GHSA makes it official

TheMaximumHornetSting

26 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Instant replay will be used in playoffs and state finals starting next year.

This was passed the same day it was proposed after peach county lobbied and failed to get the GHSA to overturn the blown call.

And did those idiots say exactly how this would be implemented? It would necessitate having at least four cameras! And many schools barely have a scoreboard!

The GHSA is going to be lucky if they last long enough to implement some other dumbfounded policy that they don't have a clue how to implement or enforce. 

I think they are throwing that out there to try to get the heat off of em from at least one angle. They're in deep doo doo. A lot of people are pretty well done with their ineptness. I suspect there will be a lot of lobbying and calls to local legislators to disband them again starting now. 

I heard a good comparison for the GHSA last night. It was said that the GHSA is like a rogue nation. They were compared to North Korea in that they really don't have anyone to answer to and they continue to be defiant in the face of criticism from almost everyone. xD

Just think about the debacle with the poor decision making and indecisiveness last weekend that costed so many people so much money for one thing. Sold seats to a venue then stare in your face and say, "sorry", when the venue gets switched. No contract on the tickets saying that they could up and switch venues, regardless of the circumstances. As a matter of fact the tickets offered a rain check for a replacement event at the same venue for the same price on the back of the ticket. Nothing about a two dollar GHSA penis at North Gwinnett. 

Then, sell seats to the new venue for two dollars cheaper than the initial venue seats went for but not offer two dollars refund on the more expensive tickets as they threw the tickets in the trash cans as we entered the facility. It was better to wait to buy the tickets by two dollars. Can't quite wrap my head around that mess yet. How is that right at all? That's basically like telling us eff u for being more prepared than the folks that got the cheaper tickets right? 

Just not handled well at all. If you are going to charge Benz prices to sit in regular high school stadiums this year, may as well give finalists the option to choose whether they want to play the game at their house next year. They didn't give anyone the chance to choose this year. They just pulled the ol' fat lil' dictator move and Kim Jong Un'd everyone, teams and fans alike. Fans that had invested hundreds and hundreds and teams that had invested thousands and thousands got the Kim Jong Un treatment. The good ol' eff you fans. We don't give a shit what you think. 

Yeah, I think folks have had just about enough of their bull. They were close to being gone last year and got a last minute reprieve after a resignation of the head dictator. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I heard a good comparison for the GHSA last night. It was said that the GHSA is like a rogue nation. They were compared to North Korea in that they really don't have anyone to answer to and they continue to be defiant in the face of criticism from almost everyone. xD

This is like when the public says that their elected officials are stupid and incompetent.

Well, you put them in power.

The GHSA is just a collection of Georgia high schools.

Colquitt county is 1/400th (or whatever the count is) of the GHSA.

Look in the mirror.

• Like 1

Just now, Guccifer said:

This is like when the public says that their elected officials are stupid and incompetent.

Look in the mirror.

No doubt about it. 

Not a single doubt. 

This GHSA government is just as incompetent as the federal government we see right now. 

Hell, I watched our (Colquitt's) part of the count nearly attack the head coach physically at Pebblebrook. 

I don't have a problem at all looking in the mirror and seeing all the zits. We look like we been bobbing for french fries in the fry vat man. xD

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

Look in the mirror.

The GHSA has been around alnost 110 years...  

This is by the worst group to take head of the GHSA... 

They fired the previous president and put a new one in charge hoping to  get rid of the bill that was put in place to get  rid of them.  But theyve only made it worse...