203 days Till Ga.....

LiberalDonaldTrump

20 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

To say they couldnt stop the QB Draw is being dishonest. The other team actually couldnt do anything BUT QB draw. Because of their OL. IMGs OL wouldve dog-walked DLS all over the field. The QB couldve walked in for a TD every play.

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  Pops can't believe that we basically shut down their passing game and their planned run plays to the point that all they had left was for Monde to run around looking for something until he finally had a hole.  The IMG O line averaged an inch taller and 20-30lbs heavier than the Atlanta Falcons O line that year.  Not too shabby for a defense that was missing a star player and had a bunch of new players and players in new positions in their first game of the year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Heres SOME of the teams GA plays OOS this season...

2018 OOS Opponents: (Preseason State Ranking in Parenthesis) ... Just here, theres 13 teams inside the top 5 of their state... And those states include Maryland/DC , Florida, Alabama, New Jersey, North Carolina, & Missouri...

Not even included in those 13 teams, is Texas' defending TAPPS D1 State Champ... & Floridas defending 8A State Champs...

St. John's (2× ; MD/DC #2 behind SFA)

Good Counsel (MD/DC #4)

Central (Phenix City) (AL #3)

Hewitt-Trussville (2× ; AL #4)

Clay-Chalkville (AL #7)

Wekiva (FL #3)

Cardinal Gibbons (FL #4)

Deerfield Beach (2× ; FL #5)

Dr. Phillips (FL #17)

Trinity Catholic (MO #2)

Bergen Catholic (NJ #1)

Charlotte Christian (NC #1)

Fort Dorchester (SC #12)

Spartanburg (SC #15)

McCallie (TN #8)

Prestonwood Christian (TX #1 Private School)

Dang son.  You had a chance for Pops by his own words to leave you alone forever and you had to go and prove him wrong.  Now you'll never get rid of him.

28 minutes ago, Fred said:

Why don't you come to us if you want a game so bad. 

How come this is always the come back from GA posters? GA isn't exactly a prime place to play in August and early Sept. You guys know exactly what I am talking about.

Why not just say "we like to talk trash but are unwilling to take on any major program west of the Mississippi."

We could just end the argument there.

14 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

How come this is always the come back from GA posters? GA isn't exactly a prime place to play in August and early Sept. You guys know exactly what I am talking about.

Why not just say "we like to talk trash but are unwilling to take on any major program west of the Mississippi."

What, your boys don't know about hot weather conditioning?  That's a lame excuse for not coming here.

Oh by the way, we went west of the Mississippi last year. Forget about that did you?  SMH.

8 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Your avatar name should be Mr T

The master at provoking rematches

OK, let’s shoot the shut for giggles — this upcoming season — you GA guys pick two teams (assume Grayson and X) and we’ll compare comp poll points at the end vs DLS and Folsom — say anything NR potentially is 1 more point than as far as they rank (usually about 50 I think are in someone’s top 25)

any takers?

and/or what’s best 2 games that we could create enough social media ripple to push over top — I can’t see DLS going to GA, but let’s assume Folsom’s booster club could foot the bill and be more inclined 

who does ga send over and where does Folsom go?

let’s answer this debate once and for all

i think both DLS and Folsom have enough returning in ‘19 to say yes to any 2

biigest hiccup will be to get Folsom to travel; 2nd biggest hiccup will be getting any appropriate DLS opponent (preferably top 3) to come west (a smaller issue only because you have 3 shots at it)

would be an awesome ‘19 double header

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:
8 hours ago, Fred said:

What, your boys don't know about hot weather conditioning?  That's a lame excuse for not coming here.

If you bothered to look at the summer temps where we live, you would realize how stupid your statement is.

I believe you are the one that said "GA isn't exactly a prime place to play in August and early Sept. You guys know exactly what I am talking about."  If you can't handle the weather just say so.  Oh, it isn't all about the temps either.  You don't have our humidity.

School culture and finances are hindrance to east coast versus west coast matchups, Buford would incentivize teams to travel to Buford. How much? I'm not in that room.

I don't see DLS, Folsom travelling too far east, certainly not Folsom... I think the culture there dictates Folsom stays within "their" area no matter what effluence Block spews.

So, onward with the "analysis".

Regards,

BGW

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

School culture and finances are hindrance to east coast versus west coast matchups, Buford would incentivize teams to travel to Buford. How much? I'm not in that room.

