Curling advantage

golfaddict1

15 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-olympics-2018-doping/russian-athlete-at-games-suspected-of-doping-violation-tass-idUSKCN1G20GX

I had to laugh at this one... doping for athletic advantage in curling.  You need to sweep with intensity match after match, recovery is key. :) 

Too funny! For a native born Floridian, Curling is Shuffleboard on ice. It originated in Florida ( Daytona Beach ) in 1913 for old retirees to have something to do . Growing up courts were everywhere. Most players were in their 70's or 80's. Many ocean front motels and motor inns had counts. For NBC to hype the sport and its "Athletes" the first week of the Olympics is hilarious. We usually had a "buzz" going when we youngsters fooled around on the slippery surface. Blasting an opponents disk with full force was a most :) 

45 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

A Canadian snowboarder actually had his gold medal taken away in the '98 Olympics for using PEDs -- namely, weed. The drug made him too creative with his tricks. He was having too much fun. The Russians and Chinese and Drummer totally disapproved of such antics.

Later, his gold medal was reinstated.

I think I saw where he now grows pot for a living.