Gotta give it up for the Spartans

Sammyswordsman

8 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

You're not even on topic.

How could you be agreeing with me?

I said during the streak years the landscape was different. No one in CA. was playing OOS games, Logistically is was a losing proposition unless ESPN or whoever would pick up the costs. And did not start to happen until the early 2000's. And even then DLS would not have been flying around the country during the season to play games. Had they been I'm sure they would've have lost a few games. Yes, the bowl games did not start until 2006 but that does not mean DLS would've have not fared well before 2006. Would they have been undefeated at state if it had started say 1996 10 years earlyier? Maybe, maybe not But it was obvious those streak teams were solid considering their record against MD and Poly etc. before State bowl games existed. Could DLS get that streak now? No. Could any team win 151 games row now? No. Can DLS compete year in and year out now running the veer? That is pretty difficult on a national level. They will beat some teams but against some other teams they will lose and get blown out. Will DLS change their offense so it is not so one dimensional maybe if you have the right pieces in place.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1DayPGA said:

I said during the streak years the landscape was different. No one in CA. was playing OOS games, Logistically is was a losing proposition unless ESPN or whoever would pick up the costs. And did not start to happen until the early 2000's. And even then DLS would not have been flying around the country during the season to play games. Had they been I'm sure they would've have lost a few games. Yes, the bowl games did not start until 2006 but that does not mean DLS would've have not fared well before 2006. Would they have been undefeated at state if it had started say 1996 10 years earlyier? Maybe, maybe not But it was obvious those streak teams were solid considering their record against MD and Poly etc. before State bowl games existed. Could DLS get that streak now? No. Could any team win 151 games row now? No. Can DLS compete year in and year out now running the veer? That is pretty difficult on a national level. They will beat some teams but against some other teams they will lose and get blown out. Will DLS change their offense so it is not so one dimensional maybe if you have the right pieces in place.     

Great post.  This is exactly how everyone in Ca. feels about DLS.

The only one hung up on the 151 game win streak is @Guccifer.   Don't think any Calif guys on this board are bragging about the151 win streak, or insinuating that DLS would have had that same win streak had they played the top So Cal teams each year or OOS teams during that streak years time.

The only point some So Cal guys make is that the 2017 Mater Dei team was a Once in a Generation team, which never trailed in 15 games against arguably a Top 5 National schedule, and would hand any team in the Country their ass.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Don't think any Calif guys on this board are bragging about the151 win streak

4 hours ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Try coaching and winning 151 games in a row no matter the competition. There's a reason it's the longest streak in Sports history. 

That's what I am saying, no matter the competition the odds of being consistent enough over the course of 14+ seasons is less than 0.01%. 

Tell me right now, do you honestly think a team like MD or SJB can go undefeated playing in Norcal through 14 seasons?

Dude, they won 151 games in a row..... Name me one team that can continually win 14 seasons in a row without losing. 

3 hours ago, DLS_Spartan said:

go out and try to win 151 games against anyone....  ANYONE

31 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Guccifer is just jealous of DLS's success with having a movie and the streak

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The only one hung up on the 151 game win streak is @Guccifer.   Don't think any Calif guys on this board are bragging about the151 win streak, or insinuating that DLS would have had that same win streak had they played the top So Cal teams each year or OOS teams during that streak years time.

What this ultimately proves is that sammy never reads anything and is content to run away when facts are presented in opposition to his fanboy opinions.

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The only point some So Cal guys make is that the 2017 Mater Dei team was a Once in a Generation team, which never trailed in 15 games against arguably a Top 5 National schedule, and would hand any team in the Country their ass.

They didn't even hand SJB their ass.

Reality is like poison in sammy's world. Avoid at all costs!

2 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

They didn't even hand SJB their ass.

Reality is like poison in sammy's world. Avoid at all costs!

One just needed to watch the MD vs. SJB games compared to the STA vs. SJB game to understand that MD is several tiers better that STA.  The stats don't lie.

STA fan needs to worry about scoring a TD against a semi final loser Calif team or mid tier Arizona team before they come knocking on the STache's door.  Sad

• Haha 1

After decades of protecting Sparta and dominating their realm with their phalanx formation. A military formation that is simple but effective. A formation that Sparta runs perfectly; allowing her soldiers to come and go but never stopping her march forward on the battle field. After decades of fight off the barbarian hordes, after decades of defeating the greatest foreign warriors of the world, the phalanx failed. Now the vulgar army of the south are at Sparta's doors. These armies of mercenaries no longer fear the great phalanx of Sparta and she will not stand...

As Sparta falls into alien hands, her army does not stop fighting but dies on their shields in her honor...

631b0d7a-e210-4bed-8f9f-7b4505f17b96.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

After decades of protecting Sparta and dominating their realm with their phalanx formation. A military formation that is simple but effective. A formation that Sparta runs perfectly; allowing her soldiers to come and go but never stopping her march forward on the battle field. After decades of fight off the barbarian hordes, after decades of defeating the greatest foreign warriors of the world, the phalanx failed. Now the vulgar army of the south are at Sparta's doors. These armies of mercenaries no longer fear the great phalanx of Sparta and she will not stand...

As Sparta falls into alien hands, her army does not stop fighting but dies on their shields in her honor...

631b0d7a-e210-4bed-8f9f-7b4505f17b96.gif

17 D-1 recruits.....

A Football team has 22 starters.....

17 D1 college athletes playing out of 22 potential players. 

A high school team is playing a 17/22 or a 77% D1 college team. 

24 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Nobody mentioned STA.

This is you changing the subject as fast as possible.

Typical sign of weakness from you.

LOL.  Homie needs to understand that he lives in a very fragile glass house aka STA's well deserved national reputation for squandering talent.  So much red meat there.  And I'm ravenous after the Once in a Generation season recently completed by The Stache.

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Homie needs to understand that he lives in a very fragile glass house aka STA's well deserved national reputation for squandering talent.

I made a claim (of fact) that MD didn't even hand SJB their ass.

Your response was to mention STA.

A clear sign that you concede.

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

And I'm ravenous after the Once in a Generation season recently completed by The Stache.

The once in a generation team didn't even win a championship last year and this year only beat SJB (a team that lost to the worst STA team in 15 years) by 10.

I'd might resort to subject-changing too if that was the hand I was dealt.

Just now, Guccifer said:

I made a claim (of fact) that MD didn't even hand SJB their ass.

Your response was to mention STA.

A clear sign that you concede.

Based on my definition of handing a team their ass, I can state that MD handed SJB their ass.  Unlike STA, who simply tied SJB in regulation at home, without scoring even one pathetic touchdown on their home field, and was fortunate that the SJB kicker missed a couple easy field goals.  Big difference

8 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

17 D-1 recruits.....

A Football team has 22 starters.....

17 D1 college athletes playing out of 22 potential players. 

A high school team is playing a 17/22 or a 77% D1 college team. 

i think closer to 25 players for this MD***** will end up at D1 college. (that's not counting the underclassmen who didn't play) 

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

The once in a generation team didn't even win a championship last year and this year only beat SJB (a team that lost to the worst STA team in 15 years) by 10.

I'd might resort to subject-changing too if that was the hand I was dealt.

Facts Canes.  You conveniently left out a lot of facts.  Starting with MD beat SJB twice by a combined point total of much more than 10 points.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Unlike STA, who simply tied SJB in regulation at home, without scoring even one pathetic touchdown on their home field, and was fortunate that the SJB kicker missed a couple easy field goals.

Subject-changing is your refuge.

You're pitiful, sammy.

I think it's time for you to start whoring for your next team to follow.