2018. I don't want to hear about Curtis or Evangel.....

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

That's true enough....

U-High scheduled up though and was wasn't tested all year.

Had the back end of their schedule been better they might be a Top 15-25 squad. You play who you have to play in district though.

I have U-High Preseason #1 in 2018. I don't want to hear about Curtis or Evangel.....

I dunno about Curtis...But Evangel gotta find some offense...

That was a borderline "once-a-decade" D they had and the O let'em down...

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

In the world of states beating other state champions and how big of a deal it is U-High (Baton Rouge) beat Louisiana State Champions. No team has done this here to my knowledge.

In a small state with 9 state championships for only 300 schools, I'd say not that big a deal.

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I'm down on both of them. They've done nothing here this year truthfully. 

Once again, as I've already reported, John Curtis hasn't done anything in years.

Last 5 years (2013-17)

Record vs. top 100: 1-5

Record vs. 101-250: 2-1

Record vs. 251-500: 7-3

10-9 vs. the top 500 since 2013 but somehow, if asked, people would still say they were a top 100 program.

Thing with Curtis is their team is plug and play so even "down" year they will be competitive well into the playoffs.  Easily their worst team in the past 8 years still made the D1 semi finals.  There looks to be some weak offenses next year so I'd guess Curtis once again takes advantage of that and makes it back and if you win D1, you will probably end up in "someones" top 100.  Catholic really surprised me yesterday.  Couldn't say any one athlete was "amazing" but they were all good football players.  It makes sense they got blown out by a very talented team like U-High because Catholic doesn't have playmakers this year, but overall they are solid.

3 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Once again, as I've already reported, John Curtis hasn't done anything in years.

Last 5 years (2013-17)

Record vs. top 100: 1-5

Record vs. 101-250: 2-1

Record vs. 251-500: 7-3

10-9 vs. the top 500 since 2013 but somehow, if asked, people would still say they were a top 100 program.

I can almost agree with this. I asked Omaha what Curtis has done this year and his response to me was he was high on U-High. xD

I told you 10 years ago John Curtis was a little school who could compete with most. 

11 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

U-High had a great season by anyone's standards. Probably not yours, because you ain't anyone. xD

Obviously not anyone's standard.

Only if you employ a sliding scale.

You're the guy who was trying to diminish John Curtis' dominance by saying that they had never won a "big boy" title in D1 but know you're fawning over a team that won the D2 title while playing these slapdicks:

Teurlings Catholic

St. Charles Catholic

De La Salle (Louisiana!)

12 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

But they can't.

And you were a Curtis sycophant. Stop trying to pretend that you were lukewarm on them.

That's laughable.

They can put together a great team just like STA on any given year.

You should know that better than anyone. You had one.

I'm just as down on that overrated bunch (STA)

Maybe you can have 100 D1s this year. It's like who really cares now?

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Great season for ULab...

But both Curtis & ECA are definitely top 10 in LA... Both are still probably Top 5-6. They in-state schedules just werent that great.

That's about right.  Floor for Curtis would be about 8th any given year.   The veer is the easiest offense to replicate year after year with different personnel and over half these kids have been doing it since middle school.