I don't see DLS, Folsom travelling too far east, certainly not Folsom... I think the culture there dictates Folsom stays within "their" area no matter what effluence Block spews.

So, onward with the "analysis".

Regards,

BGW

I would take that a step further and say that, more specifically, Georgia, is public dominated. This creates a situation that is nonconducive to roster cutting for coast to coast flights. 

In order for these big publics to stay in the good graces of their support systems, and keep the tax payers on board, they certainly have a different line to walk than the privates. 

Until these private school nerds and Florida (less support for publics) fans get that through their heads, there will always be these idiotic lines drawn in the sand, that in spite of other posters wanting to cross them, they'll likely never happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

These private school's fans that love to talk nonsense, will quite frankly, have to put their money where their mouth stays in order to get these things to happen. Down inside, they know this is true. It just doesn't fit the, "y'all are chicken to travel and we aren't coming to you" mantra that they chant. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I would take that a step further and say that, more specifically, Georgia, is public dominated. This creates a situation that is nonconducive to roster cutting for coast to coast flights. 

In order for these big publics to stay in the good graces of their support systems, and keep the tax payers on board, they certainly have a different line to walk than the privates. 

Until these private school nerds and Florida (less support for publics) fans get that through their heads, there will always be these idiotic lines drawn in the sand, that in spite of other posters wanting to cross them, they'll likely never happen.

Good point, I wasn’t thinking “globally” enough, just from What I’ve witnessed from Buford. But yeah, that would inflame the booster ranks if it came down to expense and some had to remain at home. 

Speaking of over the road, I don’t recall seeing Buford with tractor trailer rigs like y’all had, I was impressed.... trailers were emblazoned with school banner and mascot. 

Regards

BGW

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

These private school's fans that love to talk nonsense, will quite frankly, have to put their money where their mouth stays in order to get these things to happen. Down inside, they know this is true. It just doesn't fit the, "y'all are chicken to travel and we aren't coming to you" mantra that they chant. 

Makes good blog fodder though, to a point. 

Hahaha. 

BGW

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Good point, I wasn’t thinking “globally” enough, just from What I’ve witnessed from Buford. But yeah, that would inflame the booster ranks if it came down to expense and some had to remain at home. 

Speaking of over the road, I don’t recall seeing Buford with tractor trailer rigs like y’all had, I was impressed.... trailers were emblazoned with school banner and mascot. 

Regards

BGW

Yeah. We're blessed in various ways. Locally based trucking company donates a tractor trailer rig. Good folks those Taylors. They have another rig that looks like an FSU helmet and they move FSU around like they do us, only greater distances and whatnot.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:
12 hours ago, Fred said:

You don't have our humidity.

Which is why we would have to play somewhere else.

We wouldn't want you blaming your home loss on your own humidity, now would we.

#NoTravelGA

Like I said, you boys don't seem to have good enough conditioning to play here.  Thousands of games are played each year in this part of the country with those conditions and we seem to handle it okay.  Just admit you can't handle it and move on.  There is no shame in recognizing your shortcomings.

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

Like I said, you boys don't seem to have good enough conditioning to play here.  Thousands of games are played each year in this part of the country with those conditions and we seem to handle it okay.  Just admit you can't handle it and move on.  There is no shame in recognizing your shortcomings.

This is all just a diversion because your teams and fans can't travel. Word is many of your players have never been on a plane.

Am I correct?

5 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I am sure one of those is needed in a place that has air that feels like a steam room during the summer.

Meanwhile.................in the summer....................we are CA dreamin...........................

😎

For that and for the whirly-gig gyro thingamajigs, droons and satellite tracking technology that Lowndes deploys to try sneak peeking our playbook during practices. 

xD

9 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I am sure this is a thing in GA.

But that's about it.

It's a thing where real, tough football is played and bragging rights are seen as important. 

Lie, cheat, steal, just like a Viking. 

In places like where y'all soft teams play, you just out-recruit or out-transfer the other team so all the surrounding teams are wack, and there is no need for a different tactical edge.

Over here, there are A LOT of good teams, with stricter rules on transfers. Leads to lie, cheat and steal like a Viking in order to get an edge. 

Colquitt is the trend setter over here now, so those Vikettes send the satellite tracking gyro whirly-gigs and all. It is what it is. We deal with it.

Our best teams play each other every year without some nerd having to come on and troll message boards in order to pretend he forced a game you know. 

xD

• Like 2