"Out of the mouth of babes," everyone needs to watch this:

noonereal

11 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Maybe you should do some ride alongs with some  police departments. Police need stronger weapon base arsenal than the public. It’s not all roses and red wine in the streets. 

America has a lot of shit bags with zero regard for others, especially law enforcement living in it compared to other countries people like to compare our situation with. 

No they WANT a stronger weapons base and show of force....they do not NEED it.

They have enough significant advantages, bulletproof and defensive gear, radios and backup, cameras and the vast majority of the public on their side (including me) that there is no need to engage in an arms race with the general public...

That way of thinking puts them at greater risk in the long run....

17 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

No they WANT a stronger weapons base and show of force....they do not NEED it.

They have enough significant advantages, bulletproof and defensive gear, radios and backup, cameras and the vast majority of the public on their side (including me) that there is no need to engage in an arms race with the general public...

That way of thinking puts them at greater risk in the long run....

Sorry, but you’re wrong on this. Police started ramping up their arsenals because of situations where they’ve been outgunned, killed because of it. Nothing you mention will help an officer when shit goes down if he’s out gunned on scene. Maybe blind luck before backup can get there with an Arsenal that can defend-assault against threat. 

Like I said before, there’s some serious shit going on in the streets all over in this country. There’s lot of weapons in the street and criminals are much more likely to use it nowadays with little-no regard of collateral damage. 

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

Sorry, but you’re wrong on this. Police started ramping up their arsenals because of situations where they’ve been outgunned, killed because of it. Nothing you mention will help an officer when shit goes down if he’s out gunned on scene. Maybe blind luck before backup can get there with an Arsenal that can defend-assault against threat. 

Like I said before, there’s some serious shit going on in the streets all over in this country. There’s lot of weapons in the street and criminals are much more likely to use it nowadays with little-no regard of collateral damage. 

Oh i get what you are saying, but it is you who are wrong on this one. 

If police are outgunned on the streets, an arms race in the streets protects the 'individual cop' at the expense of all the rest's future...not to mention the expense paid for this escalation by the 'good' citizens that actually call those streets home. 

Also, If you are outgunned in the streets, then you obviously are failing in your job to police those same streets.     

Sorry to say it, but that's the risk you take for a 20yr career with a 100k a year retirement.  Most work well more than double that, for half that.

Sorry to sound callous as I have a long list of family and longtime friends who are officers...just the way I see it, and if you are an officer i would be the first to thank you for taking those risks.

10 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

Damn. You just wiped out 80% of your own posts as useless :$...

You know all those ones attacking that orange little big man 'individual' ...........

So people should just move on and not waste the time when you post those.... thanks, good to know:D 

You do know I have been saying talk policy not person since day one right?

God Bless you. 

6 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

So you think most/all of the anger is coming from the Left. I don't. Certainly not all.

Oh God no!

The anger is what got Trump elected by the electoral college. 

Much more anger on the right. We see this daily in the posts here when in spite of having all 3 branches of government posters on the right lash out vehemently.

I mentioned this a few days ago. I have never seen such vitriol from those in power. 

It seems the folks that voted for Trump still do not feel validated which can mean only one thing, deep down they know their values are tainted. Selfish and certainly in conflict with Christian values. 

Look how not one poster has answered Stan or myself when asked why,  Why do you think that trump has not enacted the sanctions against Russia that was OVERWHELMING  passed by Congress               517-5 

They know the Russian connection is very unseemly and extremely problematic so instead they cling to the cry of collusion. This creates an internal conflict which manifests in anger and avoidance. They just "want" so bad that they are claiming this round peg that is TRump fits into the square hole which is the Presidency. It just does not fit.

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Look how not one poster has answered Stan or myself when asked why,  Why do you think that trump has not enacted the sanctions against Russia that was OVERWHELMING  passed by Congress               517-5 

They know the Russian connection is very unseemly and extremely problematic so instead they cling to the cry of collusion. This creates an internal conflict which manifests in anger and avoidance. They just "want" so bad that they are claiming this round peg that is TRump fits into the square hole which is the Presidency. It just does not fit.

your just a lying ass...

Sure, no not one poster has answered you 9_9...

why don't you try answering the responses instead of 

lies and conjecture, and assumptions of what others want and think...

Par for the course for a Nooner post 

8 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

Oh i get what you are saying, but it is you who are wrong on this one. 

If police are outgunned on the streets, an arms race in the streets protects the 'individual cop' at the expense of all the rest's future...not to mention the expense paid for this escalation by the 'good' citizens that actually call those streets home. 

Also, If you are outgunned in the streets, then you obviously are failing in your job to police those same streets.     

Sorry to say it, but that's the risk you take for a 20yr career with a 100k a year retirement.  Most work well more than double that, for half that.

Sorry to sound callous as I have a long list of family and longtime friends who are officers...just the way I see it, and if you are an officer i would be the first to thank you for taking those risks.

Im not an officer but have many friends that are and lost one that was ambushed by a perp with semi auto rifle. These officers can’t police the streets properly nowadays. Society is failing at home before these kids are getting to streets. Just my opinion. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Im not an officer but have many friends that are and lost one that was ambushed by a perp with semi auto rifle. These officers can’t police the streets properly nowadays. Society is failing at home before these kids are getting to streets. Just my opinion. 

murder is at a 70 year low