Aliquippa vote on getting rid of HC

HSFBfan

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

This is crazy. There doesn't seem to be any reasonable basis for letting him go provided in the article. 

Nope...the board doesnt like him and thats enough. The board hold all school personnel jobs including the superintendent in their hands and if they dont like you they will make sure you are gone. And nobody knows why these people sit on the board. What is their agenda for sitting on the board. 

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Nope...the board doesnt like him and thats enough. The board hold all school personnel jobs including the superintendent in their hands and if they dont like you they will make sure you are gone. And nobody knows why these people sit on the board. What is their agenda for sitting on the board. 

In most cases...the School Board is an elected position.  The Superintendent and/or HC positions are employees.  There could be a number of reasons (not discussed in the article) for the Board's decision.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

The article posted 44 minutes ago from the Post-Gazzette states no reason was given....what you got?

They basically fired him because not every player under him was successful in life. They basically said the HC used the players for his own success while some players ended up on the corner. If this is the case then fire every HS football coach because I'm sure some player from every coach did not make it in life and landed on hard times

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

They basically fired him because not every player under him was successful in life. They basically said the HC used the players for his own success while some players ended up on the corner. If this is the case then fire every HS football coach because I'm sure some player from every coach did not make it in life and landed on hard times

incredible. I don't know, but I've heard its tough living in aliquippa. I recall this article: https://www.si.com/high-school/2014/09/09/heart-football-beats-aliquippa

But if that's the issue, then the school board should be evaluating every educator in the district.

6 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

incredible. I don't know, but I've heard its tough living in aliquippa. I recall this article: https://www.si.com/high-school/2014/09/09/heart-football-beats-aliquippa

But if that's the issue, then the school board should be evaluating every educator in the district.

Yep if every teacher does not produce a productive member of society whatever that means to the board should be fired immediately. This whole decision is a joke. You can't help everyone 

18 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

In most cases...the School Board is an elected position.  The Superintendent and/or HC positions are employees.  There could be a number of reasons (not discussed in the article) for the Board's decision.

Rufus>>

Do you know why the people want to sit on the board? Do you know their intentions? Why would you vote for said person to sit on the board when you dont know anything about them. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Do you know why the people want to sit on the board? Do you know their intentions? Why would you vote for said person to sit on the board when you dont know anything about them. 

Uh, who says the people that voted for a board member doesn't know anything about them?  That's a little hard to buy or sell.

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Uh, who says the people that voted for a board member doesn't know anything about them?  That's a little hard to buy or sell.

Rufus>>

My school district puts out absolutely nothing about the candidates that run for the board. So its very easy to buy. Ive asked them how come they dont put out information about the people running for the board. They couldnt give me an answer. We get absolutely no information about why they wanna sit on the board. What is their intentions etc etc

Just now, HSFBfan said:

My school district puts out absolutely nothing about the candidates that run for the board. So its very easy to buy. Ive asked them how come they dont put out information about the people running for the board. They couldnt give me an answer. We get absolutely no information about why they wanna sit on the board. What is their intentions etc etc

Well hell...ask them !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well hell...ask them !!!!!

Rufus>>

Ive asked. They said its not a common practice to send out that information. So when it comes to voting I never vote for any board members since I have no idea who they are. And these people actually hold the power to get rid of me at my job

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ive asked. They said its not a common practice to send out that information. So when it comes to voting I never vote for any board members since I have no idea who they are. 

You can't ask the board candidate?

Is this a police district?

That just sounds weird.

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

You can't ask the board candidate?

Is this a police district?

That just sounds weird.

Rufus>>

Are they out campaigning? They dont come to my house saying hi my name is so and so and im running for school board and these are the reasons as to why I would like to sit on the board