Lowndes Blackeye Thread

Columbiafan

7 hours ago, Fred said:

What's childish and immature is a fixation on a team to the point someone posts numerous slams as often as they can on many, many threads and starts thread after thread to slam some more...especially when their chosen team is not exactly a powerhouse.

I didn't choose columbia, I'm a Columbia ALUMNI 

And so what, if I graduated from Bishop Gorman or IMG Academy does that make my argument more correct?

My team has absolutely nothing to do with the facts that are regularly being presented 

Do I need to pull up the quote nolebull made where both Miami Central and Miami Booker T Washington tried reaching out to lowndes for a game and lowndes wouldn't even return a phone call, they instead play Bayside 

So i resent the fact people want to call them a national power when they refuse to play any team outside their borders who is worth a shit, i see some on here who question whether or not some of these Texas teams can really be considered "National" powers when they rarley play a team outside of Texas, well if that's the case you can make same argument that lowndes isn't a national power because they don't play anyone relevant out of state

They are a solid GA team and nothing more

Teams like Grayson, teams like Buford, teams like Colquitt, ect

Those are ones who can try arguing for being considered national powers because they have a history playing some quality teams oos, lowndes does not 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

And so what, if I graduated from Bishop Gorman or IMG Academy does that make my argument more correct?

My team has absolutely nothing to do with the facts that are regularly being presented 

Do I need to pull up the quote nolebull made where both Miami Central and Miami Booker T Washington tried reaching out to lowndes for a game and lowndes wouldn't even return a phone call, they instead play Bayside 

So i resent the fact people want to call them a national power when they refuse to play any team outside their borders who is worth a shit, i see some on here who question whether or not some of these Texas teams can really be considered "National" powers when they rarley play a team outside of Texas, well if that's the case you can make same argument that lowndes isn't a national power because they don't play anyone relevant out of state

Those are ones who can try arguing for being considered national powers because they have a history playing some quality teams oos, lowndes does not 

Stupid argument...

If Grayson, Buford, etc, or ANY team(s) within a select state, show they can play national level games...  If Lowndes, or whoever, beats THOSE teams... Or if they are just the best team in a state that had others play national level OOS game, whether they themselves played one or not is irrelevant... They would be considered a "national level team". Because teams below them in the same state are.

Not saying Lowndes will be or was better than those teams... But the point remains.

26 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Stupid argument...

If Grayson, Buford, etc, or ANY team(s) within a select state, show they can play national level games...  If Lowndes, or whoever, beats THOSE teams... Or if they are just the best team in a state that had others play national level OOS game, whether they themselves played one or not is irrelevant... They would be considered a "national level team". Because teams below them in the same state are.

Not saying Lowndes will be or was better than those teams... But the point remains.

Who's to say though that if one GA team beats someone oos and lowndes beats the GA team that lowndes would beat the same oos team? 

Columbia beat Bolles a few years ago who beat deerfield Beach who beat sta who beat viera

We still lost to viera

This past year  Columbia beat Trinity Christian who beat Bolles twice but we still lost to Bolles 

Get what I mean? 

59 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Who's to say though that if one GA team beats someone oos and lowndes beats the GA team that lowndes would beat the same oos team?

For once something that makes sense!  That is a true statement, one that is seldom applied in all of the ridiculous daisy chains many provide as proof of which team is the best or which state is the best.  In comparing teams that have played a common opponent, about all you can say is that on the nights they played, one was stronger and if there is a pattern then maybe you can say one team might have the edge over the other.  You never know how games are going to play out.  It may be amusing to compare teams in this manner but that is about it.

None of this excuses your obsession with Lowndes though.  They are in a different state for goodness sake!  As best as I can tell, they've never played Columbia.  It would be wise to get over your unhappiness with Lowndes trying to hire your coach.  That happens all the time in the real world.

11 minutes ago, Fred said:

For once something that makes sense!  That is a true statement, one that is seldom applied in all of the ridiculous daisy chains many provide as proof of which team is the best or which state is the best.  In comparing teams that have played a common opponent, about all you can say is that on the nights they played, one was stronger and if there is a pattern then maybe you can say one team might have the edge over the other.  You never know how games are going to play out.  It may be amusing to compare teams in this manner but that is about it.

None of this excuses your obsession with Lowndes though.  They are in a different state for goodness sake!  As best as I can tell, they've never played Columbia.  It would be wise to get over your unhappiness with Lowndes trying to hire your coach.  That happens all the time in the real world.

It wasn't that they tried to steal our coach that bothered me 

The coach we have has been one of the few smart decisions we have made because he puts in hours to build this program back to respectability after administration and boosters had screwed things up prior to him

Like seriously Columbia in our past fired a coach who won state for us only for him to leave and win 2 more championships, they didn't try to hire a assistant coach who went on to be the head coach of the winningest program in the state and win multiple championships, and on multiple occasions didn't hire a coach who won 2 state titles and retired as winningest coach in Florida history despite him being a alumni 

And people wonder why we only have 1 state title 

so the fact they tried to steal him away then claim he was a liar pissed me off. He gave me a chance to work with the team for 3 years and lowndes tried to attack his honestly and credibility

They showed they have no respect for our program or team and in my view you have to earn respect to be given it and they didn't show us any respect with how they tried to do business 

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Young bull, there are two sides to every story and then there's the truth. Just because nolebull heard something from those coaches doesn't mean they were telling the truth. What you're doing is assuming that it's fact because of your hatred towards lowndes, so your judgement is very clouded right about now. 

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Young bull, there are two sides to every story and then there's the truth. Just because nolebull heard something from those coaches doesn't mean they were telling the truth. What you're doing is assuming that it's fact because of your hatred towards lowndes, so your judgement is very clouded right about now. 

Ok lets look at this from a neutral perspective, your a neutral party in this

What would Miami Central or BTW have to gain from lying?

This wasn't something that coaches blasted lowndes in public,  it was a conversation between nolebull and the coaches that he shared (from what i can tell)

Yes there are 2 sides to every story but I see nolebull talking in public with coaches very often and if he talks to them as much as he does publically I can safely assume he talks even more with them in private so I feel it's probable that the conversation took place

If there's another side to it then someone from lowndes side needs to prove or disprove it because at the moment only one side is public knowledge currently 

51 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Ok lets look at this from a neutral perspective, your a neutral party in this

What would Miami Central or BTW have to gain from lying?

This wasn't something that coaches blasted lowndes in public,  it was a conversation between nolebull and the coaches that he shared (from what i can tell)

Yes there are 2 sides to every story but I see nolebull talking in public with coaches very often and if he talks to them as much as he does publically I can safely assume he talks even more with them in private so I feel it's probable that the conversation took place

If there's another side to it then someone from lowndes side needs to prove or disprove it because at the moment only one side is public knowledge currently 

Until that time comes, we'll never know the full story....right?