I just read where the Okiehomer D is ranked...

ORabidOne

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

14 vs LSU (2003)

14 vs Florida (2008)

It's all I said. 

You?

But the only impressive result was the Florida one because Oklahoma had scored 60 points in like 8 straight games.

In 2003 Oklahoma had been badly exposed against Kansas State.

So you have one example in 15+ years.

Good one, Caj.

17 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

And if they don't hold them to 21 or less, I don't want to hear a word from you given that this "great" SEC defense will have had a month to prepare.

Sooner averages almost 45 points per game.

if Georgia even holds Sooner to 30 it's 15 below their average.

So what if my expectations weren't met.

Why don't you tell us how many Sooner scores....lets see who is closer.

Just now, Guccifer said:

The ultimate sandbag.

30 points being set up as a "good" defensive performance.

1 Oklahoma 13 898 7583 8.44 75 583.3

No sandbag.

Boomer Sooner averages 45 per and almost 600 yds a game total offense.

The most prolific offense in college football. 9_9

They probably rated close to that in 2003 and 2008. Check it out for me and get back with us.

11 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

The SEC is NOT playing the most prolific offense in college football and facing the greatest QB since "insert your favorite"...

Strange comment.

You tout how well SEC defenses "feast" on QB's like Mayfield but then claim that giving up 30 points would be a "good" defensive performance.

Somehow you claim that this isn't sandbagging.

33 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Strange comment.

You tout how well SEC defenses "feast" on QB's like Mayfield but then claim that giving up 30 points would be a "good" defensive performance.

Somehow you claim that this isn't sandbagging.

OU award winning QBs haven't fared well vs the SEC, guccifer. Losses.

2017?

I'll go with what's recorded till proven otherwise.

I gotta sort of side with Canes in this topic.   I'm an SEC guy but these games are pickems at best.    Both the opposing teams have the right ingredients to win.   Clemson is nasty against the run and their QB, even if not as good as Watson, is very solid and more than capable of putting up points vs Bama.   

OU has pretty good balance and an excellent  QB.  If they can stop the run, they have a pretty decent chance of winning.

Overall, my point is these games are very even games IMO, and all you homers need to relax until the games happen.   I hope both SEC teams win in a route, but neither of these games is any more than a 50/50 in my book.

Just now, Guccifer said:

Yes, but they scored 31 in that loss.

Georgia lost by a million to Auburn. Beat crappy Notre Dame by 1 point.

This has the feel of a rude awakening for Georgia fans.

The question is, why? This is not a great Georgia team.

Isnt ND ranked in the top 20 in the country. All loses coming to top 25 teams? UGA stanford Miami

UGA #3 Stanford #13  Miami #10....Which makes ND a good team but not an elite team and now gets #17 LSU in the bowl game

UGA is a solid squad who like Alabama lost to Auburn @ Jordan Hare. Auburn at home is a very good squad. Auburn away from home different story. UGA lost 40-17 which is by 23 just saying lol. 

BTW current line on the game is a PK. So Vegas feels that the game is very even. So not sure why UGA would have a rude awakening.

Ga's performance vs OU is going to show me how good of an overall gameday coach Smart is.   So far he's done great in recruiting and really getting Ga's D on point.   His turn around vs Auburn was impressive.    If Ga has a blowout win vs OU I'll be very impressed and I think the rest of us in the SEC east are going to feel it when it comes to recruiting the next few years.